• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Mate, you think Mancini would replace Barry with Modric?

It's not about CM for CM, position for position. Mancini plays a strong defensive game with the creativity coming from Silva/Nasri and to a lesser extent Aguero. He's not going to add Modric to that lineup at the expense of a defensive player, hence I (and I believe a few others agreed with me), don't really see a fit.

Edit - Unfortunately Modric would be a huge upgrade to the brick in Manure's midfield right now.

I really hope that is not the case, surely it would cause instability in the squad in the long run. Like the time when Spurs were changing managers once or twice a year like Chelsea are doing now.

Ultimately I think it would be incredibly irresponsible. For instance now, if we fail to keep Ade at the club there is probably no way for us to move forward as a whole in regards to next season. Unless we somehow find a player who is equal to Ade and willing to play for the wages that were not enough for Ade.

a subsidised Tevez for a year? id see that as an upgrade for next season

a subsidised Tevez for a year? id see that as an upgrade for next season

I would too, if City makes a good deal with us for Ade or loans us someone significant again next year, it's because they think we help them by making the rest of the traditional "sky 4" look over their shoulder vs. ahead of themselves.

United are the main concern with respect to Luka, especially if we have CL football and Chelsea don't. I can't really see a team abroad he'd fancy either unless it's one if the big Spanish two, which seems highly unlikely. So I think it's United or us.

I really can see SAF coming in with a bumper bid for him though. He seems a perfect Scholes replacement, especially if SAF thinks he can get him scoring a bit more often. If I had to bet on it, I would say United will take him and he'll go. He'll be going to the one place I wouldn't really begrudge him going to.

after Carrick and Berbtov, i would begrudge another of our best players going there.

and if they want a Scholes replacement, a cheaper and more suitable option would be Sigurdsson, or if they want to go big then Sneijder is their man

i dont think Modric has it in him to be a scholes type

If we finish 3rd(about a 33% chance imo) then I really think we have a great shot at landing Vertonghen and Hazard, have absolutely no idea who we'd go for upfront though. If we miss out on CL then neither of those will happen and alteast one of Modric/Bale will go(personally I think both would be off)

It's not about CM for CM, position for position. Mancini plays a strong defensive game with the creativity coming from Silva/Nasri and to a lesser extent Aguero. He's not going to add Modric to that lineup at the expense of a defensive player, hence I (and I believe a few others agreed with me), don't really see a fit.

Edit - Unfortunately Modric would be a huge upgrade to the brick in Manure's midfield right now.

Mate, we rate Modric, but City has Toure/Silva/Nasri in midfield, don't need Luka
Tevez/Balotelli are both on borrowed time, Ade is never going back, and they will need 4 strikers -> Aguero/RVP/Dzeko +1 of the other 3 they don't manage to offload.

And that team btw, would give anyone in Europe trouble.

Silva and Nasri don't play in the centre of Midfield. So they are pretty irrelevant.

No it's not about CM for CM, but a central midfield of Modric and Toure, with a world class cb to partner Kompany behind them, would brick all over a central midfield of Barry and Toure. The creativity in the former linked to the creativity of Silva would decimate teams.

A move such as this would place them as firm favourites to win the league next year.

Sure in the bigger games they might play the midfield of Barry and Toure, but for anyone other then the top ten teams in the world they have no need to be that defensive. Not with the clinical strikers they have. It would be absolute madness not to.

If we finish 3rd(about a 33% chance imo) then I really think we have a great shot at landing Vertonghen and Hazard, have absolutely no idea who we'd go for upfront though. If we miss out on CL then neither of those will happen and alteast one of Modric/Bale will go(personally I think both would be off)

Hazard will take the 200k a week at City

after Carrick and Berbtov, i would begrudge another of our best players going there.

and if they want a Scholes replacement, a cheaper and more suitable option would be Sigurdsson, or if they want to go big then Sneijder is their man

i dont think Modric has it in him to be a scholes type

My opinion on this is the complete opposite to yours. I see Modric as the perfect Scholes replacement, whilst Sig and Sneijder both want to play where Rooney plays.

I think you're underestimating the defensive work Modric does, alongside Toure he'd probably sit back even more, causing havoc with his passing ability. Modric for Emirates Marketing Project is a scary thought as they don't really need him to score goals.

If he leaves I think it's for the best it being overseas, nevermind what club would benefit from him more in the premier league, we shouldn't have to worry about that.

I think you're underestimating the defensive work Modric does, alongside Toure he'd probably sit back even more, causing havoc with his passing ability. Modric for Emirates Marketing Project is a scary thought as they don't really need him to score goals.

------------------------------------------------Hart------------------------------------------------
Zabaleta/Richards-------------Kompany------------Lescott----------------------------Clichy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nasri--------------------------Toure-------------------Modric------------------------------Silva
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------Aguero------------------Van Persie-------------------------------

If the rumours are to be believed and City work their way around Financial Fair Play, that's fudging scary.

------------------------------------------------Hart------------------------------------------------
Zabaleta/Richards-------------Kompany------------Lescott----------------------------Clichy
Nasri--------------------------Toure-------------------Modric------------------------------Silva
-------------------------------Aguero------------------Van Persie-------------------------------

If the rumours are to be believed and City work their way around Financial Fair Play, that's fudging scary.

With some pretty decent options off the bench as well...

They could improve on Nasri, Lescott, and the RB situation

Really? I'd say they have the best right back options in the league in Richards and Zabba. Didn't Kolo play some Right back at one time or another as well or am I making that up?

I agree, Modric in that City line up is scary brick!!

he is bound to go, if not this summer then next.

Ultimately I think it would be incredibly irresponsible. For instance now, if we fail to keep Ade at the club there is probably no way for us to move forward as a whole in regards to next season. Unless we somehow find a player who is equal to Ade and willing to play for the wages that were not enough for Ade.

To avoid bankrupting the club, I think it's important that we realize that it's not necessary to pay 175k a week to have a striker of Adebayor's quality. He's only on that kind of money because he's already been at a money club like City.
Top international strikers around Spain, Germany, Italy etc. are still on anything between 30k-80k as long as they aren't at the top 5-6 Champions League clubs or a bank rolled club. There are a lot of options out there, and we're an attractive club to join. We have to look at players like Giroud, Negredo, Remy etc. who haven't made their "big" move yet.

Oh and if we do make any deal with City this summer, we should demand John Guidetti in part exchange.

Back