• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs West Ham OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we have to treat Ajax like Emirates Marketing Project in the week, we have to be defensive and try and keep a clean sheet. Even a 0-0 would be alright imo.

makes sense in theory, but every time we try it we let 3 goals in in the first 15 minutes

It's games like to day when we really miss Harry Kane. Got a great record against West ham too. Our luck with injuries has been awful.

Very true
But it was quite a sepid spineless performance
Shows why the league is so hard too... we’re at 70/80% and their at 100% and deserved the win

I genuinely have no idea what's going on out there. They're cutting through us and creating great chances but it's not like it's because we've had their goal under siege. We're creating nothing.

Embarrassing on many levels today and I very rarely use that word about our team.
We played midweek they didn't. Think we look tired today and still have a big game next week. Hence the Moura Alli subs.

It's games like to day when we really miss Harry Kane. Got a great record against West ham too. Our luck with injuries has been awful.

No but remember when Harry plays, the attack slows down, or Son doesn't do so well...or something. At least that has been shown up for the utter b0ll0cks that it is. We need Kane.

How depressing to finish a game with Jannsen and Llorente upfront, almost makes me want to throw up.

Toothless up front again! You can forget getting past Ajax next week, with our brick forward set up. Lloriente will not score against them.

I just think the squad lacks 2 or 3 additional players to deal with the injuries we’ve had and the progress we’ve made in the CL. How often have Son / Eriksen / Alli been rested / rotated this season, especially recently?

Also, I do not understand why anyone thinks Alli should play deeper, or why he is being played deeper every season after scoring nearly 20 goals 2 seasons ago (aside from being played there out of necessity recently). He’s great in and around the penalty box, and largely brick any deeper than that (defensive workrate aside).

We won’t be this bad against Ajax that I know. Id love to know is what goes through Pochs head sometimes - Dele is only effective in advanced attacking positions where he can make his runs and be the finisher with a goal or assist. All this dropping deep stuff with him is BS he is not and never will be suited for a playmaker type role. And then even when he is clearly having a shocker he still doesn’t get hooked until 85th minute. Oh well.....

Welcome back, Spurs of old. This month was too good to be true after all.

Sigh.

Dele was irredeemable crap, and if it hadn't been for injuries, I would have left him out of the CL semi. If he wants to play like that, without a care in the world, you don't deserve to play in a CL Semi.

The rest...difficult to know what to say, really.

I guess, in the end, the squad was pushed too far. We had five center-backs out on the pitch today, and let's be honest, even the few players that are out injured / were rested aren't great - Trippier, Aurier, Lamela et al. Sissoko and Kane are the only major misses here.

It comes down to having an utterly crap squad, and spending absolutely nothing in the summer and in January (even selling Dembele) because we wanted to see how much self-destruction we could inflict upon ourselves.

Sadly, West Ham had a better squad than we did out there today. We had two or three players of quality up front (Son, Eriksen, Lucas) amidst a sea of utter dross.

And they can't work miracles every week, especially when one of our ostensibly better players (Dele) decides to airily play like a pub player because he's too good to be bothered with focusing on games like this.

So, difficult to blame any individuals. Squad was pushed too far. It's breaking. We're seeing it.

Levy must be terrified - probably praying his barren summer and January doesn't come back to bite him on the a*se the next couple of weeks. Forget Arse potentially finishing above us, forget West Ham (of all clubs) beating us at our new home - that's all stuff for the fans, since we're the only ones who care about that. The players don't.

But if we miss out on the CL, Levy's penny-pinching will have cost him hundreds of millions in lost revenue, lost sponsorships, lost commercial opportunities - it will have lasting implications for the success of the whole stadium move.

I just think the squad lacks 2 or 3 additional players to deal with the injuries we’ve had and the progress we’ve made in the CL. How often have Son / Eriksen / Alli been rested / rotated this season, especially recently?

Also, I do not understand why anyone thinks Alli should play deeper, or why he is being played deeper every season after scoring nearly 20 goals 2 seasons ago (aside from being played there out of necessity recently). He’s great in and around the penalty box, and largely brick any deeper than that (defensive workrate aside).

We have too many players who are constantly injured. Lamela is useless to us if he's always on the treatment table and I pray that Winks isn't going the same way.

West ham crowded the middle of the pitch which made it hard for our central players, we didn't have anything else to threaten them with - out wide or going long was ineffective

I was going to reference our injuries but realised we actually only have two attacking injuries currently (though one of the players' default is to be injured ).

Need quite a bit of change in the attacking positions this summer you feel.

You'd think West Ham were the team needing a goal going by the performances since the goal. Have we even had a single shot since we conceded?

You’ve forgotten one of the most important players we’re missing....

Back