• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

if we want to upgrade Lennon, Patrick Herrmann at M?Ânchengladbach is a name that not many have come across but they guy is very talented. Young as well so Levy would be happy.

if we want to upgrade Lennon, Patrick Herrmann at M?Ânchengladbach is a name that not many have come across but they guy is very talented. Young as well so Levy would be happy.

We have many more pressing concerns that trying to upgrade Lennon! What we do need is a 3rd winger so that Lennon/Bale/Newbie can rotate like Valencia/Nani/Young do for Utd

Right guys...a bit of action... According to French sites, Loic Remy will be in London visiting our facilities on Tuesday. He is Redknapps number one target.

I will translate what i can in a minute.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/marseille/tottenham-accelere-pour-loic-remy-847437.shtml

Selon une source anglaise, Lo?»c R?®my doit se rendre mardi en Angleterre avant de visiter les installations des Spurs. Il pourrait ?¬tre accompagn?® par Jos?® Anigo, le directeur sportif du club du pr?®sident Vincent Labrune. Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project et Arsenal pensent ?®galement ?á l’ex-Ni?ºois. Mais Tottenham dispose d?®sormais d’une bonne longueur d’avance. A moins que les ench?¿res ne montent… ?ça a d?®j?á ?®t?® le cas avec le Lillois Eden Hazard qui est aujourd'hui en contact tr?¿s avanc?® avec les Citizens.

According to an English source, Loic Remy will travel to England Tuesday before visiting Spurs facilities. He could be accompanied by Jose Anigo, the sporting director and President Vincent Labrune. Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal are also thinking about the ex-Nice player. Tottenham are in the lead for his signature, Unless the auction does go up ... It has been the case with Lille's Eden Hazard who is now in advanced contacts with the Citizens.

Right guys...a bit of action... According to French sites, Loic Remy will be in London visiting our facilities on Tuesday. He is Redknapps number one target.

I will translate what i can in a minute.

on the massive assumption that we do sign him, can someone let me know how he'd fit in as I havent sign him a million times. What I mean is, he's not a like for like for Adeabyor (is he?) but he's 6 foot, a goalscorer and from what I understand can play as a main CF, out side or off a target man. Is that right?

Would still seem to be that we'd want a target man as well

Its on various websites

http://www.franceinfo.fr/football/tottenham-accelere-pour-loic-remy-612923-2012-05-12

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/marseille/loic-remy-en-visite-la-semaine-prochaine-a-tottenham,88573

Lo?»c R?®my a confi?® ces derniers jours qu’il n’?®tait pas plus tent?® que cela par un d?®part de l’Olympique de Marseille lors du mercato estival. Cependant, l’attaquant de l’OM est bien conscient que ses dirigeants ont des imp?®ratifs ?®conomiques qui ne sont pas forc?®ment les siens. Dans cette optique, Tottenham est revenu ?á la charge aupr?¿s des responsables phoc?®ens afin d’?®tudier la possible venue de R?®my cet ?®t?®. Selon Football365, le buteur, li?® avec l’OM jusqu’en 2015, doit faire le voyage jusqu’?á Londres la semaine prochaine afin de rencontrer les dirigeants des Spurs et visiter les installations du club anglais. Jos?® Anigo et Vincent Labrune pourraient m?¬me faire ce d?®placement afin d’avancer plus rapidement dans ce dossier, qui pourrait permettre ?á l’Olympique de Marseille d’empocher pr?¿s de 20ME. De quoi ?®videmment faire r?®fl?®chir, puisque l’OM avait pay?® 15ME pour le faire venir de Nice en 2010

Loic Remy told in recent days that he was not looking to leave Olympique de Marseille during the summer transfer window. However, the OM attacker is well aware that its leaders have economic imperatives that are not necessarily his. With this in mind, Tottenham returned to the Marseille board to study the possible arrival of Remy this summer. The goalscorer, linked with OM until 2015, should make the trip to London next week to meet with leaders of the Spurs visit the facilities and the English club. Jose Anigo and Vincent Labrune could even make the trip in order to advance more quickly in this matter, which could allow Olympique Marseille to pocket near 20 m Euro. What do think obviously, since OM 15ME had paid for him to come to Nice in 2010

Last edited:
on the massive assumption that we do sign him, can someone let me know how he'd fit in as I havent sign him a million times. What I mean is, he's not a like for like for Adeabyor (is he?) but he's 6 foot, a goalscorer and from what I understand can play as a main CF, out side or off a target man. Is that right?

He is tall, good control, clever player, good finisher, can hold the ball up.

He is useless when he plays on the wing in a 451, he has to play up front.

Amusing that Marseille officials think that coming to London next week could move negotiations along...they dont know Levy!

Am not expecting any signings, Remy, Vertonghan or others, until August

He is tall, good control, clever player, good finisher, can hold the ball up.

He is useless when he plays on the wing in a 451, he has to play up front.

Ta. Presumably then it'd be him and VdV up top? ( potentially with the two of them and an Adebayor-type rotating?)

