• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

How England are not dominating world football with the midfield / Attacking players of

Rice Bellingham
Saka Foden / Maddison Grealish​

Kane​

Is actually shocking.

Is that a serious question? Kane is the only WC player in that lot

To dominate world football you need more than hype

Is that a serious question? Kane is the only WC player in that lot

To dominate world football you need more than hype
Have a laugh, name me 5 midfielders in world football better than Rice and Bellingham at the moment? Name me 5 better right wingers than Saka at the moment.

He will end up at toon. I don’t think he is all that to be honest, he is good from a dead ball situation but i think there are much better players out there.

Completely. And we'd be priced out of him

I dont think we can guess what attacking players will fit til we have a new manager and known system in place

Have a laugh, name me 5 midfielders in world football better than Rice and Bellingham at the moment? Name me 5 better right wingers than Saka at the moment.

Notice how you didn't ask for better than Foden/Maddison/Grealish

But let's put context, Rashford is good striker, not WC, not in Kane's league, Saka is a good winger, not WC, not in Vinicius Jnr's league, Rice & Bellingham are good midfielders, not in Modric's league or KDB if you want someone in this league

This is typical English overhyping, I'm not bricking on these players but they are players way better out there.

FWIW I think Bellingham & Rice have real potential in time

But let's put context, Rashford is good striker, not WC, not in Kane's league, Saka is a good winger, not WC, not in Vinicius Jnr's league, Rice & Bellingham are good midfielders, not in Modric's league or KDB if you want someone in this league

This is typical English overhyping, I'm not bricking on these players but they are players way better out there.

I agree with your assessments of the players, but I think to have that many of the standard just below WC, plus Kane who clearly is WC, we could be doing better. The sheer volume of players at a high level (maybe not absolute top level though) should mean we are a force. Obvious limitation being the defence holding us back.

I mean, just look at the Argie team that won. They didn’t have 11 WC players, they just had a couple and some good solid ones.

I agree with your assessments of the players, but I think to have that many of the standard just below WC, plus Kane who clearly is WC, we could be doing better. The sheer volume of players at a high level (maybe not absolute top level though) should mean we are a force. Obvious limitation being the defence holding us back.

I mean, just look at the Argie team that won. They didn’t have 11 WC players, they just had a couple and some good solid ones.

Yes, England should be doing better but you have Southgate as a manager

Bit unfair on Rice and Bellingham considering they are at the start of their careers. Bellingham has all the looks of an absolute star TBH, thats not overhype, thats why Real Madrid want to pay top whack for him, He is 19 years old and has 100 games under his belt and is dragging a team to the title (last weeks game an example) I don't care what league that happens at that age, shows how good he is going to be. De Bruyne was knocking about in the Chelsea reserves and being sold at that age

Vinicius Junior is probably the form horse in Europe at the moment so likely not many are as good as him, but that does not mean Foden and Saka are not very good players....they are, who knows what they might become, Foden especially looks to have the makings of a hugely high ceiling. People might crack on about Foden playing for City and it being easier there, but the fact he even plays there should tell people enough

Bit unfair on Rice and Bellingham considering they are at the start of their careers. Bellingham has all the looks of an absolute star TBH, thats not overhype, thats why Real Madrid want to pay top whack for him, He is 19 years old and has 100 games under his belt and is dragging a team to the title (last weeks game an example) I don't care what league that happens at that age, shows how good he is going to be. De Bruyne was knocking about in the Chelsea reserves and being sold at that age

Vinicius Junior is probably the form horse in Europe at the moment so likely not many are as good as him, but that does not mean Foden and Saka are not very good players....they are, who knows what they might become, Foden especially looks to have the makings of a hugely high ceiling. People might crack on about Foden playing for City and it being easier there, but the fact he even plays there should tell people enough

I'm not arguing any of that, but there is a difference between what they might become and WC now, and the original comment was on why England wasn't winning now, not in future

Vinicius is more than form, he's had two consistent years (22+ goals/season, double figures in assists both seasons), plus his 3 "promising" years prior, guy is the real deal

Again it amazes me how English people forget the last hype, is Foden or Saka better than prime Dele was for us? see how that turned out? and if we had this conversation at the beginning of the season I'm sure Mount would have been in the conversation. Chances are no more than 2 out of the 6 names actually become top level (doesn't mean they won't be very good PL players)

I'm not arguing any of that, but there is a difference between what they might become and WC now, and the original comment was on why England wasn't winning now, not in future

Vinicius is more than form, he's had two consistent years (22+ goals/season, double figures in assists both seasons), plus his 3 "promising" years prior, guy is the real deal

Again it amazes me how English people forget the last hype, is Foden or Saka better than prime Dele was for us? see how that turned out? and if we had this conversation at the beginning of the season I'm sure Mount would have been in the conversation. Chances are no more than 2 out of the 6 names actually become top level (doesn't mean they won't be very good PL players)

I didn't mean form in the literal sense, its clear Carlos is a good player

Surely the last statement works both ways? not every promising players is going to become Alli, surely? Bellingham, Rice, Saka and Foden are good players now, looks like they have high ceilings and can go on to be whatever they like, Bellingham having one of those unique careers so far like Rooney where he is doing it at 17-19 which leads me to think his ceiling is higher, but lets see.

I didn't mean form in the literal sense, its clear Carlos is a good player

Surely the last statement works both ways? not every promising players is going to become Alli, surely? Bellingham, Rice, Saka and Foden are good players now, looks like they have high ceilings and can go on to be whatever they like, Bellingham having one of those unique careers so far like Rooney where he is doing it at 17-19 which leads me to think his ceiling is higher, but lets see.

Yes, no one really knows but it is an odds game

If I was betting -> Bellingham and Rice make it. Saka is too Sterling for me and I really think Foden, Mount & Grealish are not that special (Son is miles above any of them)

Yes, no one really knows but it is an odds game

If I was betting -> Bellingham and Rice make it. Saka is too Sterling for me and I really think Foden, Mount & Grealish are not that special (Son is miles above any of them)
Saka has a lot more about him than Sterling, still, it's only one really good season. Foden is a brilliant player already and will only get better. You don't break into the City team at the age he did without being special.
Grealish and Mount are decent players, nothing more.

Saka has a lot more about him than Sterling, still, it's only one really good season. Foden is a brilliant player already and will only get better. You don't break into the City team at the age he did without being special.
Grealish and Mount are decent players, nothing more.

Foden will go on to be a better player than Son IMO, thats not a slight at Son, he is just a hugely talented player, could be anything he wants. Saka better than Sterling but equally, people talk like Sterling has been crap, he has not, its a popular opinion but he has had a very decent career TBF to him. Mount, not even sure why he is mentioned, he is poor

I think the "England overhype their players" line is pulled out on convivence too, to the point we probably underrate out players now because of it.

Ok name me 5 players better than each of those players in world football?

Out of those going down or likely to who from.what you have seen would you poach? If anyone?

Maddison obviously stand out but who else?

I like that Alcaraz at Southa.pton, always looked like he has abit about him.

Not sure there are too many more

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Back