• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I actually don't think so, neither is a big enough name for them now, especially if they win the EPL

The player I think City will target is RVP, then I wouldn't be surprised to see them try some idiot bid for a Barca/Real level player.

RVP and Cavani seem to be the two high on their wish list

Any of the City strikers are surely beyond us. Think the only reason we had a decent shot with Ade is because he desperately wanted out. Personally though I think this summer objective should mainly be to try and keep Ade at Spurs. Caulker and Verthongen next season would be amazing as well, with Huddlestone back as well there should not be to many position that need fixing. ( With Dawson coming back as well, we already have three players that might feel like new signings as they get back from injury/loan ) Just a decent backup for BAE and quite possibly Lennon.

Would love to see us have a cheeky bid for Reina though. He seems like a player that would only move abroad if he were to leave, but you never know. Getting into the CL again this season might make people see us as some sort of "regulars" in it. Something Liverpool certainly are not at the moment.

Any of the City strikers are surely beyond us. Think the only reason we had a decent shot with Ade is because he desperately wanted out. Personally though I think this summer objective should mainly be to try and keep Ade at Spurs. Caulker and Verthongen next season would be amazing as well, with Huddlestone back as well there should not be to many position that need fixing. ( With Dawson coming back as well, we already have three players that might feel like new signings as they get back from injury/loan ) Just a decent backup for BAE and quite possibly Lennon.

Would love to see us have a cheeky bid for Reina though. He seems like a player that would only move abroad if he were to leave, but you never know. Getting into the CL again this season might make people see us as some sort of "regulars" in it. Something Liverpool certainly are not at the moment.

Nah we need more than two or three players. For the first 16 we need about three or four. As a squad we need a couple more - so around five or six. This will allow Harry to rotate without a significant dip in quality in the side.

once they sign one or two new strikers this summer, and Dzeko and Tevez slip down the pecking order, how happy do you think they will be then?

Tevez is only happy when he is starting every week, Dzeko has already been marginalised. City wont be able to keep 6 strikers happy

Might be right, we pretty much disregarded Europe this season so that is another competition for next season. The CC was pretty much a non issue as well. Only focus this season was the EPL and FA cup. With that in mind a bigger more improved squad certainly does not sound unappealing. Doubt well get in more than three or four in though. Harry will probably shift his focus depending on outcomes. I would not mind it if he just took on the CL and EPL next season, assuming of course we make it to the CL.

Doubt they will be to happy, but Im still expecting Balotelli to leave ahead of them. You never know. But like with Ade it will always come down to wages. Even with him who we have had all season there is no guarantee that he will choose to stay with us. If one of the other European money bags come calling it might just be way to much money on offer for these players to even consider staying at Spurs.

Doubt they will be to happy, but Im still expecting Balotelli to leave ahead of them. You never know. But like with Ade it will always come down to wages. Even with him who we have had all season there is no guarantee that he will choose to stay with us. If one of the other European money bags come calling it might just be way to much money on offer for these players to even consider staying at Spurs.

the point is that maybe Spurs are happy taking cast offs from top clubs, for a year on loan, and have half the wages subsidised. Their is no other way we can have players of this quality. Like Ade, they can stay for a year, do well, put themselves in the shop window, and maybe get a move to another top club

This will go on until we have our new stadium.

See on several different sites linked from newsnow that harry is saying we have to spend big this summer.

Do not disagree with this but i jut hope levy remains strong so that we do not have the usual end to a redknapp story at a football club.

Im not so sure we have to spend big money would prefer we spent wisely.

Sigguardson is rumoured to be around the 7m mark, huntlear has a left on his contract as does Moses and Dembele. Then the is young Emirates Marketing Project striker who is on loan in holland who is doing well. From another site and this one im hearing good things about a young french lad marvin martin who frankly i would like just because of his name, so cool. But he has a good reputation, these are the sort we need to go for not especailly big signings.

Also i would not mind a little look at Militio at inter always thought he could do well in the premership.

Adebayor has been great for us; He has been involved in 27 goals.
Aguero has been involved in 30.

Providing we get CL and keep all our best players.

1. Recall Caulker from Swansea.
2. Jan V from Ajax (?ú10mill)
3. Adebayor ?ú8mill
4. Dzeko ?ú17mill
5. Hoilett (Free)
6. Ship Deadwood.

