• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I remember we were linked to Lloris years back when he first went to Lyon, maybe we have continued to track him?

Question is why leave Lyon for us? Would be strange especially as the French league is slowly on the rise.

I remember we were linked to Lloris years back when he first went to Lyon, maybe we have continued to track him?

Question is why leave Lyon for us? Would be strange especially as the French league is slowly on the rise.

Hopefully Champions League football?

if we're going with Rogers next year, we really need to bring this kid in now. No point in waiting another season, his price will only go up. Vertonghen and him for 30m? i'd say its a must.

[video=youtube;UuK-bClrkk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuK-bClrkk0&feature=related[/video]

Think it'd be more than 30m.

Eriksen seems like a grounded kid though, chose not to jump ship last season as he thought a season playing regular football with Ajax would be more beneficial than being part of City's rotation scheme.

If we make champions league :)-s) then there is a minute chance we could get him but absolutely none if not.

It'd be something like 30m and VDV going there way for the deal to happen imo. Vertonghen and Eriksen would be fudging awesome. Too awesome. Would actually present a long term plan in our playing style and squad and would also be a signal of intent for our players who may be a bit twitchy what with how things have gone. It makes too much sense for it to happen.

Eriksen says he prefer Spain to England. Think he will go to Malaga, and then after a couple of years to Barca or Real Madrid.

this is the sort of player we need to bring in http://www.football365.com/Saudi Sportswashing Machine-united/7696347/Prem-duo-eye-Dutch-winger pacey foreign winger with good skills just a year left on his contract so not a massive risk. I swear the must be loads of playerss out there like this if only we had a manager who was not scared of taking a chance now.

Eriksen is the man. Always thought he was too good for the Dutch league, wanted to see him against proper opposition. Was very impressed with what I saw of him against Man Utd and England for Denmark too. Would love him at the club.

People who don't like 4-5-1/4-4-3 will be absolutely outraged if we sign Eriksen.

He has only ever played one role on a competetive stage: #10.

If people have a hard time with VdV, who at least have experince all over midfield, both wings and as a striker, Eriksen will be a shock treatment.

Don't get me wrong: He's good and probably will not choose us for the sake of better options. I'd like him. But I don't think he'd fit in with no-tactics-needed-Redknapp and certainly not with 4-4-2 addicted Spurs fans.

People who don't like 4-5-1/4-4-3 will be absolutely outraged if we sign Eriksen.

If people have a hard time with VdV, who at least have experince all over midfield, both wings and as a striker, Eriksen will be a shock treatment.

Don't get me wrong: He's good and probably will not choose us for the sake of better options. I'd like him. But I don't think he'd fit in with no-tactics-needed-Redknapp and certainly not with 4-4-2 addicted Spurs fans.

@DanishWhite

what if we had Rogers? and also, would adding Vertonghen increase our chances to bring Eriksen in?

I say bring on the 4-3-3, bring on the possesssion play, and bring on the trophies. I can't say it enough, sorry if its getting old, but for me, Rogers is the only way to move forward with what we have now.

this is the sort of player we need to bring in http://www.football365.com/Saudi Sportswashing Machine-united/7696347/Prem-duo-eye-Dutch-winger pacey foreign winger with good skills just a year left on his contract so not a massive risk. I swear the must be loads of playerss out there like this if only we had a manager who was not scared of taking a chance now.

Never heard of him but a lot of decent wingers seem to play in Holland, its almost out dated in a lot of leagues now.

yeah but hows his distribution? i'd rather Robbo myself

Tell me you're joking!

This is very true, if we don't have two wingers and a big man-little man combo up top then it doesn't make sense to most of our fans.

@DanishWhite

what if we had Rogers? and also, would adding Vertonghen increase our chances to bring Eriksen in?

I say bring on the 4-3-3, bring on the possesssion play, and bring on the trophies. I can't say it enough, sorry if its getting old, but for me, Rogers is the only way to move forward with what we have now.

\o/

@DanishWhite

Rodgers plays a 4-3-3 in my eyes with Dyson and Sinclair as classic wingers. Eriksen would play in midfield but would have to play significantly further forward than e.g. Allen does today for Swansea.

Also, it'd be some time before he could deliver the defensive workload of e.g. VdV, who despite frequent abuse on message boards is amongst our most yard-consuming players game upon game. Eriksen is no where near ready for that in PL tempo.

Back