• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

I called him out as a sensible signing a fair while ago. Would suit Ange's tactics in many ways and the fact he is association trained is also valuable
He's gone under my radar I must admit. Always sounds like a steady player, but couldn't tell you anything more.
What do you see in him? Compared to what we have.

So what are we looking at for deadline day then?

Good day:
Buy - Johnson, Kelly
Sell - Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Sanchez, Dier, Lloris

Bad day:
Loan - Ndombele
Release - Lloris

Good day:
Buy - Johnson, Kelly

Bad day:
Loan - Ndombele
Release - Lloris

Gallagher aswell. Would like another cb and a cf aswell. But very unlikely.

Surely it would be Johnson or Gallagher, as they are pretty similar (Johnson having more end product)?

Gallagher would be replacing hojbjerg. Can be competition for maddison, bissouma and sarr. Johnson can be competition maddison, kulu, son maybe even richie.

Gallagher would be replacing hojbjerg. Can be competition for maddison, bissouma and sarr. Johnson can be competition maddison, kulu, son maybe even richie.

I'm not really sure where Gallagher would play in our system. He's kind of like Holtby to Maddison's Erisken. He's an ACM, but whose main standout quality is his pressing. That's why I think RWF might be his most natural fit. The Lamela role of coming on for the last 20 and harrying defenders.

Kelly, Gallagher and Johnson would be 3 nice additions, all homegrown too. I think the focus will be Johnson, and then in addition:

Minimum:
- Dier, Lloris gone permanently
- Ndombele loan (take what you can get)
- Tanganga loan

Bonus:
- Hjobjerg out, Gallagher in
- Sanchez out, Kelly in

Last edited:

Good day:
Buy - Johnson, Kelly

Bad day:
Loan - Ndombele
Release - Lloris

I think your good day option would be fantastic day, to sell 5 players and buy 2 looks an impossible task to me.

I think your good day option would be fantastic day, to sell 5 players and buy 2 looks an impossible task to me.
Could be some part exchanges though - Johnson and Sanchez, Kelly and Dier, or Hojbjerg and Adarabioyo

Also, if we loan any of Lloris, Dier or Sanchez its the same as a sale as they are in the last year of their contracts

Could be some part exchanges though - Johnson and Sanchez, Kelly and Dier, or Hojbjerg and Adarabioyo

Also, if we loan any of Lloris, Dier or Sanchez its the same as a sale as they are in the last year of their contracts

Still meaning 15 parties to reach agreement in 12-15 hours, half would be a very good day if it included 2 coming in, still looks impossible to me. I realise there may have been some initial contact but unless people are desperate to do a deal it's hard.

Wouldn't Cucurella on loan be a better option than Lloyd Kelly as cover for VDV/ Udodgie?
He has some attributes that would suit an Ange team and we desperately need cover at LCB.( Davies doesn't cut it there at all).
Plus Cuti gets to pull his hair everyday in training.

Something has to happen as we're still 4 OS players over the limit, so 4 of Lloris/Dier/Sanchez/Hojbjerg/Ndombele arent making the squad if they dont go today

Wouldn't Cucurella on loan be a better option than Lloyd Kelly as cover for VDV/ Udodgie?
He has some attributes that would suit an Ange team and we desperately need cover at LCB.( Davies doesn't cut it there at all).
Cucurella would be a disaster at CB, he’s a terrible defender and don’t think he’s ever played there in a back 4. He’d be ok as Udogie back up but far down our list of priorities with Sess also back in a few weeks.

Cucurella would be a disaster at CB, he’s a terrible defender and don’t think he’s ever played there in a back 4. He’d be ok as Udogie back up but far down our list of priorities with Sess also back in a few weeks.
Desperate suggestions later on today will what you will all be doing as the silence grows ha ha

Why so dismissive of Kelly? Surely as a quick, ballplaying LCB, who can play LB, he's a smart enough option to cover van de Ven and Udogie?

A lot of the hostility seems to be people reading his incorrect height from wiki

Back