• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Both are statements of the bleedin obvious.

Funny then how both strikers we bought in the summer (Nige and Son) had no PL experience.
But I think he's talking about even more in the reference to the January window, as you have no time to get them used to their team mates where as in the summer at least you've time with pre season games etc....

We will certainly try to sign a centre forward. We won't be held to ransom. But Berahino, Sandro Rameriz, Batshuayi and no doubt a few others are scrawled on the back of an envelope in Levy's office, and we should be able to get one in. Berahino seems unlike now unless Pearce sells for half the price he rejected last summer. Who knows what the terms of that deal were though.

Levy and team will be going all out to sign a CF, there is no doubt. It should be a versatile player who can compete with Kane, but also play one of the supporting roles. Touch wood we can prise a genuine player away from somewhere. I am 95% sure we will.

We will certainly try to sign a centre forward. We won't be held to ransom. But Berahino, Sandro Rameriz, Batshuayi and no doubt a few others are scrawled on the back of an envelope in Levy's office, and we should be able to get one in. Berahino seems unlike now unless Pearce sells for half the price he rejected last summer. Who knows what the terms of that deal were though.

Levy and team will be going all out to sign a CF, there is no doubt. It should be a versatile player who can compete with Kane, but also play one of the supporting roles. Touch wood we can prise a genuine player away from somewhere. I am 95% sure we will.

I am 96% sure that we won't sign Berahino. Berahino isn't the same player that he was in the summer. His head was turned, he exposed his attitude, and has since found it difficult to get game time. I think that this experience, given his seemingly weak mentality*, will have an adverse effect on his performances, even if he does get the move. I think he now represents such a transfer risk that it's not worth Levy trying to engage with Peace to get a transfer fee, and terms, agreed. We will instead sign a player who we can land at the first time of asking.

*A seemingly weak mentality which was reflected by sulking and posting comments on Social Media. Sometimes stamping your feet is for children, not adults. I can understand his frustration but there are ways to conduct yourself & I think he reacted badly.

I am 96% sure that we won't sign Berahino. Berahino isn't the same player that he was in the summer. His head was turned, he exposed his attitude, and has since found it difficult to get game time. I think that this experience, given his seemingly weak mentality*, will have an adverse effect on his performances, even if he does get the move. I think he now represents such a transfer risk that it's not worth Levy trying to engage with Peace to get a transfer fee, and terms, agreed. We will instead sign a player who we can land at the first time of asking.

*A seemingly weak mentality which was reflected by sulking and posting comments on Social Media. Sometimes stamping your feet is for children, not adults. I can understand his frustration but there are ways to conduct yourself & I think he reacted badly.

Happy Christmas! Yes it's unlikely Berahino will happen and one ITK who may actually have something genuine to say indicated it wasn't happening. But him not playing is a bonus in that he should be fresh and eager to prove himself again. Yes he will not be fully match sharp, but it looks like he will play over the festive fixtures. We just don't know. Levy doesn't know what Pearce's next move will be. Although unlikely, I wouldn't rule it out. It was clear Poch wanted him.

It should be a versatile player who can compete with Kane, but also play one of the supporting roles.
Why does he need to be versatile? We've plenty of other players who could play those supporting roles, including Kane himself btw if you intend to play them at the same time.

Why does he need to be versatile? We've plenty of other players who could play those supporting roles, including Kane himself btw if you intend to play them at the same time.

Exactly Kane can play the #10 role so it is not essential that the new signing can play behind the striker as well. But with Poch's fluid system you want a versatile forward, and if you are spending £15-30m on a player you wouldn't want them on the bench. Kane's goal against Southampton showed how effective he is leading the line so the new incumbent should be able to offer goals, from wide etc.

Exactly Kane can play the #10 role so it is not essential that the new signing can play behind the striker as well. But with Poch's fluid system you want a versatile forward, and if you are spending £15-30m on a player you wouldn't want them on the bench. Kane's goal against Southampton showed how effective he is leading the line so the new incumbent should be able to offer goals, from wide etc.

Isn't that exactly what we signed Son and Njie(admittedly, now injured) for though? We don't want to become overloaded with wide forward but not quite #9 type players.

But we already have players like Chadli, Son, Eriksen, Lamela, etc. who can do that. You talk about not wanting this new striker to sit on the bench, but what about those other players we have? How are they getting game-time in that situation? We just need someone to take over for Kane when he is injured or needs to be rested, especially in the cups. And to come on in the last part of the game to substitute Kane, or to play together with him if we still need a goal. Kane might be effective leading the line, but I've also seen him putting in good performances as a 10, playing as one of the two strikers in a 442 and even as an inverted left-winger.

But we already have players like Chadli, Son, Eriksen, Lamela, etc. who can do that. You talk about not wanting this new striker to sit on the bench, but what about those other players we have? How are they getting game-time in that situation? We just need someone to take over for Kane when he is injured or needs to be rested, especially in the cups. And to come on in the last part of the game to substitute Kane, or to play together with him if we still need a goal. Kane might be effective leading the line, but I've also seen him putting in good performances as a 10, playing as one of the two strikers in a 442 and even as an inverted left-winger.

So why not try to sign someone else who offers similar flexibility?

The only thing I'm sure of is

- In the last two years, no one knows brick about who we will/won't sign. The club has really become a lot better at controlling information flow.

Logic says we are targeting a CF with some ability to immediately step in and do a job, who we get? wait and see ...

So why not try to sign someone else who offers similar flexibility?
It's would be a bonus, but hardly a requirement. We've plenty of players who can play as a number 10 or on the wings. What we really need is someone who can play as a number 9, since we really only have one of those in Kane. If that player happens to also be able to play as a ten or winger, that's a nice addition, but not exactly the reason we would need to buy him for. It's a like for like with Kane that we need. Besides, he does not have to be flexible, because as I explained Kane already is, so even if you want to play them at the same time just move Kane around.

Back