• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Discussion Thread

There might not be anyone available, but if there is someone good we could get we need to buy a new left back.

I can't see any way Baldini, Levy and Sherwood can't all spot the obvious weakest link in our team right now.

And I even like Rose, he's an alright player. At this point though, he's not quite good enough to be first choice for us. And with the (lack of) backup options we have...

Been saying the same for ages. Surely it must be clear to them this is our biggest Achilles heel?

And with Defoe off, we must surely be in for another striker. Break the bank for Benteke. Do it NOW.

TalkSport reporting that Man Utd have made a £20M+ bid for Andros Townsend!?!

I've already asked for a half day off work so I can drive him up there myself.

Seriously over-rated player and a sign of how sh!t United will be under Moyes if this is where they are planning to spunk their money. Decent squad player for us but not a starter. Sell, sell, sell.

[-o<

Almost three times the price of Chadli for an inferior player.

United have a recent track record of signing our worst and out-of-form players ...... NO.

United have a recent track record of signing our rather decent players who are in form, paying through the nose ..... YES.

From The Mirrors live thing again;

Sherwood says NO chance of any more signings:

Sherwood said: "Lewis Holtby's certainly one that I sanctioned to leave the club. I think he's got a Tottenham future. I can't see him not playing regular football in the Fulham side and we look forward to welcoming him back in the summer.

"Berbatov? No. I like him and think he's a very good player, but we've got strikers here who can do a very good job. I don't think there's any mileage in Konoplayanka.

"Zero chance (of any more signings). Very relaxed. It's not always the way, just to buy players. We need to put things together, like a jigsaw here, and I've got real trust in the players that we've got."

It's nothing short of madness if the window closes without us having done something about the left-back situation.

Rose isn't good enough to be a starter in my view. Fryers may have a future, but he's not even an adequate back-up right now. And Naughton should never be played on the left; the idea that he can "fill in" there is complete nonsense.

So if Rose (who as I say, isn't even good enough to be first choice) picks up an injury, then we're back to playing Vertonghen on the left again. Not only is our best CB wasted out there, but we can kiss goodbye to whatever chance we have of holding onto him this summer if we keep playing him out of position.

Can the people at the club really not see how important this is?

It's nothing short of madness if the window closes without us having done something about the left-back situation.

Rose isn't good enough to be a starter in my view. Fryers may have a future, but he's not even an adequate back-up right now. And Naughton should never be played on the left; the idea that he can "fill in" there is complete nonsense.

So if Rose (who as I say, isn't even good enough to be first choice) picks up an injury, then we're back to playing Vertonghen on the left again. Not only is our best CB wasted out there, but we can kiss goodbye to whatever chance we have of holding onto him this summer if we keep playing him out of position.

Can the people at the club really not see how important this is?

Lots of us have been saying this exact same thing for ages. Baldini has had months to sort someone out for this position. What does he do all day?

We are still trying to settle half the summer signings so I'm not too bothered (yes a left back and centre half would've been nice).

Has it not occurred to anyone that maybe, just maybe TS doesn't have hold of the purse strings completely? Maybe DL is holding fire until the summer when a definate plan is in place.

Lots of us have been saying this exact same thing for ages. Baldini has had months to sort someone out for this position. What does he do all day?

Just because some think we need a new left back doesn't mean the club does. Many think Rose is a more than capable left back, and someone like Fryers is an adequate back up. Unless you're Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project you're not going to be getting a big name to just be sitting on the bench playing second fiddle so the reserve will always be a young promising player with the assumption he'll only be filling in for the odd game here and there. Left back doesn't tend to be a position that's rotated often....

I really wanted us to sign a new left back, but I accept that good left backs are notoriously hard to find and that good deals in the January window are often difficult to find. The combination of those is that we might just not have found a player good enough.

Back