I reckon then we could challenge for the title.

the point is that maybe Spurs are happy taking cast offs from top clubs, for a year on loan, and have half the wages subsidised. Their is no other way we can have players of this quality. Like Ade, they can stay for a year, do well, put themselves in the shop window, and maybe get a move to another top club

This will go on until we have our new stadium.

I really hope that is not the case, surely it would cause instability in the squad in the long run. Like the time when Spurs were changing managers once or twice a year like Chelsea are doing now.

Ultimately I think it would be incredibly irresponsible. For instance now, if we fail to keep Ade at the club there is probably no way for us to move forward as a whole in regards to next season. Unless we somehow find a player who is equal to Ade and willing to play for the wages that were not enough for Ade.

Crazy Talk. Placing Modric next to Yaya Toure would be devastating. I'm not quite sure who would be a viable option other then Modric.

They might go for RVP, but it would be such a waste of time. He's a class striker yes, but he's only managed one full season in the last five years. In addition to this, they already have Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli, Dzeko, Adebayor.

Mate, we rate Modric, but City has Toure/Silva/Nasri in midfield, don't need Luka
Tevez/Balotelli are both on borrowed time, Ade is never going back, and they will need 4 strikers -> Aguero/RVP/Dzeko +1 of the other 3 they don't manage to offload.

And that team btw, would give anyone in Europe trouble.

Mate, we rate Modric, but City has Toure/Silva/Nasri in midfield, don't need Luka
Tevez/Balotelli are both on borrowed time, Ade is never going back, and they will need 4 strikers -> Aguero/RVP/Dzeko +1 of the other 3 they don't manage to offload.

don't see any basis for City to be interested in Modric tbh

United are the main concern with respect to Luka, especially if we have CL football and Chelsea don't. I can't really see a team abroad he'd fancy either unless it's one if the big Spanish two, which seems highly unlikely. So I think it's United or us.

I really can see SAF coming in with a bumper bid for him though. He seems a perfect Scholes replacement, especially if SAF thinks he can get him scoring a bit more often. If I had to bet on it, I would say United will take him and he'll go. He'll be going to the one place I wouldn't really begrudge him going to.

United are the main concern with respect to Luka, especially if we have CL football and Chelsea don't. I can't really see a team abroad he'd fancy either unless it's one if the big Spanish two, which seems highly unlikely. So I think it's United or us.

I really can see SAF coming in with a bumper bid for him though. He seems a perfect Scholes replacement, especially if SAF thinks he can get him scoring a bit more often. If I had to bet on it, I would say United will take him and he'll go. He'll be going to the one place I wouldn't really begrudge him going to.
I agree with this, Barcelona nor Madrid have any need for him. The only step up playing wise is United and money wise its City. But I don't think yanited have the financial power to bid 40 mil anymore. I'd rather if he left he goes to city and we bleed them dry. However a player of his quality would be very difficult to replace, if we did lose him only players liker Marvin Martin or Ganso could replace him.

I'm sick of United taking out best players every few years - I hope he goes abroad personally, but like you say, I'm not sure where would take him.

yeah i can see United being interested - however they are being heavily linked to the Japanese (?) playmaker at Dortmund

Nasri nor Silva don't play in Modric's position. They played 1 game at central midfield this season each.

Silva
ImMu3.jpg

Nasri
3Fkqo.jpg

The reality is Modric would play next to Toure in place of Gareth Barry.

Paris Saint-Germain target Tottenham Hotspur's Croatian midfielder Luka Modric

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric is reportedly attracting interest from French Ligue 1 side Paris Saint-Germain.

Since Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp revealed last week that his playmaking midfielder is no closer to signing a new deal, PSG have been preparing a bid for the player in the belief that the North London club will be powerless to prevent Modric from leaving White Hart Lane.

Modric was openly courted by Chelsea last summer but, after having several bids rejected, Chelsea turned their attentions elsewhere.

Modric has stalled on signing a new deal ever since, and it now looks increasingly likely that Modric could follow Redknapp out of the door at the end of the season if the manager, as expected, is offered the England job.

Spurs valued the Croatian international at close to ?ú40 million after Chelsea's offer of ?ú27m was rejected last summer but big-spending PSG, managed by former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti and bankrolled by Qatari investors, could make their move at the end of the season.

PSG currently lie in second place behind Montpellier in France's top flight and are keen to bolster their squad ahead of next season's Champions League campaign.

Back