• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

German press say Marko Marin has had Chelsea medical. Fee Ôé¼7-8m, with Romelu Lukaku heading to Werder Bremen on loan (via @benny_berger)

What about if CFC's new manager doesnt want Marin, obviously means the new CFC has been massively tapped up already if advising on transfer targets

What about if CFC's new manager doesnt want Marin, obviously means the new CFC has been massively tapped up already if advising on transfer targets

Abramovich has long bought who he wanted. Shevchenko, Ballack and Torres come to mind as players he brought in because he wanted them.

Marin is meh, but I do not understand how Chelsea operate at all. They seem to make random signings out of nowhere and it's not even obvious who makes the signings or chooses the players etc. We keep hearing they want to get a structure in place and be stable but then they make signings when they don't even have a permanent manager, will a manager there ever be able to make their own signings?? They are surely the most dysfunctional club.

With Lukaku going out on loan, Drogba and Kalou leaving, Sturridge unhappy and has been completely dropped, Anelka banished to China that leaves only Torres as their striker next season :lol:, SURELY they must be going to sign a top striker as well?

Marin is hugely overrated, get over it you lot...

Altough i agree with you that is not a bad price for a player of his goodish standard also lowish wages. He was good against us so even though he has been an 7 or a 7.5 player for the last 2 years it is enough for us to still like him. I think that is why we brought gomes.

This hopefully means less pressure on Modric.

Good player. Means no modric for them?

Based on what? Apart from being short and technical they couldn't be much more different.

gutted they got Marin, already a class player and will considerably improve with Chelscum

I hope you're just throwing that word around lightly. He has a long way to go to be considered class in my opinion.

It's the fact that they're actually doing things, compared to us, who are not.

Doing something can be a lot worse than doing nothing if the thing you're doing isn't the right thing.

Marin will be a great player for them.

I can see Harry appearing in a couple of days when the media start asking him if that means Modric will stay that we could have had Marin too, as it seems every player that signs for someone else we could have bought.

April 08 Modric
May 07 Bale
May 06 Berbatov

But since Commoli left and Redknapp came in we no longer work like that.

Berbatov was nothing to do with Commoli. That one was in the works long before Commoli came on board.

Didn't we sign Sandro early? Guess that blows your theory out of the water.

When are people going to wake up and realise the piggy bank is empty? All the pennies have been put aside to pay for a new stadium.

Berbatov was nothing to do with Commoli. That one was in the works long before Commoli came on board.

When are people going to wake up and realise the piggy bank is empty? All the pennies have been put aside to pay for a new stadium.

Technically we signed him late. Bid rejected for him 30th August 2009. Managed to get him March of 2010.

Technically we signed him late. Bid rejected for him 30th August 2009. Managed to get him March of 2010.

Same with Berbatov then. Bid for him the Summer of 05 and signed him in 06. Modric, in for him in 07 but didn't get him until April 08.

Seems like we've also made bids for Leandro and Tevez in January.

No all money has been put aside until Redknapp leaves and a new manager comes in. The funding of the stadium is separate from the transfer budget.

We can still get CL if we stop failing in the league, Saudi Sportswashing Machine put it back in our hands today. If somehow we are in the CL next season, we will have 40 million from CL, 10-15 million from FA comp for Redknapp and backroom staff, and probably 40 million from the sale of Modric. We will have plenty of force in the transfer window.

If we miss out on CL, it looks more grim, but we still have ~20 million Europa potential revenue, 10-15 million from Redknapp going, 40 million for Modric, and we won't have to pay our players the bonuses in their contracts for CL which is substantial.

I don't mind the kitty being a bit low as long as the stadiums is gonna get ready pretty fudging soon.

Then we'll be ready to fire it up.

If we miss out on the CL, I'll enjoy the EL if we get in it, as long as we've a manager who takes it seriously.

I don't mind the kitty being a bit low as long as the stadiums is gonna get ready pretty fudging soon.

Then we'll be ready to fire it up.

If we miss out on the CL, I'll enjoy the EL if we get in it, as long as we've a manager who takes it seriously.

I think Harry called it right on the Europa League.

I think Harry called it right on the Europa League.

I would think that call can only be made if we get 4th, if we do then it would be right to say harry was right if we do not then even if the margins are tight he would have been proved wrong. Will feel a little sorry for him if we get 4th but chelsea win the cup.

Tend to agree with Moonlight i think money has been put towards the stadium build. We keep hearing it is a 450m project yet the most we are going to get from a ground sponsor from the different things i have read is 150m and banks are not lending, i know we have received some help recently but i can not belive that we not have to tighten our belts for a few years, something i should say i do not mind.

Add to that the trainning ground cost us millions and increased our debt, yes might be "good" debt but it is still debt. I do not think we are a poor club but i also do not think we are as cash rich as some are making out.

I'm convinced all our money has been ploughed into the Stadium fund. I would go as far to say that our Summer incomings will be governed our outgoings with nothing extra added.

Back