• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Prediction Competition

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
The window is open, but we still have a lot of time to kill before things start to happen, so who will we buy and who will we sell?

Three ins and three outs, put the ones you think are most likely to happen. Bentley and Gallas are out of contract, so won't count.

IN

1. Damiao
2. Dragovic
3. McCarthy

OUT

1. Livermore
2. BAE
3. Dawson

I have no idea who we're looking at outside the usual strikers.

IN:

1. Roberto Soldado
2. Sergi Roberto
3. Ante Rebic

OUT:

1. Jake Livermore
2. Benoit Assou-Ekotto
3. Bongani Khumalo

IN:

1. Roberto Soldado
2. Sergi Roberto
3. Ante Rebic

I nearly agree, but just have a feeling Levy will tip it towards Leandro over Soldado because their respective ages.

Roberto is the only 'cheap Moutinho fall-back' we've been linked with so far. I would prefer Clasie, but he signed a new contract last week.

So mine:

IN:

1. Leandro
2. Roberto
3. Rebic

OUT:

1. Defoe
2. Huddlestone
3. Khumalo

I just wanted to be different to those above who put Leandro. I originally had Osvaldo down but the talks seem to have died down and we've been linked with Soldado recently. I've seen us linked with Sergi Roberto and it sort of goes with the AVB being in Barcelona chat that was going round. I couldn't even think of one for a third but then realised we had been linked with Rebic so I threw him in.

IN:

1. David Villa
2. Miralem Pjanić
3. Toby Alderweireld

OUT:

1. Heurelho Gomes
2. Jake Livermore
3. Younes Kaboul

I just wanted to be different to those above who put Leandro. I originally had Osvaldo down but the talks seem to have died down and we've been linked with Soldado recently. I've seen us linked with Sergi Roberto and it sort of goes with the AVB being in Barcelona chat that was going round. I couldn't even think of one for a third but then realised we had been linked with Rebic so I threw him in.

I think AVB wants a forward like Leandro or Soldado, and I don't think Osvaldo is like that - he's a bit more creative/less direct.

Rebic makes sense to me because he's a wide left forward who looks like having the potential to grow into a #9, so would kill two birds in terms of a genuine inside forward + a 3rd choice CF.

The window is open, but we still have a lot of time to kill before things start to happen, so who will we buy and who will we sell?

Three ins and three outs, put the ones you think are most likely to happen. Bentley and Gallas are out of contract, so won't count.

IN

1. Damiao
2. Dragovic
3. McCarthy

OUT

1. Livermore
2. BAE
3. Dawson

I have no idea who we're looking at outside the usual strikers.

Maybe Gomes and Khumalo should also be excluded. Should be only players regularly playing or on bench.

IN

Edit: No idea really

1. Leandro
2. Son
3. Shaw

OUT

1. Parker
2. BAE
3. Defoe

Naughton, Rose and Townsend of the fringe players leaving would not surprise me.

I would not be shocked if 2 out of Huddlestone, Dawson and Kaboul left either.

Last edited:
IN:

Roberto Soldado - 10-15 million quid
Hernanes - 10 - 15 million quid
Tom Ince - 7 - 12 million quid

Out:

BAE - 5 to 7 million quid
Hudd - 5 to 8 million quid
Khumalo - 1 to 2 million quid

Possible other ins include McCarthy and Alvaro Pereira, while possible outs include Ade, Rose and Livermore.

Like onlyme I won't include Gomes and Khumalo. I think I normally get these things horribly wrong.

In:
Villa, Clasie, Ince

Out:
Livermore, BAE, Huddlestone

This isn't what I want but the sort of window which I expect to happen: (and apologies if it reads pessimistically!)

I don't think we'll get Damiao as I cant see him leaving Brazil the year before the world cup in his home country and for a team which isn't in the CL. He wouldn't risk the lower profile harming his chances of getting in the squad and I understand that he's not exactly a dead cert at the moment.

I also don't expect us to get Villa - I cant see him leaving the CL favourites from last year for a non-CL team, especially as this will be his last move. He'll get better offers, probably including one from that mob down the road.

I also don't expect us to spend £20m - £25m on a player, partly because we've never done so before (though the TV money could change that in time) but also because there's now so many teams with cash burning a hole in their pocket who can blow us out of the water re wages. And that number of team's with sugar-daddies is increasing every year - look at PSG and Monaco...2 years ago there's weren't close to spending big money. So now you have Real, Barca, Man C, Man U, Cheatski, Bayern, PSG, Monaco, Anzhi who are in a different league financially to us - probably two leagues financially above us! Then you have arse, Athletico, the 4 of 5 big Italian teams, Porto are awash with cash, same with Dortmund....several teams who are certainly no poorer than us - its so tough now to get decent players and even if we can pay the money, one of these teams could match us and offer the player CL football!

I therefore expect us to get in one £15m - £18m bracket player, like Benteke, and then a couple slightly cheaper players in the say £7m - £12m bracket.

IN
Benteke, Remy, Pjanic

OUT
Adebayor, Gomes, Thudd

Back