• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM Vs CHELSKI OFFICIAL OMT***

Because this is the formation Harry always plays against tough opposition away from home. It's his defensive formation. And let's face it, it is a brick formation for football too. Fortunately it seems like it was a passing fad now that people have realised that a simple 4-4-2 can smash it quite comfortably with the right personnel. I just hope Chelsea line up with a negative 4-5-1 too and don't go for 4-4-2. If they go for a 4-4-2, we're in for a rough game.

Name some examples of when we "smashed it quite comfortably" playing 4-4-2 away from him against the bigger teams please.

We've switched to 4-5-1? Dear GHod, we're playing not to lose. Either that or he is playing Bale wide right and Modric wide left which would be a disaster. Confidence really must be low if we aren't going for the win.

Are you being ironic?

We get torn a new one in midfield 4 games in row playing 4-4-2, so we've reverted back to a variation of the system that has been so successful for us all season.

It's not far off 4-3-3, only Rafa and Bale will get back and defend, as opposed to have Saha/Defoe stood with their hands on their hips at the halfway line.

This is the best team in the circumstances. Hope ade is fully fit. Need to start the game well. Really hope the players are up for it and give us a game and a result to be proud of. Nervous as hell.

I think I'd rather that than 4-5-1. As long as Bale stays wide left and it's Modric and VDV with roaming roles swapping with each other on the right and in the hole.
I could handle that, but the fact that we have no width down the right means congestion through the middle and a double up on Bale and no penetration.

We'll need a wonder-goal. Step up Benny......

Mate, you have gone from completely negative to really positive.
I guess that's human nature, one or two players make it, the formation seems right and we are full of optimism again.......COYS!!!!

Na that's just me mate. I'm trying very hard to stay positive. Not watching any prematch hype/build up. Just will watch the 90. When it comes to an hour before kick off, I think fudge it, of course we can win.

Firm believer of its all to do with their mentality. Have we the ability in that starting XI to pull off a win? Absolutely.

Let's just not switch off for even one second in todays game. As professional as can be. Every corner, set piece to defend, is a chance to regroup, mark up and ensure we deal with the danger. In open play, let's ensure we track and cover all over the park. Let's push forward together. Lets make use of the lack of pace Terry and Cahill have. Get Bale running at them too. Ade pulling wide, Rafa and Luka popping up all over the park and opening pockets of space.

Let's ensure every set piece delivery of ours is bang on the money. Right under Cech's nose and difficult as hell to defend against.

COME ON YOU SPURS

I could handle that, but the fact that we have no width down the right means congestion through the middle and a double up on Bale and no penetration.

We'll need a wonder-goal. Step up Benny......

I think one of our biggest problems, regardless of formation, is that Bale now wanders too much. He should stay wide left and NOT roam to provide balance to the side, especially if Lennon is out. If he isn't getting any joy on the left then there are two choices. Keep him out there to occupy two men or allow him to start roaming.

The problem we have now is that he roams all the time and it does leave us way too narrow.

I want Bale to try some long rangers too. I thought he struck a couple of beauties low and hard against Stoke.

Assuming it's 433/451/4231 whatever you want to call it then it's the lineup I'd have picked(bar Parker). Still not confident but happy with the team.

Because this is the formation Harry always plays against tough opposition away from home. It's his defensive formation. And let's face it, it is a brick formation for football too. Fortunately it seems like it was a passing fad now that people have realised that a simple 4-4-2 can smash it quite comfortably with the right personnel. I just hope Chelsea line up with a negative 4-5-1 too and don't go for 4-4-2. If they go for a 4-4-2, we're in for a rough game.

:ross:

Na that's just me mate. I'm trying very hard to stay positive. Not watching any prematch hype/build up. Just will watch the 90. When it comes to an hour before kick off, I think fudge it, of course we can win.

Firm believer of its all to do with their mentality. Have we the ability in that starting XI to pull off a win? Absolutely.

Let's just not switch off for even one second in todays game. As professional as can be. Every corner, set piece to defend, is a chance to regroup, mark up and ensure we deal with the danger. In open play, let's ensure we track and cover all over the park. Let's push forward together. Lets make use of the lack of pace Terry and Cahill have. Get Bale running at them too. Ade pulling wide, Rafa and Luka popping up all over the park and opening pockets of space.

Let's ensure every set piece delivery of ours is bang on the money. Right under Cech's nose and difficult as hell to defend against.

COME ON YOU SPURS

I am with you Diego. Was negative now positive (ish) ! Still really nervous though

So the examples you could bring up are 2 seasons ago and another where we switched it up at ht?

No I just gave you two examples. There are more, including starting with 4-5-1 against City this season, 2-0 down. Switch it to 4-4-2 and pulled it back to 2-2. The other games against the big teams we've played 4-5-1 and lost.

Our best form over the last three years, home and away, has always come playing 4 and 4. Almost everytime we switch it to 4 and 5 we lose or draw. Those are simple facts.

We play 5 across the midfield to dominate midfield. It's the way we have to play to win the big games, and it is how we should have played against Arsenal (yet we hardly ever do). There is simply no room for not controlling the midfield in these games. Having the ball for most of the time reduces their attacking threat, reduces the backing from the stands, reduces their attacks to countering. With the players we are able to field, we should always control midfield. And the way to do that is crowding the middle.

It's a bit like chess really, the four central squares are the most important ones to control.

I am with you Diego. Was negative now positive (ish) ! Still really nervous though

I was resigned to getting hammered by 4 or 5 when I was expecting to see Saha/Defoe alongside Ade, with Rafa at RM.

Now the team is right (assuming we do go 4-3-2-1, rather than some mad square pegged 4-4-2), I think we're good for at least a draw.

Back