• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Maybe we did maybe we didn't. Hopefully vicario turns out as good for less.

Arsenal spending on quality properly for a well timed title push. When will we be able to spend like that?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Arsenal have been spending for quite some time now, so much so that they’ve been on the FFP watch list and had to do a funny deal to get Raya and not be in breach of it. Think they’ve spent the best part of a billion since Arteta joined haven’t they? A lot more than anyone else in the league (maybe Chelsea now?), if you spend that much you’d certainly be hoping for something in return, finally making CL is a start I guess?

Arsenal have been spending for quite some time now, so much so that they’ve been on the FFP watch list and had to do a funny deal to get Raya and not be in breach of it. Think they’ve spent the best part of a billion since Arteta joined haven’t they? A lot more than anyone else in the league (maybe Chelsea now?), if you spend that much you’d certainly be hoping for something in return, finally making CL is a start I guess?

They've spent €684,900,000 since 2020 according to Transfermarkt. Add the 30m for Raya and they're over 700m now.

To me, it's putting it all together, right investment, structure, manager, player acquisition

- I'm sorry, there is no fudging way you can convince me that is you planned to take a top 6 club and spend £600-£700M, you would want to appoint Arteta (or any manger with his lack of experience) to run the show

Other stupid notables this summer

- Blackburn trying to rinse us for £9M with a player with a £2M release clause
- Somebody paying £30M for JWP
- Raya being loaned than sold a year later for less money than they would have got up front?

Maybe we did maybe we didn't. Hopefully vicario turns out as good for less.

Arsenal spending on quality properly for a well timed title push. When will we be able to spend like that?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
We did
I know some Brentford guys
Arsenal stocking up on players
How many are better than what they had last year?
Rice is
The rest? let’s see

Yeah
That’s something I just don’t get
All this money and they wanna play city ball from 2 years ago
It may work

It won't, City's B team, B manager and tactics that Pep has evolved from.

Arsenal had a light workload, very little injuries, two imploding rivals (us and Chelsea) and they managed to spread the goals around enough that a lack of a real 20 goal a season striker didn't break them Over time this stuff equals itself out, add CL, add rivals improving, add the inevitable not enough goals and injuries and you will get a revert to norm but with stupid expectations

Arsenal had a light workload, very little injuries, two imploding rivals (us and Chelsea) and they managed to spread the goals around enough that a lack of a real 20 goal a season striker didn't break them Over time this stuff equals itself out, add CL, add rivals improving, add the inevitable not enough goals and injuries and you will get a revert to norm but with stupid expectations
I agree with that
I’d still back them for top 4 though

We did
I know some Brentford guys
Arsenal stocking up on players
How many are better than what they had last year?
Rice is
The rest? let’s see

I think Havertz is a good player, with the right environment and being played at 10 or wide he'll be more effective. He was rated at Hazard type levels pre move. I think they're light at CB and striker, not sure if the Ajax guy is any good or not.

Be prepared for us being linked to every striker in the world now.

There aren't any good ones left this year. Muani still seems to be going to PSG and Vlahovic has become an off-field basketcase. We're clearly going down the Richarlison + Veliz route.

Last edited:
Berge was really highly rated at one stage, think we looked at him. Think he'll be a good signing for them. Weird text to have on the tweet about how he's bolstered the squad.

Sheffield United are screwed. Their two best players - Ndiaye and Berge - have just left for almost no money (both were in last year of their contracts)

I think Havertz is a good player, with the right environment and being played at 10 or wide he'll be more effective. He was rated at Hazard type levels pre move. I think they're light at CB and striker, not sure if the Ajax guy is any good or not.
Ajax guy is hybrid between full back and CB
Good player but big step up
Haivertz needs to bring in double figures which I can’t see with the chances he misses
He is a good player
Chelsea was the wrong move but he did win the CL

I think this will be Artetas last season with the Goons.

Back