Ta. Presumably then it'd be him and VdV up top? ( potentially with the two of them and an Adebayor-type rotating?)

To be fair, he is a bit Adebayor and defoe put together. Defoe is probably a better finisher, and Adebayor holds the ball better but Remy is more complete than the two of them.

It would make sence to start him up front in a 451, When adebayor plays, we lack a bit of finishing, when defoe plays in a 451, we have no one to hold the ball up. Remy could do a bit of both.

With his physical qualities, there is no doubt he would explode in the premierleague, he turned 25 earlier this year. At that age, Drogba was just arriving at Marseille and no one had heard of him.

The Marseille Chairman, Vincent Labrune said In January that no other chairman would have rejected an offer like the one tottenham made for Remy. 20m euro + Pavlyuchenko

Thats a good source: La Provence, the main paper around Marseille. http://www.laprovence.com/article/om-a-la-une/mercato-tottenham-ne-lache-pas-remy

Harry Redknapp, He keeps Remy in high esteem. The manager of Tottenham's interest continues unabated. Present in the stands at the Velodrome at Marseille-Lille (2-0), he had tried to enlist in January. A meeting between the two clubs was held Thursday, Jan. 4, in Paris, forty-eight in the 32nd of France Cup against Red Star.

The agreement was close on the following basis: Remy was sold to Spurs for around € 24 million but remained in Provence until the end of the season, OM were also getting the Russian Roman Pavlyuchenko. The strongman of the London club, Daniel Levy, has thought before changing his mind at the last moment fearing that his squad was too short, while the title was still accessible.

The summer transfer window fast approaching, Tottenham is looking for an extra attacker. Approach was recently conducted among the entourage of Olivier Giroud. But the case of Montpellier has not been followed for a simple reason: Redknapp remains a strong supporter of Loic Remy. The contact has been renewed in concrete with a stated goal: to settle the matter soon, possibly before upcoming European Nations. Such a perspective would enable the Olympian to take part in the Euro liberated.

From English sources, Tottenham, which has maintained excellent relations with leaders Marseille, will open the offensive as soon as the championship ends. Will all this make Charm Loic Remy and make him change his mind?

Last edited:
Interesting. Would be lovely to wrap up 3rd, Vertonghen and Remy by the end of next week!

...but this is Tottenham.

Edit: I wonder if our new training ground will have an impact with this sort of thing...

I dont think we will sign just one striker - it will be two strikers.

I think Ade will come in plus one other whether it is Remy or not I aint got a clue.

Interesting. Would be lovely to wrap up 3rd, Vertonghen and Remy by the end of next week!

...but this is Tottenham.

Edit: I wonder if our new training ground will have an impact with this sort of thing...

Isn't our new training ground meant to be one of the best in the world?

Its on various websites

http://www.franceinfo.fr/football/tottenham-accelere-pour-loic-remy-612923-2012-05-12

http://www.foot01.com/equipe/marseille/loic-remy-en-visite-la-semaine-prochaine-a-tottenham,88573

Lo?»c R?®my a confi?® ces derniers jours qu’il n’?®tait pas plus tent?® que cela par un d?®part de l’Olympique de Marseille lors du mercato estival. Cependant, l’attaquant de l’OM est bien conscient que ses dirigeants ont des imp?®ratifs ?®conomiques qui ne sont pas forc?®ment les siens. Dans cette optique, Tottenham est revenu ?á la charge aupr?¿s des responsables phoc?®ens afin d’?®tudier la possible venue de R?®my cet ?®t?®. Selon Football365, le buteur, li?® avec l’OM jusqu’en 2015, doit faire le voyage jusqu’?á Londres la semaine prochaine afin de rencontrer les dirigeants des Spurs et visiter les installations du club anglais. Jos?® Anigo et Vincent Labrune pourraient m?¬me faire ce d?®placement afin d’avancer plus rapidement dans ce dossier, qui pourrait permettre ?á l’Olympique de Marseille d’empocher pr?¿s de 20ME. De quoi ?®videmment faire r?®fl?®chir, puisque l’OM avait pay?® 15ME pour le faire venir de Nice en 2010

Loic Remy told in recent days that he was not looking to leave Olympique de Marseille during the summer transfer window. However, the OM attacker is well aware that its leaders have economic imperatives that are not necessarily his. With this in mind, Tottenham returned to the Marseille board to study the possible arrival of Remy this summer. The goalscorer, linked with OM until 2015, should make the trip to London next week to meet with leaders of the Spurs visit the facilities and the English club. Jose Anigo and Vincent Labrune could even make the trip in order to advance more quickly in this matter, which could allow Olympique Marseille to pocket near 20 m Euro. What do think obviously, since OM 15ME had paid for him to come to Nice in 2010

SmileySuicide.gif

Remy would play in Lennon's position.

He can play as a #9 in an emergency, but he's fundamentally a right forward.

Think Sturridge, Gervinho etc.

Back