• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs West Ham OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was poor, to be fair, but comments like these

Big teams win these games and win Tuesday. We aren't there yet and people just accept it.

I really just want this season over with now.

are just bizarre. Even without constant injuries, and playing almost every game away from home, 3rd in the league, a CL semi final and an incredible new stadium mean this is a season to remember no matter what happens from here on.

Some of us remember the years when our season was almost always over in February.

Have to say, I’m also not buying the “weren’t up for it because of Tuesday.” They’re professional footballers. The least they can be is up for it. If they’re tired fair enough but if they just strolled around saving themselves for Tuesday, they should be told to fudge off.

One of the reasons I don’t buy it is because Sonny doesn’t have Tuesday and that was arguably his worst performance of the season.

I’m surprisingly calm after that, the performance didn’t surprise me at all, it’s not out of character for us this season.

We’ve kinda got away with it, all I can do is hope this lot get their heads right over the summer and perform to their true level next season.

I’m surprisingly calm after that, the performance didn’t surprise me at all, it’s not out of character for us this season.

We’ve kinda got away with it, all I can do is hope this lot get their heads right over the summer and perform to their true level next season.

Could not disagree with any of that we’ve lost 12 league games.

The Champs league run and moving into new stadium are massive positives but we have been very fortunate that those around us have been brick.

It’s not been great on pitch this season for the most part. Need a serious clear up squad wise.
Looks like an error selling Dembele for me.

Let’s hope we can scrape over the line but after today I have doubts.

Could not disagree with any of that we’ve lost 12 league games.

The Champs league run and moving into new stadium are massive positives but we have been very fortunate that those around us have been brick.

It’s not been great on pitch this season for the most part. Need a serious clear up squad wise.
Looks like an error selling Dembele for me.

Let’s hope we can scrape over the line but after today I have doubts.

Agree with all of that. Losing 12 games is scary. We haven’t lost that many for a long time. From 2015-2017 particularly, we were tough to beat.

We’re at the end with this squad of players. Pochs gotten everything he can out of them really. That’s not to say we need to offload loads of them but we definitely need 3-5 new faces of a good standard. Another window sitting on our hands or with Danny reaching for Google and we are fudged.

Last edited:
Agree with all of that. Losing 12 games is scary. We haven’t lost that many for a long time. From 2015-2017 particularly, we were tough to beat.

We’re at the end with this squad of players. Pochs gotten everything he can out of them really. That’s not to see we need to offload loads of them but we definitely need 3-5 new faces of a good standard. Another window sitting on our hands or with Danny reaching for Google and we are fudged.

Will be difficult to get that many quality players in at once but let’s hope something happens.

We’ve looked fragile this season for first time in a couple of years. The fact all the English and Belgian lads went to last weekend of World Cup must of had an effect .

Onwards COYS

Will be difficult to get that many quality players in at once but let’s hope something happens.

We’ve looked fragile this season for first time in a couple of years. The fact all the English and Belgian lads went to last weekend of World Cup must of had an effect .

Onwards COYS
Are you saying the World Cup has a toll on the players?
I ask as most people have forgotten last summer

We’re at the end with this squad of players. Pochs gotten everything he can out of them really. That’s not to say we need to offload loads of them but we definitely need 3-5 new faces of a good standard

'at the end' is a bit dramatic, but the end but I agree with. Ignoring replacing any departures, we need a new RB, a replacement for Dembele and then increase our attacking options so that we have 8 rather than the 6 currently (I dont count Llorente, Janssen or GKN, but have included Lamela, even though he's a squad filler rather than actual productive first teamer)

'at the end' is a bit dramatic, but the end but I agree with. Ignoring replacing any departures, we need a new RB, a replacement for Dembele and then increase our attacking options so that we have 8 rather than the 6 currently (I dont count Llorente, Janssen or GKN, but have included Lamela, even though he's a squad filler rather than actual productive first teamer)

We need to get rid of disfunctional players... ones that are injured or simply not good enough

That creates space for others to come in

Have to say, I’m also not buying the “weren’t up for it because of Tuesday.” They’re professional footballers. The least they can be is up for it. If they’re tired fair enough but if they just strolled around saving themselves for Tuesday, they should be told to fudge off.

One of the reasons I don’t buy it is because Sonny doesn’t have Tuesday and that was arguably his worst performance of the season.

Thought he was doing ok up top (not amazing) but then shunted our wide to accommodate Llorente and VJ. We literally had nothing until the last 5 mins from them. Reason being is the oppo can just push right up and not worry about being done for pace.

Really odd to restrict your most dangerous player to accommodate lesser lights.

We need to get rid of disfunctional players... ones that are injured or simply not good enough

Yes, but there two types of problems:

1) positions where we simply don't have enough players - attacking areas (I dont count jansse and GKN as players), and the vacant Dembele position
2) positions where we have players but they're been failing for too long and need upgrading - mainly right-back in my view

West ham crowded the middle of the pitch which made it hard for our central players, we didn't have anything else to threaten them with - out wide or going long was ineffective

Our full backs offered absolutely nothing going forward. Why was Foyth chosen over hat trick assist hero KWP. Mystifying.

We need two new flying attacking full backs that can deliver a cross next season.

100% this. I’m bored of listening to “We can’t improve on what we have etc”.

It’s a squad game, and we have far too many that don’t contribute or are injured.

Today was the perfect game to play a bunch of fringe players who would give 110% and fight for some game time vs Ajax. As it is we’ve had to play the majority that will play Tuesday, and it showed.

Yes, but there two types of problems:

1) positions where we simply don't have enough players - attacking areas (I dont count jansse and GKN as players), and the vacant Dembele position
2) positions where we have players but they're been failing for too long and need upgrading - mainly right-back in my view

I agree
We have issues with players that simply can’t stay fit like Lamela or we have the opportunity to move players on with no detriment to the squad like a RB or 2
Add on Llorente, NKodu and Jansenn and you have space for better

We’re at the end with this squad of players. Pochs gotten everything he can out of them really. That’s not to say we need to offload loads of them but we definitely need 3-5 new faces of a good standard. Another window sitting on our hands or with Danny reaching for Google and we are fudged.
Methinks a bit of perspective is called for here. Kane was a big miss today; others have been out for prolongued spells eg Lamela, Aurier, meaning eg Eriksen, Toby have had to play way too many games resulting in noticeable signs of fatigue; others again are battling through a spell of poor form, eg Dele, others again eg Rose, Foyth are having to play out of position.

Yet we are still in the CL semi-finals and top three in the League.

For sure we need to offload a few and bring in some fresh faces but I really don't see the need for a wholesale clear-out. That could lead to an unnecessary spell in the doldrums whilst we rebuild.

So, careful what you wish for.

Back