• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Jordan Rossiter at Liverpool has less than 6 months left on his contract and we are amongst a number of clubs linked with him. Anyone seen much of him?

I've seen him a fair bit as he's a team mate of Onomah for England but I've always felt he was overhyped(comparisons to Steven Gerrard etc), he's tidy enough on the ball and puts his foot in but I don't think he's anything particularly special.

I've seen him a fair bit as he's a team mate of Onomah for England but I've always felt he was overhyped(comparisons to Steven Gerrard etc), he's tidy enough on the ball and puts his foot in but I don't think he's anything particularly special.

In your opinion, how does he compare to Onomah?
Also, Alli, Carroll and Bentaleb,in your opinion?

In your opinion, how does he compare to Onomah?
Also, Alli, Carroll and Bentaleb,in your opinion?

I don't think he compares at all with Onomah, Alli or Bentaleb, I'd be very surprised if he went on to have as good a career as any of those three. We also have WInks(a year older) who is at least comparable to Rossiter in terms of talent in my opinion. Liverpool's academy isn't in a great state currently, they mainly rely on hawking around other clubs for the best 15/16 year olds(Sterling and Ibe being two of the more recent ones) so when they do get a half decent scouse kid come through you're going to hear about it and that's what has happened with Rossiter, had he come through our academy you'd have probably heard as much about him as you have Luke Amos.

1. Andrew Gaffney ‏@GaffneyVLC 5m5 minutes ago
    Some good news for Tottenham and perhaps the player himself as Sevilla’s president admits they are working on a deal to re-sign Fazio.

2. Andrew Gaffney ‏@GaffneyVLC 4m4 minutes ago
    Castro: “It’s true we are working on different (defensive) options & Fazio is one of them. But as nothing is closed, he’s just an option."

3. Andrew Gaffney ‏@GaffneyVLC 3m3 minutes ago
    Castro: “It’s clear Fazio didn’t leave [us] how we’d have wanted; he angered me greatly. But I need to look at what is best for Sevilla."

Paper talk:
  • PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has lambasted Adrien Rabiot for showing a lack of respect and hawking himself around for a Premier League move (Daily Star)
  • Tottenham are keen on Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez, though a January bid is unlikely. Manchester United also want the Algerian star, scorer of 14 goals this season, despite Leicester’s insistence he won’t be sold in the window (Daily Mail)
  • Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and Tottenham are all chasing Charlton’s 18-year-old Ademola Lookman who has netted three goals in seven games since making his debut last month (Daily Mirror)
  • Tottenham are weighing up a January swoop for Valencia’s former Emirates Marketing Project striker Alvaro Negredo, who is thought to be available for around £10million. Spurs are considering alternatives in case their January move for Saido Berahino is vetoed by West Brom. Valencia striker Alvaro Negredo is among their contingencies in what would be a shock move. The Daily Mirror also claims Spurs are interested in Gent striker Laurent Depoitre.

Hopefully we wont go for Mahrez - nothing to do with his ability but we currently face losing Bentaleb and Njie for 4-6 weeks every other year for the ACN and therefore losing a 3rd player in that key part of the season is too much in my opinion

I assume that if we do flog Fazio in Jan then we'll be bringing in another CB as cover. Dier is now too crucial as our DM and it doesn't appear as though Poch is ready to play Wimmer in the league given that he didn't even start all our EL games, plus whilst Poch does trust young players, he tends to ease them in rather than throw them in so cant see CCV being our 4th CB this year or next

I assume that if we do flog Fazio in Jan then we'll be bringing in another CB as cover. Dier is now too crucial as our DM and it doesn't appear as though Poch is ready to play Wimmer in the league given that he didn't even start all our EL games, plus whilst Poch does trust young players, he tends to ease them in rather than throw them in so cant see CCV being our 4th CB this year or next

Considering how little Wimmer as 3rd CB has had to feature so far, I don't think we'll bring in a 4th senior one. Promoting 2CV or Veljkovic (if he signs his new contact) seems much more likely.

We're still slightly overstocked with midfielders (even if we lose Townsend and Carroll), so that (with Dier's versatility) will compensate for only having 7 defenders.

