• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Prediction Competition

In:
1. David Villa
2. Jackson Martinez
3. Nemanja Matić

Out:
1. Huddlestone
2. Livermore
3. Parker

In:

Damiao
Creative Midfield Player (who can also play on the wing).

Out:

Defoe, Daws, BAE, Parker - if there are decent offers. DL will want to realise their value now if good offers are made

I would keep Ade, probably Parker too unless someone puts more than £3m on the table. I hope we can get a highly skill midfielder. With Bale, Dempsey, Ade and another we're not really low on strikers so I'm more concerned by who we get in who can get the team ticking from midfield.

IN
Atsu (pacey, 21, one year remaining on contract)
and/or
Ince (see Atsu)

Villa (fee somewhere close to 9m - a Levy special)
Sergi Roberto

OUT
Bentley (he's awful)
Adebayor (see Bentley)
Gallas (he's past it)
Assou-Ekotto (Monaco)
Bale (for around 67m, to Madrid)
Livermore (just not good enough)
Hundredstone (weighs too much)
Gomes (will look to get more game time to see out remainder of career)

Last edited:
IN
Atsu (pacey, 21, one year remaining on contract)
and/or
Ince (see Atsu)

Villa (fee somewhere close to 9m - a Levy special)
Sergi Roberto

OUT
Bentley (he's awful)
Adebayor (see Bentley)
Gallas (he's past it)
Assou-Ekotto (Monaco)
Bale (for around 67m, to Madrid)
Livermore (just not good enough)
Hundredstone (weighs too much)
Gomes (will look to get more game time to see out remainder of career)
Hundredstone-quite clever, that

With the WC in Brazil coming up Gomes would probably be thinking of that rather than his pay cheque so it is sod's law (maybe that needs changing to Spurs law) that he is injured.

IN

33crmkp.png
jfhsf7.png
160o460.png

OUT

Adebayor
BAE
Parker
Defoe

(Wishful thinking rather than predictions, if I'm honest)

OUT
=========
* Bentley (can't see a future for him at Spurs. Shame it turned out so badly, but maybe he'll fare better elsewhere)
* Gomes (won't displace Lloris, but he clearly still thinks he can be in the national squad when the World Cup is in Brazil, so will want 1st team football somewhere)
* Khumalo (see: Bentley, but without the financial disaster aspects)
* Defoe (wouldn't mind him as 3rd choice, but doubt he'd want it)
* Adebayor (we can't risk another disappointing season with him if we're to challenge. Love him at his best, but will he ever show it again in a Spurs shirt?)
* Parker (would love to keep him as a back-up squad player, but doubt he wants to warm the bench for what might be his last year of top-flight football)
* Gallas (don't think he has another season as a top-four player in him. And we only really want top-four players. Wouldn't even rely on him for back-up given his injury troubles)
* Livermore (needs first team football, and I don't think he'll get that under AVB)

IN
=========
Villa
Damiao

Plus:
* new youngster, back-up goalkeeper
* midfield playmaker
* new youngster, back-up striker
* centre back
(no idea who they might be though)

IN: Belhanda
Hulk
Aubameyang
Shaw
Mangala

UT: Gallas
Khumalo
Hudd
Livermore
Dawson
Gomes
Bentley
Ade or Defoe

(Wishful thinking rather than predictions, if I'm honest)

OUT
=========
* Bentley (can't see a future for him at Spurs. Shame it turned out so badly, but maybe he'll fare better elsewhere)
* Gomes (won't displace Lloris, but he clearly still thinks he can be in the national squad when the World Cup is in Brazil, so will want 1st team football somewhere)
* Khumalo (see: Bentley, but without the financial disaster aspects)
* Defoe (wouldn't mind him as 3rd choice, but doubt he'd want it)
* Adebayor (we can't risk another disappointing season with him if we're to challenge. Love him at his best, but will he ever show it again in a Spurs shirt?)
* Parker (would love to keep him as a back-up squad player, but doubt he wants to warm the bench for what might be his last year of top-flight football)
* Gallas (don't think he has another season as a top-four player in him. And we only really want top-four players. Wouldn't even rely on him for back-up given his injury troubles)
* Livermore (needs first team football, and I don't think he'll get that under AVB)

IN
=========
Villa
Damiao

Plus:
* new youngster, back-up goalkeeper
* midfield playmaker
* new youngster, back-up striker
* centre back
(no idea who they might be though)

That list is close to my thinking though a loan for Livermore might be the more prudent option. A year of PL football under his belt as 1st choice CM (at Palace?) would tell us a lot about how he will develop. I think Carroll would also benefit greatly from a loan move. That's a lot of midfielders leaving so I'm thinking two new midfielders might be required to fill out the squad. One with some defensive nous as well as some attacking ability (Cabaye?) and one to knit our midfield and attack(Pjanic say).

I'd hold on the CB front until we see how Kaboul looks when back in full training.

I'd hold on the CB front until we see how Kaboul looks when back in full training.
Even if Kaboul charges back to form and fitness, we still need to bring in a new CB to replace Gallas. If we're to seriously challenge on more than one front (and I suspect that's how AVB is seeing things) then I can't see him being happy with Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker as our only four centre-backs. Maybe he will be, but taking into account planning for potential injuries, I can see him bringing in a half-decent CB this summer (possibly someone like Gallas when he first came to us - good, older, experienced player on a free - or at least cheap - who won't mind playing more in Europe and the cups than he does in the league).

Even if Kaboul charges back to form and fitness, we still need to bring in a new CB to replace Gallas. If we're to seriously challenge on more than one front (and I suspect that's how AVB is seeing things) then I can't see him being happy with Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker as our only four centre-backs. Maybe he will be, but taking into account planning for potential injuries, I can see him bringing in a half-decent CB this summer (possibly someone like Gallas when he first came to us - good, older, experienced player on a free - or at least cheap - who won't mind playing more in Europe and the cups than he does in the league).

Why do we need to bring someone in to replace Gallas? Kaboul would be the defender to replace Gallas.

Gallas played last season, Kaboul didn't.

As for AVB wanting five CB's to challenge, he's already come out and stated that he wants to start the next season with four as five is too many.

Yeah you could be right. I think last season (11/12) we had 3 CB's crocked at the one time. I know AVB had previously said that 4 CB's is enough but there is certainly room for 5 senior CB's in a 25 man squad.

Aside, is Caulker counted in the 25 man squad now?

Back