• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

The dier sanchez and tanganga rumours suggest we might need a cb. Or 2.

Tomorrow might be busy. (Or not).
I think we're settled on our squad. Sanchez is 3rd CB. Davies 4th.
As always, if random options come up today/tomorrow, we can react. But I don't expect any rushed/panic buys.

The energy needed to move on the fringe players is more important:
PEH
Dier
Tanganga
Lloris
Ndombele
Sessegnon
Spence
Devine (?)

7/8 players is a huge amount to deal with in two days.

As always, if random options come up today/tomorrow, we can react. But I don't expect any rushed/panic buys.

PEH
Dier
Tanganga
Lloris
Ndombele
Sessegnon
Spence
Devine (?)

Devine and Spence have already left on loan to Port Vale and Leeds. Confirmed on Os.

Think this will come back to bite us, we need a striker even if it's only a back up player for the season to play some games. Too many wing forward style players for me.
Seems quite a common issue for the game in general nowadays I think. There seems to be a real lack of proper number 9s, but a lot that can play up front or wide. Shame really

PEH
Dier
Tanganga
Lloris
Ndombele
Sessegnon
Spence
Devine (?)

Other than the fact that Davies and Sanchez are a big drop off on quality for the key position of CB, this will mean our transfer budget and plan was to not buy anyone as Kane and Winks sales have funded Maddison VdV, Vicario and Veliz. I can understand the wages situation needs to be resolved with so many players we would consider surplus to requirements but I'm still ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ hoping this to be resolved in some shape or form to allow us to invest at least some of the Kane money on a CB and another attacking player.

Other than the fact that Davies and Sanchez are a big drop off on quality for the key position of CB, this will mean our transfer budget and plan was to not buy anyone as Kane and Winks sales have funded Maddison VdV, Vicario and Veliz. I can understand the wages situation needs to be resolved with so many players we would consider surplus to requirements but I'm still ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ hoping this to be resolved in some shape or form to allow us to invest at least some of the Kane money on a CB and another attacking player.

Porro and Kulu fees were also due this summer.

Porro and Kulu fees were also due this summer.
The Porro fee is/was due BUT we kicked the can down the road at Sportings request, that would suggest we were prepared to pay it in January. When we didn't need to, that allocated fund stayed in the coffers.

Unless we then bought some other players in Jan?...I can't honestly remember. :).

The Porro fee is/was due BUT we kicked the can down the road at Sportings request, that would suggest we were prepared to pay it in January. When we didn't need to, that allocated fund stayed in the coffers.

Unless we then bought some other players in Jan?...I can't honestly remember. :).

Transfer fees are not paid in a lump sum.

Some rumours we're in for Gallagher, would be odd to sell PEH and sign him. I know he'd be hg but would probably cost more than we'd get for PEH and he's never looked anything special to me.

I don't see that as a logical conclusion - no point spending for the sake of it.
This is a huge rebuild. You can't just throw players at it. If the right player becomes available, great. But there is a lot to be said for a bit of stability too to let Ange get his ideas embedded and assess the squad fully.
Both Sanchez and Davies have skills that he will consider useful as back up players.
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he gets good performances out of Sanchez. They are both good back up level. To get a back up en par with Romero and VdV would be exceptional! Even moreso without European football.

With Scarlett now gone, I'd expect one more attacker to come in, in some form. CB will be next summer (or Jan if things aren't working) now if needed.

Damn thing is going slow now at the Club…
This is the thing that tinkles my balles most, 95% see and know what we need to do before the window closed and it will not happen.

Back