• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Discussion Thread

More likely he plays dumb to deflect attention and avoid questions he doesn't want to answer. Smart move.

I'm not sure making yourself look like an ignorant idiot can ever be a good think. Even Hamlet ballsed it up really.

I'm not sure making yourself look like an ignorant idiot can ever be a good think. Even Hamlet ballsed it up really.

Redknapp used to say similar sorts of things, often a short while before signing the player. Hopefully Sherwood proves to be as good a manager as he was.

Id rather a manager sound like an idiot but knows what he is doing on the pitch than a manager who read the thesaurus a few times and well... the rest is needless

So does it seem like we will not be getting in a left-back as challenger/back-up to Rose?
Would people be happy to be challenging for a top 4 spot with Rose and Fryers/Verts?

Someone (Abe Lincoln?) once said "better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt".

I don't see why a manager/coach/player should answer every inane (or intrusive) question from the press - who can show their ignorance in their questions.

Gutter press much of the time. (Gutter .... see what I did there?)

What can you tell us about Iancu IS?

Seems that the January window will again be quiet, but the Levy window doesn't really open until the last couple of days so who knows... :)
Spurs scouts have been seen at Steaua's preparation. I know this from our newspapers so the mirror thing must be true. I don't know if a bid is going to happen, but the eyes are on him. About Iancu now, he is 19, Cristiano Ronaldo-ish player, both on physical appearance and the type of qualities. Of course he is not anywhere near Ronaldo's abilities but he is still very young. Good speed, good dribbling abilities while running, good header, good technique. He is still a long way away of becoming great but the the abilities are there. He plays Attacking Midfield Center, 2nd striker or if necessary on the wing. At Steaua he fights for the first 11 with Stanciu (20 yo) for that hole position, so he is not a dead certain starter. He has minor issues of discipline, unlike Chiriches who is all professional. Don't see him entering the Spurs first 11 right away, but he has A LOT of potential. A 7-10 million euro bid will certainly be enough, like I said he is not irreplaceable at Steaua, as Stanciu plays at least the time that Iancu gets on the field and at 20 yo he has potential as well. I like Iancu, I think he should be a starter at Steaua, and I believe his potential is over the roof, don't know if Steaua coach agrees with my opinion...

The Metro believe Tottenham want to sign Dutch attacker Ibrahim Afellay on loan for the rest of the season

Spurs scouts have been seen at Steaua's preparation. I know this from our newspapers so the mirror thing must be true. I don't know if a bid is going to happen, but the eyes are on him. About Iancu now, he is 19, Cristiano Ronaldo-ish player, both on physical appearance and the type of qualities. Of course he is not anywhere near Ronaldo's abilities but he is still very young. Good speed, good dribbling abilities while running, good header, good technique. He is still a long way away of becoming great but the the abilities are there. He plays Attacking Midfield Center, 2nd striker or if necessary on the wing. At Steaua he fights for the first 11 with Stanciu (20 yo) for that hole position, so he is not a dead certain starter. He has minor issues of discipline, unlike Chiriches who is all professional. Don't see him entering the Spurs first 11 right away, but he has A LOT of potential. A 7-10 million euro bid will certainly be enough, like I said he is not irreplaceable at Steaua, as Stanciu plays at least the time that Iancu gets on the field and at 20 yo he has potential as well. I like Iancu, I think he should be a starter at Steaua, and I believe his potential is over the roof, don't know if Steaua coach agrees with my opinion...

Anything been said about Latovlevici recently mate?

I think he'd be a decent yet reasonable fix for our LB troubles.

Anything been said about Latovlevici recently mate?

I think he'd be a decent yet reasonable fix for our LB troubles.
Yeah I'm sure they have taken a look at Latovlevici too while they were there. While Latovlevici SURELY has the strenght and speed to play at the top level, he is not very disciplined tactically. Although he is our best LB (and we have a good reserve for him), Lato is out of form, has been for some time now. The coach thinks he can play into form and keeps using him. We are still in winter break and will be until 14 February so can't really tell if he snapped out of it. Latovlevici's price is around 5 million euros, i think that would be enough and he is easily worth that when in form. Would be a good fix at a reasonable price.

Yeah I'm sure they have taken a look at Latovlevici too while they were there. While Latovlevici SURELY has the strenght and speed to play at the top level, he is not very disciplined tactically. Although he is our best LB (and we have a good reserve for him), Lato is out of form, has been for some time now. The coach thinks he can play into form and keeps using him. We are still in winter break and will be until 14 February so can't really tell if he snapped out of it. Latovlevici's price is around 5 million euros, i think that would be enough and he is easily worth that when in form. Would be a good fix at a reasonable price.

Wow that's a blast from the past. Says on his Wiki that he is at Sao Paulo. Apparently suffered a few injuries over the past few years although the author of his wiki piece reckons that his down turn in form coincided with the 2010 World Cup where Oscar was chosen ahead of him.

If we got the Afellay who promised so much before moving to Barcelona I'd be happy with that loan.

That made me think of Royston Drenthe. People on here were desperate for him. He went on loan from Real Madrid to Everton and then on a free to Vladikavkaz and now plays for Reading in the Championship.

Mind you some people on here said that Aguero wasn't worth buying from Atletico as he was too short for the Premier League...

Also Urby Emanuelson who was this genius from Ajax who went to Milan and escaped us... and then ended up on loan at Fulham and not doing much

Or Bryan Ruiz who some people wanted

So many players out there that seem good in moments but aren't the real deal. That is the real skill of a talent scount, spotting the genuine real deal.

E.g. the brilliance in Bergkamp when he was struggling massively at Inter, rather than thinking the player on a hot streak will stay on a hot streak

Back