• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Marin is a class player. Shame he's heading there. We need to get our manager situation sorted asap this summer so that we can start planning for next year

This upsets me. Not because they got Marin, but because they are showing that it is possible to do things before the season is over. Which is something that we do not seem capable of.

This upsets me. Not because they got Marin, but because they are showing that it is possible to do things before the season is over. Which is something that we do not seem capable of.

It never ceases to amaze me how Spurs seem to leave the major transfer deals till right at the end of the window, giving the new signings barely any time to train with the team, whilst our rivals often have made their signings before pre-season even begins :-s

It never ceases to amaze me how Spurs seem to leave the major transfer deals till right at the end of the window, giving the new signings barely any time to train with the team, whilst our rivals often have made their signings before pre-season even begins :-s

sadly i can't see that changing until the manager situation is sorted out, either way.

it may have already happened, but i'd have a fat contract on Llorente's table.

unfortunately we could well be fire fighting in light of Bale's comments on FF today.

think thats a great bit of business by chelski, 8M for a 23 yr old who's shown what he can do against us and other top tier teams. a bit inconsistent but for only 8M, not a bad deal at all.

down the road, he could be the next arshavin, or the next mata

Missed that. I've seen him do it against us, but he's completely flattered to deceive (and not really been in the team) ever since.

We obviously won't be signing anyone until we know who the manager is though.

We obviously won't be signing anyone until we see who is available knock-down from the championship and SPL on deadline day.

Also - Chelsea don't know who their manager will be, but still seem to function.

We obviously won't be signing anyone until we see who is available knock-down from the championship and SPL on deadline day.

Also - Chelsea don't know who their manager will be, but still seem to function.

We really shouldn't look to Chelsea for a well functioning transfer system though. Spunk ?ú30m on Shevchenko who the manager doesn't want, spend ?ú70m on Torres and Luiz - then sack the manager before the very next transfer window. New manager wants Cahill instead so give him massive wages and a pretty decent transfer fee considering he's only got 6 months left on his contract only to once again sack the manager and bring in someone who seems to rate Luiz over Cahill.

Complete shambles, only made to work by having massive amounts of money to spend so they can afford repeated fudge ups. That's money we don't have and a transfer policy we shouldn't look to emulate at all.

Hang on. Are you saying Levy is sitting around during transfer-intensive periods just, what, filing his nails and stroking his white pussy? Allowing other Chairmen to get in ahead of him on the best deals? Honestly, what on earth makes you think he'd be doing that?

I would have every confidence that Levy is well aware of every major deal being done in Europe at any time and that his dealings are likely as canny as anybody out there, however it looks to us punters.

Decent signing, still think they might come back in for Modric as they arent exactly identical players.

We obviously won't be signing anyone until we know who the manager is though.

Yes because that goes against what we have done in previous seasons. It doesnt matter who the Manager is or whatever UNLESS Levy changes his stubborn ways we will ALWAYS leave it till last minute.

There are exceptions such as the luka signing but more often than not Levy has his own transfer window i.e. 31st August.

April 08 Modric
May 07 Bale
May 06 Berbatov

But since Commoli left and Redknapp came in we no longer work like that.

Marin is a class player. Shame he's heading there. We need to get our manager situation sorted asap this summer so that we can start planning for next year

This sort of deal could have been done by us last season as well as in january. A tricky young creative midfielder who has a lot of potential. We saw what he did to our team and its a wonder no one else was in for him. We need to get players like this in.

Marin's an excellent buy for Chelsea. They are desperate for a player with a little skill and creativity as without Mata they don't really have a player able to create something out of nothing. ?ú8m is a snip too considering he's only 23 with loads of potential.

Still strange that signings are being made with no manager in charge though. Every possibility that the new man might not like / play Marin as he's got the tendency to be a inconsistent.

April 08 Modric
May 07 Bale
May 06 Berbatov

But since Commoli left and Redknapp came in we no longer work like that.

Perhaps we should re-sign Comoli. Whilst his scatter-gun approach to transfers resulted in a lot of deadwood in the squad at least we signed a few gems, as opposed to the endless stream of short term stopgaps we keep picking up just before the window closes nowadays... :-k

Hopefully we will get a manger in who knows what he wants and does not keep changing his mind ( unlike Redknapp)

Back