• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Sadly this is most likely the case.

Falcao is also living proof that good players can move to non-CL participating clubs

Yes - but there are others. Ade is on loan. Gallas will most probably go. Saha will most probably go. So thats five. Need to be replaced with higher quality (maybe not in Ade's case as he is fairly good)

Well hopefully we sign Ade. Saha will be let go but will have to be replaced by another stiker.

Gallas and Bassong will be replaced by Caulker and a CB signing like Vertoghen I imagine. (Does Caulker have to be named in the squad?).

I can't see any squad spots being freed. Nelson maybe.

Well hopefully we sign Ade. Saha will be let go but will have to be replaced by another stiker.

Gallas and Bassong will be replaced by Caulker and a CB signing like Vertoghen I imagine. (Does Caulker have to be named in the squad?).

I can't see any squad spots being freed. Nelson maybe.

Any under 21 yr olds dont have to be named in the squad irrespective of nationality etc.

Whilst I think there is a chance that Ade will be signed he will only be signed if a more clinical striker is unavailable maybe like a Llorente or Rossi etc. There is also Kranjcar who will definitely be sold I think.

I think a couple of players will also go on loan like Rose to bring in an LB back up and we do need a RB although Kaboom can play there but whats the point of resting walker when you cant rest Kaboom? Although try to bring in an RB/LB who can play in both positions.

Or like I said yesterday sell THFC but Bilbao and rename it as THFC.

Any under 21 yr olds dont have to be named in the squad irrespective of nationality etc.

Whilst I think there is a chance that Ade will be signed he will only be signed if a more clinical striker is unavailable maybe like a Llorente or Rossi etc. There is also Kranjcar who will definitely be sold I think.

I think a couple of players will also go on loan like Rose to bring in an LB back up and we do need a RB although Kaboom can play there but whats the point of resting walker when you cant rest Kaboom? Although try to bring in an RB/LB who can play in both positions.

Or like I said yesterday sell THFC but Bilbao and rename it as THFC.

You're right about U21s.

I think there's a decent chance we'll bring back Naughton as rb cover, he can also cover the left back. If we also bring in Verthongen who can cover the left back we don't need a dedicated left back cover imo.

David Villa is a quality player. So is Thomas Mueller. Hoilett is someone who can potentially be good but at this point in time is no better than Nathan Dyer who has in fact outscored him (and in my opinion outclassed him) this season.

David Villa for me is an outstanding player, but as I said in the statement you quote - although that depends on your definition of quality. In other words, I accept words such as "Quality" and "Class" can lead to misinterpretations between posters. Aside from that I was agreeing with you that either way he posesses a lot of potential.

Dyer is also a good player, I like the look of him.

From what I have seen of each so far I would say Hoilett is smarter and more composed, which is why I prefer him. I admit though that I have hardly been exhaustively researching either.

Although, I have to ask, why bring up Dyer at all if you are so against buying players to improve the squad?

There are 2 fundamental problems with that argument

- we cannot gaurantee 3 players would leave in the summer based on Holiett's arrival. That is a very vague assumption or in your words - straw man. Look at Bentley and Gio for example.

- buying Hoilett would pretty much kill off any chance of landing Hazard since Levy or Arry would not have 3 players competing for 1 spot and obviously opt for the cheaper/bricker option. Much like Liverpool went for 'potential' signings last time around in terms of Henderson and Downing. While others ended up with Silva, Romelu and Mata.

Once again, I havent stated there are guarantees of anything. Only opportunities, it really is quite simple and no something you can really argue against. Hoilett in effect would make three players (potentially) redundant. We could then see those players leave. Thats it. It might work out for the best.

Buying Hoilett does not kill of the chances of signing Hazzard, that is a foolish thing to say. Firstly, I was of the impression Hazzard plays left right or centre. And secondly I know Hoilett can do the same.

Coupled to the fact we have one Left winger and one Right winger and in VDV one who plays centrally behind the striker - none of which with back up - I would suggest getting in a star buy, and a promising buy who can cover all three positions would be a very sensible option. Particularly when one wouldnt even register on our transfer budget.

Wil reply to that in detail later. On my phone now.

Quick one - making 3 players reundant is different to selling and getting them off the wage structure is 2 different things

Won't Hoilett be on a free, or rather on some kind of tribunal fee this summer?

He can cover many positions, he's young and promising. We do need some cover on the wings even if we sign Hazard in my opinion. Low cost, low risk. Try to sign him up if possible.

If we do sign Hoilett and Hazard (pure speculation), both players can cover both flanks and VdV's position as a forward/support striker. That leaves us with Bale, VdV, Hazard, Lennon and Hoilett for those positions as well as Kranjcar if he stays and of course the option of 442 with two out and out strikers. Seems like a good list of options to me, one we will need if we secure CL football.

living proof that he will LEAVE a CL participating club to go to a non-CL one too!

Bigger league, had won everything that could be won with Porto apart from CL and not the youngest anymore. Wanted to play in a bigger league, quite possibly for more money.

