• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs West Ham OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully, Ajax will feel the pressure of expectation now, something they didn't have when playing Madrid or Juve. They are the favourites, let's see how they handle it.

Three words:

Outwitted dog sh!t.

Up there with Chelsea away in terms of poor performances. I knew West Ham would look at the Brighton game and think "well, I think I know how we'll set up against Spurs". But didn't think they'd be allowed to be so successful. Genuinely should've been at least 3-0 to them, countered well whilst we offered NOTHING up front, with poor final balls and decision making in the second half (note one save Fabianski had to make infront of the South Stand?)

'Spurs play better without Kane'

Really?!?!?!

Edit: our form in the league is now plummeting and seriously worrying:

P10 W3 D1 L6 F11 A11 Pts10

Our worst run of form in years. If you think Bournemouth and Everton are a guaranteed 6 points, you better think again.

Last edited:
I guess we'll have some fresh legs coming in - Vertonghen, Trippier, Llorente, Wanyama, perhaps Skipp

I'm actually far more worried about our league game next weekend - we need something from it, but sandwiched between the CL semis will no doubt impact our performance

Indeed

Some may not agree but I think we should play to the strengths of the team available on Tuesday. Sit in, stay tight, and if possible try and release Moura (who will likely play off Llorente) when we can.

Did he punch himself in the face and ask himself why he selected that formation and persisted with a billion defenders all game?

5 centre backs playing, and you bring on Wanyama.

Yay, take Moura off, we don't need a goal...
Who are the 5?

If Poch made a mistake, it's announcing that Foyth would play again at right-back. Foyth offers zero width, and I was never sold on all the praise he was getting after the City game. He's a center-back forced out onto the wing, and it shows.

And yet he probably delivered the best cross all game from which Janssen should have scored. I think the reason he didn't get up and down today was because Felipe Andersen was pinning him back.

Desperately need Sissoko and/or Winks back. We lacked any structure today, especially in teh second half, and also means we then drop Dele and Eriksen deeper which hits us in the final third....

Exactly. 2nd half we’ve ended up with Llorente and VJ up top and Son helping out at RB at times.

Indeed

Some may not agree but I think we should play to the strengths of the team available on Tuesday. Sit in, stay tight, and if possible try and release Moura (who will likely play off Llorente) when we can.

I'd play a team along the lines of how we played the season we finished 2nd to Chelsea. But with no Son or Kane, have Moura leading the line:

-----------------lloris
------toby-----sanchez----vert
trippier-----dier-----wanyama---rose
------------eriksen----dele
----------------moura

Flood the midfield, be hard to beat. Try and release Moura and get Dele to run beyond into the box.

Yes we were terrible, but personally find it hard to care. The game on Tues is the biggest of my lifetime, get to the CL final and nothing much else matters atm.

I will say though:West Ham are absolute mugs to only seemingly care about games against us + maybe the goons and Man Utd. Also Antonio laughing about doing his celebration in Faces later, that's what he aspires to... no ambition, unprofessional players and lack of effort for 90% of the season.

I'd play a team along the lines of how we played the season we finished 2nd to Chelsea. But with no Son or Kane, have Moura leading the line:

-----------------lloris
----------------moura

Flood the midfield, be hard to beat. Try and release Moura and get Dele to run beyond into the box.

Bang on (unless Winks or Sissoko are back).

I’d take a 0-0 or 1-1 right now.

Yes we were terrible, but personally find it hard to care. The game on Tues is the biggest of my lifetime, get to the CL final and nothing much else matters atm.

I will say though:West Ham are absolute mugs to only seemingly care about games against us + maybe the goons and Man Utd. Also Antonio laughing about doing his celebration in Faces later, that's what he aspires to... no ambition, unprofessional players and lack of effort for 90% of the season.

Don’t underestimate the long term importance of finishing top 4.

Look on the bright side, the record of first team to win at NWHL is gone as an added incentive for teams.
We weren't that bad, dele and dier were poor. Son looks knackered and fair play to spam they played him well.

We were that bad. West Ham shouldn't have had a sniff. Dishonorable mention to the Wham fans who made one failed attempt at a chant in the first half, then didn't utter a peep until they scored and were still crap afterwards. "It's so quiet at the lane" and "you're not Tottenham anymore" for worst chants of the game.

-----------------lloris
----------------moura

I think that team looks right to me, unless Sissoko or Winks is available. Sounds a bit negative, but staying in the tie til the second leg when we have Sissoko and Son isn't a bad objective.

Then on to Bournemouth, which is as big a game as Ajax - really need a point at least next week

We were that bad. West Ham shouldn't have had a sniff. Dishonorable mention to the Wham fans who made one failed attempt at a chant in the first half, then didn't utter a peep until they scored and were still crap afterwards. "It's so quiet at the lane" and "you're not Tottenham anymore" for worst chants of the game.

Punchbags of Europe was up there. As if they’d know anything about Europe apart from losing to Astra pig farmers. Twice.

-----------------lloris
----------------moura

Winks should be available for the game.

Put him in for Wanyama, and I fully agree with you. Otherwise, we will have a hard time springing counters.

Don’t underestimate the long term importance of finishing top 4.

Agreed. I admit I will be more annoyed if also lose to Bournemouth.

But Sissoko and Winks to come back it still looks like we'll make it (and think we'd beat Everton at home if we really have to)

And yet he probably delivered the best cross all game from which Janssen should have scored. I think the reason he didn't get up and down today was because Felipe Andersen was pinning him back.

That speaks to a lack of mobility, though. Which he has - he's not a wing-back, he's too slow and too uncontrolled.

A more mobile wing-back would have been able to do both - mark Anderson and get forward.

Not even saying he shouldn't have played - but announcing it allowed West Ham to pack the center, and play with utter ease.

Big teams win these games and win Tuesday. We aren't there yet and people just accept it.

I think KWP should be sold. Pointless having him. It's ok to play Foyth away at city when full backs don't need to attack. To play him today was the wrong decision. Pochs subs were also crap.

Poch to blame for picking the wrong team. Players like Dele and dier think it's acceptable to prance around the pitch.

Just an all round pathetic performance that will prob bite us in the bum.

I really just want this season over with now.

Big teams win these games and win Tuesday. We aren't there yet and people just accept it.

I think KWP should be sold. Pointless having him. It's ok to play Foyth away at city when full backs don't need to attack. To play him today was the wrong decision. Pochs subs were also crap.

Poch to blame for picking the wrong team. Players like Dele and dier think it's acceptable to prance around the pitch.

Just an all round pathetic performance that will prob bite us in the bum.

I really just want this season over with now.
As it’s so painful for you why don’t you stop following and YOU HAVE THE POWER to end this miserable season?

Have some perspective lads. With 2 matches to go we are 3rd in the league and in a CL semi-final, despite a) no signings and selling Dembele, b) playing at Wembley most of the season, and c) having far more than our fair share of injuries. All of that has been achieved by the same manager and group of players who lost today, so give them a bit of a break.

Back