• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

so he's brick then?

Seems inconsistent to me. Some games he's devastating, others anonymous.

Not sure he'd be a guarenteed started ahead of Lennon - he certainly doesn't work as hard defensively, but his ability to provide back-up for a number of positions would be valuable (like what we hoped Pienaar would be but who can also play as a forward).

So defo no hazard then? Gutterboy was
It not you bugging him up a while
Ago? How many time you seen him play? Bearing in mind Sandro is yet to play centre back?

So defo no hazard then? Gutterboy was
It not you bugging him up a while
Ago? How many time you seen him play? Bearing in mind Sandro is yet to play centre back?

I like Remy. I just wouldn't want to overpay for him. He'd be a solid signing, not a spectular one. He's UEFA cup whilst Hazard is CL (though Remy being right sided and Hazard being left sided in some ways makes Remy the better fit for us as Lennon needs competition more than Bale).

Seen quite a bit of Remy actually as he's been in the France side for a couple of years now and he's been playing for OM in the CL.

Willing to help us with the cash, Tony? Don't see how we could otherwise.;)
we have some "savings" from past transfer windows, plus if you consider at the moment we only are paying for one regular striker, Defoe. adebayour, saha on wages but no transfer monies there. and we'd probably be getting rid of corluka, pienaar, bentley, gomes and GDS soon (not that I'd agree with some there).

we have the other Kyle coming back for a CB position, and Friedel could last another season. not sure what ade is on, but he is probably on pretty high wages too.

time we stop farting around with half past six players. about time we made some real investments in our player squad.

Yes please. There are 3 players we should sign from Germany Adler, cb from Dortmond err the. Odd man out?? , & the winger from M'glabach

no chance with Hummels or Subotic though.. Probably no chance with Adler neither.

Santana was the player I was thinking of. A Brazilian that is the odd man out. Could develop a nice back bone with Sandro in front of him. I'd take H or S in a heartbeat over any striker but they will not leave Dortmond and why should they. They'll be in the final 8 for the CL next year for sure.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Robin van Persie's wife has indicated the Arsenal talisman will reject any potential summer move away from the Gunners. Bouchra van Persie insists the family are happy with life in London - suggesting the Dutch striker will stay at the Emirates.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Lille are preparing themselves for a ?ú35m bid from Emirates Marketing Project for Eden Hazard. The 21-year-old playmaker has indicated he is leaving the French side by saying on Twitter: "Two games more to play in the colours of Lille."

Full story: the Sun on Sunday

Real Madrid are prepared to pay ?ú15m for Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic - the Blues will sell but value the 27-year-old at ?ú20m.

Chelsea also face losing Brazilian defender David Luiz. The 25-year-old is interested in an approach from Barcelona and should the Spaniards table a bid, Luiz is likely to urge his club to accept it.

Full story: Sunday Times (subscription required)

Premier League new boys Reading are aiming to beat a host of clubs to Blackburn forward Junior Hoilett, 21, by making a ?ú5m bid for the Canadian.

Full story: talkSPORT

Manchester United are considering a ?ú10m bid for Fulham's attacking midfielder Mousa Dembele, 24.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was in Berlin on Saturday night to watch Japanese striker Shinji Kagawa score one goal and set another up as Borussia Dortmund beat Bayern Munich 5-2 in the German Cup final. Kagawa, 23, is also being tracked by Arsenal and Chelsea.

AZ Alkmaar midfielder Adam Maher, who was voted Holland's young player of the year, would be open to a move away from the club. Emirates Marketing Project, AC Milan and Barcelona are reportedly interested in the 18-year-old.

Full story: Insidefutbol.com

Chelsea and Liverpool have been told to forget about trying to sign Partizan Belgrade's 18-year-old attacking midfielder Lazar Markovic during the summer transfer window.

Full story: Metro
OTHER GOSSIP

Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini has been reminded by his coaching staff this week about his promise to have the club's crest tattooed on his leg if the Blues win the Premier League title.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Mancini wants to repeat his Inter Milan success by winning seven trophies in four years at City.

Norwich City striker Grant Holt thinks he has done enough this season to earn himself a place in England's Euro 2012 squad.

Full story: talkSPORT
Ferdinand joined Manchester United for ?ú30m in 2002

Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has opened talks over a new contract - but has been asked to take a ?ú50,000-a-week pay cut by the Old Trafford club.

Full story: Goal.com

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has admitted the club have been spending beyond their means as they go into a relegation decider at Stoke.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

New England manager Roy Hodgson has given the seal of approval to Wolves's appointment of Stale Solbakken as their new boss. Hodgson managed former Norway international Solbakken when he was a player at Danish side FC Copenhagen.

Full story: Express and Star

Former Blackburn caretaker boss Tony Parkes says ex-chairman Jack Walker, who was at the helm when Rovers won the Premier League title in 1995, would be "turning in his grave" at the club's current plight.

Full story: Lancashire Telegraph

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish faces crunch talks about his future with chairman Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner as the pair start their summer inquest into a season of struggle.

Full story: Birmingham Mail
AND FINALLY

Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, fresh from scoring two goals in Wednesday's Europa League final, has gone face-to-face with Carla - a 250kg Bengali tiger - on the Spanish side's pitch.

Full story: 101 Great Goals

Shakhtar Donetsk manager Mircea Lucescu was left an unhappy man after his side clinched the Ukrainian league title - because his celebrating players soaked him with water.

Full story: Metro

What is the problem? Upgrading on Lennon and Bale?

Would rather we bought 2 forwards and a CB first.

Lots of people talk about upgrading Lennon yet I think we have looked at our most dangerous when we have had him on the pitch this season. I think Remy would be a useful signing as he can play up top on his own, as part of a 2 or as one of the wide players in a 4-3-3. I don't see him as a Lennon replacement though.

we have some "savings" from past transfer windows, plus if you consider at the moment we only are paying for one regular striker, Defoe. adebayour, saha on wages but no transfer monies there. and we'd probably be getting rid of corluka, pienaar, bentley, gomes and GDS soon (not that I'd agree with some there).

we have the other Kyle coming back for a CB position, and Friedel could last another season. not sure what ade is on, but he is probably on pretty high wages too.

time we stop farting around with half past six players. about time we made some real investments in our player squad.

Most of that 'savings' money's gone into the stadium fund, I think. It was naive to assume that Levy could actually carry out the stadium build without impacting on his transfer funding, like he said he'd do, anyway. After all, we're getting no funding from Joe Lewis, so where would the extra money come from, if not through our transfer and wage budgets?

So I think half past six players are about the limit of what we're going to be getting, unfortunately. Still, there's some good 'uns there. Now, Stormtrooper #98774, back to your post.;)

Remy would play in Lennon's position.

He can play as a #9 in an emergency, but he's fundamentally a right forward.

Think Sturridge, Gervinho etc.

What have you been watching?

Mate, i live in france, watch Marseille every week. Remy gets a 3 every time hes played on a wing in a 451.

Have you ever seen him cross the ball?

Remy is a number 9, a typical number 9. I dont know what you've been watching.

Remy is like Henry before he came to England right? Henry used to occassionally play out wide and be average. Similarly physique and attributes as well from what I can tell

What have you been watching?

Mate, i live in france, watch Marseille every week. Remy gets a 3 every time hes played on a wing in a 451.

Have you ever seen him cross the ball?

Remy is a number 9, a typical number 9. I dont know what you've been watching.

GB has a habit of describing foreign based players totally wrong tbf.

Back