Originally Posted by nayimfromthehalfwayline
I would suggest we greatly better our bench, and allow for genuine squad rotation in attacking areas.
Take Wednesdays game, had be brough Hoilett in Jan I strongly suspect Bale would not have had to play 90 minutes against League 1 opposition. Lennon as well, he clearly isnt right, we could have had a more strategic approach to easing him if we had a capable winger as an alternative option.
You said the exact same thing when Nelsen and Saha arrived and to be honest I still cannot see it. Both are still 3rd choice for their respective spots and still nowhere near the quality needed for our first 11.

Our squad quality should be directly related to our objective and goals. And it that is to be competing in the CL on a regular basis and even push for the title -then we need to aim higher than that, imho. Much, much higher

Have we struggled for goals in the absence of VDV?
Have Saha and Defoe not been rotated - with both getting on the scoresheet?
With Dawsons injury, and the fact Gallas is only just fit for the bench - where would we be without Nelsen right now?

Saha and Nelsen > Pavlyuchenko and Bassong. More experience, more leadership - more able to help us win games.

You are arguing form the point of view that its either/or. YOU are the only one making it such, I have certainly not said as much.

I see no reason at all why we can get some headline transfers as well as some clever squad buys.

And I also firmly believe that this is a SQUAD game. No matter how good your first 11 is (and lets be honest, how often does any team ever get to play their best 11?) it is the strength of your squad that makes you successfull.

Those players that come in and contribute when the first choice is down can make or break a season. Options from the bench to make an impact can win games destined for draws and loses.

Taye Taiwo has expressed his happiness with life at QPR and is not paying much attention to reports linking him with a move to Tottenham.

Taiwo made the switch to Loftus Road on loan from AC Milan in January and has previously claimed that QPR are keen to make the arrangement permanent.

He has settled in well at his new club and is enjoying the opportunity to play more regularly, having fallen down the pecking order at the San Siro.

Reports have suggested that the 26-year-old would like to stay in England, and specifically London, and he has been connected with QPR's capital rivals Spurs.

Taiwo is flattered by such speculation but says interested suitors will have to speak to Milan to sort out a deal.

"I am liking life in London to be honest and I am playing week in, week out here and love that," the Nigeria international told Sky Sports.

"Being linked with Tottenham? If it is true it is fine, I have been linked with them before.

"I belong to Milan so if a club is interested they know what to do."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/7581589/Taiwo-shrugs-off-Spurs-link

First someone makes up some transfer gossip, then the player can say something, then the agent. Helps fill the paper several days. Brilliant.

Wil reply to that in detail later. On my phone now.

Quick one - making 3 players reundant is different to selling and getting them off the wage structure is 2 different things

Your worry was Hoiletts wages impacting on Hazzards was it not?

While the two situations are different they both have two outcomes in common.

- 2 squad places free.
- The wages of Hoilett in place of the wages of 3 players.

Problem solved.

Although I should point out, my use of the term 'redundant' was not intended as "let them go for free" but "they wouldnt be needed". In the scenario of Hoilett (or another) coming in and those leaving I would certainly expect us to try and make some money on outgoings.

Though thinking about it, I wouldnt be surprised if Bentley and Dos Santos were at the end of their contracts anyway and so leaving on a free regardless. Must check...

Won't Hoilett be on a free, or rather on some kind of tribunal fee this summer?

He can cover many positions, he's young and promising. We do need some cover on the wings even if we sign Hazard in my opinion. Low cost, low risk. Try to sign him up if possible.

If we do sign Hoilett and Hazard (pure speculation), both players can cover both flanks and VdV's position as a forward/support striker. That leaves us with Bale, VdV, Hazard, Lennon and Hoilett for those positions as well as Kranjcar if he stays and of course the option of 442 with two out and out strikers. Seems like a good list of options to me, one we will need if we secure CL football.

There would be a tribunal, it was reported that Bayern could get him for ?ú600k (being a none domestic side)

If they went crazy and doubled it for an English team I think it is still a total bargain.

Agree with you on his value

Fergie is at the game between Lyon and Lilles tonight. Just seen him on tv.

There are 22 players of high quality out there, it's a pretty low chance he's looking at buying yet another winger.

ButHazard wouldn't come to us anyway. Europa League doesn't interest many people. :(

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has accepted proposed wages of ?ú210,000 a week to move to Emirates Marketing Project, although a transfer fee has yet to be agreed between the two clubs. The deal would make the 28-year-old the Premier League's highest-earning player once City sell Carlos Tevez.

Full story: the Sunday Times (subscription required)

Edin Dzeko could make way for Van Persie at Emirates Marketing Project with Milan and Juventus considering offering the 25-year-old striker, signed from Wolfsburg for ?ú27m 14 months ago, a move to Italy.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

City will face competition for Higuain's signature from Chelsea with the Blues strikers Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba struggling against poor form and advancing years respectively.

Full story: Metro

Emirates Marketing Project are also set to launch a bid for Real Madrid's 24-year-old striker Gonzalo Higuain. Manager Roberto Mancini wants the ?ú35m-rated Argentinian as part of a new-look front line that also includes van Persie.

