• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Prediction Competition

Why do we need to bring someone in to replace Gallas? Kaboul would be the defender to replace Gallas.

Gallas played last season, Kaboul didn't.

As for AVB wanting five CB's to challenge, he's already come out and stated that he wants to start the next season with four as five is too many.

You might well be right. I just felt we were caught short a bit at CB last year with Kaboul's injury. Gallas wasn't the best cover as he had injury troubles of his own, and yet he nonetheless played 24 matches for us last season (scoring once). Would Caulker, Dawson and Vertonghen have been capable of another 24 games between them without picking up an injury themselves?

Maybe. Maybe not. Or are we just going to assume that none of our CBs get injured next season? That's too big a risk in my book.

AVB may well feel differently, but I'd be more comfortable replacing Gallas than not.

Sergi Roberto and Ante Rebic are two of my three :ross:

To be fair, Rebic looked exceptional at the U20s WC and might still be a clever bit of business (as an effective replacement for Dempsey).

As for Roberto - he seemed an obvious Moutinho substitute; we just didn't know AVB had changed plans and had decided on the CM wall of steel approach.

Two players signed that nobody predicted. I notice I'm the only one who's said McCarthy, if he's next I win!!!

My predictions are:

Paulinho
Chadli

I may add to this list as and when I see fit. What is the winners prize?

Back