• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham versus West Ham****

Sorry, it's an English term
I know it’s an English term.

It’s not home, but like home!
Get that, but Wembley is nothing like home.
It like a municipal council bowl painted bright red to compound things! Red for heavens sake!

I know what you mean and Wembley is never going to be WHL. But we have to lose the mindset of every game being like an away game. Wembley is our home this season whether we like it or not. It's up to us as fans to do our utmost to make it feel like home. Not easy at Wembley, granted but we shouldn't go into every game as if we are somehow on the back foot.
Positive thinking!!

No we don’t!
We are unbeaten away, so treat all games as away games and feck all this Wembley hoodoo rubbish!
Just play the games!

we have played 3 league games there and should've had a minimum of 7 points from the performances. We have also beaten a very good German side there.

Your missing my point, just forget “ Wembley.” Treat it just as a temporary ground in West London and play the games.

I didn't really understand the point.... treat it as such as opposed to what?

Wembley has a footballing folklore air to it. Forget all the hullabaloo about Wembley and treat it as say London Stadium “west” just another football pitch we are renting!

I guess there are still SOME fans who will use Wembley as a excuse if we fail to match our form of last year, there has to be something to blame " the ref was brick" there goalkeeper had a worldie, " the FA/Pundits, Linesman hate us" the grass was to long, short, fast, slow etc, etc etc. Now we can add " its the Wembley hoddoo".

Wembley has a footballing folklore air to it. Forget all the hullabaloo about Wembley and treat it as say London Stadium “west” just another football pitch we are renting!
On the face of it I have no problem with that, it sounds like good common sense.

Except it begs the question, how should we deal with the way other clubs are approaching their fixture against us at Wembley? Because there's little doubt that the aura of the venue is providing an added incentive for the visitors, a reason on its own to rack up the intensity of their game against us a few more notches.

So in treating Wembley like any other venue would we not be running the risk - at least to an extent - of playing into the hands of our opponents?

On the face of it I have no problem with that, it sounds like good common sense.

Except it begs the question, how should we deal with the way other clubs are approaching their fixture against us at Wembley? Because there's little doubt that the aura of the venue is providing an added incentive for the visitors, a reason on its own to rack up the intensity of their game against us a few more notches.

So in treating Wembley like any other venue would we not be running the risk - at least to an extent - of playing into the hands of our opponents?

Let them have the ball! We need to bring teams out! It’s like watching sheep dog trials. Us penning 10 player back in their defensive third. Look all I’m saying there is more than one to go about all this Wembley media flimflam!
We may need to think outside the box!

ipp

Indeed, technology can be a bastard.

To your belief/point...how many points has what you're suggesting he suffers from cost us? I just saw a statistic that we have now won the most premier league games over the last two seasons. I honestly just do not see what you're saying. Wth regards to today, he lost a player to the card, had a still-finding-his-feet CB, had no Dembele off the bench and we still managed to cross the line. With regards to the subs today, what would you suggest he should've done? Bring Tripps on at HT?

In clutch games, we more than not falter. Prime examples are Chelsea away in PL two seasons ago, Spam away in both the last two seasons and both semis under Poch. Our record against all the other top teams (except City) isn't great either.

While I admire Poch and think he has done great things for us, I still see there is some room for improvement. The two areas in particular that can be improved imo is his in-game management (including subs) and our dead ball conversion. Improve those two areas and hopefully we can start to win things rather than be perennial bridesmaids. It is these fine margins that can make all the difference imo.

At what point do West Ham fans take stock and realise we don’t view them as a rival and see them as nothing more than a complete joke? Crap team, crap owners, crap stadium, crap history and nasty, muggy fans. You would think they would be embarrassed that whilst they view us as their biggest scalp, they will never be higher than our 3rd biggest rival.
Some of their lot are actually beginning to realise that
Thekorean wrote:At what point do we admit Tottenham isn’t our rivals? They are so far ahead of us.

Can we stop making complete fools out of ourselves and admit we are not on their level and we are nothing but a joke to them?

I disagree with this. Burnley got battered and we simply failed to score a second goal that our play deserved. They then sucker punched us at the end. Against Chelsea we had most of the game. Swansea simply defended deep and in numbers, just as they did in our game in the latter part of last season. I don't rhink any team has 'raised their game' and I don't think we have played any differently to how we always do, we just haven't yet picked up the points our play deserved. It is just coincidence I think, nothing more.

Last edited:
I guess there are still SOME fans who will use Wembley as a excuse if we fail to match our form of last year, there has to be something to blame " the ref was brick" there goalkeeper had a worldie, " the FA/Pundits, Linesman hate us" the grass was to long, short, fast, slow etc, etc etc. Now we can add " its the Wembley hoddoo".

It's not Wembley per se but it is the fact that it's not WHL.

Our home form was our biggest advantage last season; now that advantage is gone.

A different pitch size may have an minor impact on team play but the fact that the the pitches at the training center have been resized to match will negate that, or it already has. It is just some grass and white lines at the end of the day.

In clutch games, we more than not falter. Prime examples are Chelsea away in PL two seasons ago, Spam away in both the last two seasons and both semis under Poch. Our record against all the other top teams (except City) isn't great either.

While I admire Poch and think he has done great things for us, I still see there is some room for improvement. The two areas in particular that can be improved imo is his in-game management (including subs) and our dead ball conversion. Improve those two areas and hopefully we can start to win things rather than be perennial bridesmaids. It is these fine margins that can make all the difference imo.

There is no doubt we are approaching the time when this side needs to win things. For me, next season is that moment. This season we need to survive in the top 4 and pick off a pot if possible. This is a season too soon in many ways - we all know one last season at the Lane and we'd be top. I personally think we have had some terrible luck in those semis...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back