Full story: the People (print edition)

Arsenal are preparing a ?ú25m bid which, if successful, would make Borussia Dortmund's 19-year-old attacker Mario Gotze the most expensive signing in the club's history.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

Arsenal are also set to snatch Ajax's ?ú10m-rated centre-back Jan Vertonghen, 24, from under Tottenham's noses.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson attended Lille's match away to Lyon on Saturday evening, sparking suggestions that he is about to challenge Tottenham and Arsenal in the race for the visitors' 21-year-old attacker Eden Hazard.

Full story: 101 Great Goals

Bundesliga club Hannover are ready to offer Sunderland's on-loan Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner a chance to kickstart his career with a ?ú4m move to Germany this summer.

Liverpool are keeping an eye on Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jakub Blaszczykowski with a view to making a concrete offer for the Poland international in the summer.

Full story: Footy Latest
OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea's interim manager Roberto di Matteo has called in senior players to iron out any differences that may exist in the wake of Andre Villas-Boas's sacking.

Terry Connor's caretaker spell in charge of Wolves could be over after just three games with club owner Steve Morgan keen to install a younger man such as Crystal Palace's Dougie Freedman or Brighton's Gus Poyet.

Owen Coyle has vowed not to gamble on the fitness of South Korea international Chung-Yong Lee during Bolton's fight against Premier League relegation.

Full story: Bolton News

West Bromwich Albion boss Roy Hodgson has dropped the biggest hint yet that he wants to stay at the Hawthorns, amid speculation linking him with the vacant England role.

Full story: Express and Star

Manager Alan Pardew has challenged Saudi Sportswashing Machine to show their Champions League credentials by beating Arsenal on Monday.

Full story: Saudi Sportswashing Machine Chronicle
AND FINALLY

Jack Wheelchair has posted a video of his six-month-old son Archie on the internet, in which the youngster shows off some impressive ball skills.

Arsenal striker Gervinho could have been playing for, rather than against, Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Monday evening. The then Lille attacker started sending text messages during a contract meeting with the Magpies last summer, convincing club officials that the deal was a bad idea.

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has accepted proposed wages of ?ú210,000 a week to move to Emirates Marketing Project, although a transfer fee has yet to be agreed between the two clubs. The deal would make the 28-year-old the Premier League's highest-earning player once City sell Carlos Tevez.

Full story: the Sunday Times (subscription required)

Edin Dzeko could make way for Van Persie at Emirates Marketing Project with Milan and Juventus considering offering the 25-year-old striker, signed from Wolfsburg for ?ú27m 14 months ago, a move to Italy.

City will face competition for Higuain's signature from Chelsea with the Blues strikers Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba struggling against poor form and advancing years respectively.

Emirates Marketing Project are also set to launch a bid for Real Madrid's 24-year-old striker Gonzalo Higuain. Manager Roberto Mancini wants the ?ú35m-rated Argentinian as part of a new-look front line that also includes van Persie.

Arsenal are preparing a ?ú25m bid which, if successful, would make Borussia Dortmund's 19-year-old attacker Mario Gotze the most expensive signing in the club's history.

Arsenal are also set to snatch Ajax's ?ú10m-rated centre-back Jan Vertonghen, 24, from under Tottenham's noses.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson attended Lille's match away to Lyon on Saturday evening, sparking suggestions that he is about to challenge Tottenham and Arsenal in the race for the visitors' 21-year-old attacker Eden Hazard.

Full story: 101 Great Goals

Bundesliga club Hannover are ready to offer Sunderland's on-loan Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner a chance to kickstart his career with a ?ú4m move to Germany this summer.

Liverpool are keeping an eye on Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jakub Blaszczykowski with a view to making a concrete offer for the Poland international in the summer.

Full story: Footy Latest
OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea's interim manager Roberto di Matteo has called in senior players to iron out any differences that may exist in the wake of Andre Villas-Boas's sacking.

Terry Connor's caretaker spell in charge of Wolves could be over after just three games with club owner Steve Morgan keen to install a younger man such as Crystal Palace's Dougie Freedman or Brighton's Gus Poyet.

Owen Coyle has vowed not to gamble on the fitness of South Korea international Chung-Yong Lee during Bolton's fight against Premier League relegation.

Full story: Bolton News

West Bromwich Albion boss Roy Hodgson has dropped the biggest hint yet that he wants to stay at the Hawthorns, amid speculation linking him with the vacant England role.

Full story: Express and Star

Manager Alan Pardew has challenged Saudi Sportswashing Machine to show their Champions League credentials by beating Arsenal on Monday.

Full story: Saudi Sportswashing Machine Chronicle
AND FINALLY

Jack Wheelchair has posted a video of his six-month-old son Archie on the internet, in which the youngster shows off some impressive ball skills.

Arsenal striker Gervinho could have been playing for, rather than against, Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Monday evening. The then Lille attacker started sending text messages during a contract meeting with the Magpies last summer, convincing club officials that the deal was a bad idea.

Jesus tonight.

How many strikers do City want. They could have a pool of Aguero,Balotelli,Van Persie and Higuain. It's like CM in cheat mode,it really is.

Serious fears we are going to get outbid for Hazard and Vertonghen

Back