2CV and Coulthirst have already been part of EL squads (in addition to McGee and Winks who were formally promoted at the start of the season), so they are clearly close to the first team squad.

Hopefully we wont go for Mahrez - nothing to do with his ability but we currently face losing Bentaleb and Njie for 4-6 weeks every other year for the ACN and therefore losing a 3rd player in that key part of the season is too much in my opinion

We will likely be priced out of Mahrez .. (regardless of what our intention is), a few big bids will get thrown at Leicester for him & Vardy, and despite the club probably not needing the money, the players will force the move ..

We will likely be priced out of Mahrez .. (regardless of what our intention is), a few big bids will get thrown at Leicester for him & Vardy, and despite the club probably not needing the money, the players will force the move ..

The bids will come no doubt, but i don't think they'll move mid-season...much more likely in the summer imo

The bids will come no doubt, but i don't think they'll move mid-season...much more likely in the summer imo

We all bitch about lack of player loyalty ... but from the other side ...

- Vardy would be a complete loon not to jump at a decent offer from a top 4 side, he's fudging 29 ... a drop in form or injury in 2nd half of season, the offer may never come again.
- Both of them, do they really think they would win anything with Leicester? United could argue that with the two of them, they could win the PL this season ...

Mahrez is 24, he might stick it out a little longer .. Vardy needs to take the next offer ....

- Vardy would be a complete loon not to jump at a decent offer from a top 4 side, he's fudgeing 29 ... a drop in form or injury in 2nd half of season, the offer may never come again.
- Both of them, do they really think they would win anything with Leicester? United could argue that with the two of them, they could win the PL this season ...

Mahrez is 24, he might stick it out a little longer .. Vardy needs to take the next offer ....

Vardy: depends on if he trusts himself to be mainly injury-free before the summer. If he joins a 'top 4' side and then plays second-fiddle or mainly a sub his place at Euro 2016 (already not assured anyway) will likely be even more in jeopardy. If he stays at Leicester, keeps his scoring form by playing every week AND gets them into Europe he'll likely have a greater chance of going to the Euros AND also offers from elsewhere, esp if he plays and does well there. A dilemma for the lad, but it depends on what he values more immediately. He could gamble and stay at Leicester until the end of the season and get both.
Mahrez: similar but time is far more on his side.

Vardy: depends on if he trusts himself to be mainly injury-free before the summer. If he joins a 'top 4' side and then plays second-fiddle or mainly a sub his place at Euro 2016 (already not assured anyway) will likely be even more in jeopardy. If he stays at Leicester, keeps his scoring form by playing every week AND gets them into Europe he'll likely have a greater chance of going to the Euros AND also offers from elsewhere, esp if he plays and does well there. A dilemma for the lad, but it depends on what he values more immediately. He could gamble and stay at Leicester until the end of the season and get both.
Mahrez: similar but time is far more on his side.

Agree, but I'd argue if Vardy played for United as example .. he'd automatically be put in England squad ..

His real challenge is just age ... its taken him so long to get where he is, not sure "waiting" for a better offer is a good personal gamble (no one knows .. time will tell)

- Vardy would be a complete loon not to jump at a decent offer from a top 4 side, he's fudgeing 29 ... a drop in form or injury in 2nd half of season, the offer may never come again.

I think the next offer for Vardy will be a huge contract offer from Leicester. I also think that he will sign that deal.

Vardy isn't moving this season. The form he's in won't last, but equally, the game time he's getting should (if continued) put him into the Euro 2016 squad ahead of sicknotes like Sturridge and Ings: I don't think he'd ever risk his chance of representing England at the Euros for a move which, let's face it, could go wrong extremely easily.

In the absence of any major injuries, he'll look for a new club this summer, but he won't push things too hard: if he can't get his (final) chance to play for a traditionally big side, he'll probably just renew with Leicester, take their money and become a legend at the King Power Stadium.

He's set up very nicely, whatever his future holds. I don't think he'll pull a B.erahino. I'm not entirely sold on his essential decency as a human being, but no one can deny that his story is an eminently feel-good one.

CW3YBMLWsAEJMjm.jpg

Back