• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Inter OMT ***

Adebayor... brick or not, he scored, this COULD just could give him confidence.

This. Also how many good positions did he get into only for people like Parker to give the ball away needlessly (didn't watch the whole match but from the parts I saw he was feeding off scraps...again...)

We desperately need to win against Fulham before the international break or we will start wondering if the Liverpool result was the equivalent of our 5-2 abbaration at the Emirates last February....

Started watching the match at the parents house in Wales. Gave up the ghost when the 3rd goal went in. Back home in Warrington now.
How the f#ck have managed to get through?

That was shades of Burnley away in the CC a few years ago. Told them all at work, history has proved, if there is one club that can blow a 3 goal cushion its f#ckin Spurs.

Seriously worried we really are a one-man team. We are lucky we are at home on Sunday, anybody away and we would be losing for sure, maybe home advantage might just see us home, but after 120mins football tonight I am not confident we can secure all 3 pts.

Mr Jol, we may need a little bit of a favour

Am I the only one who is dismayed to see a Tottenham back four advancing with arms raised a la Arsenal from the 80"s? I never liked it when Venables introduced it with Fenwick and I don't like it now!

That flat back four has been a Russian roulette all season and now teams seem to be sussing how easy it is to cut through us like a knife through hot butter.

It's not as if we need to play high up as we're so dependent on Bale to produce for us and we rarely break with pace as much this season preferring to play a slow, methodical passing game with minimal risk and Dembele usually choosing to go sideways or back rather than make a cutting pass. When we break with bale and Lennon we do have pace but their runs usually come from deep so why the high line?

So what are the benefits of this flat back four? In the 80's the likes of Lineker and Rush used to have a field day against these kinds of defences and that was in the days of level and you're off.

Can't see the point of it now, far too risky, we shed goals tonight and can't say it ain't been coming. We've been getting away with it and I think it's a pointless risk. AVB needs to adapt.

Someone explain to me what we get out of such a back four and why we play it? Makes no sense whatsoever unless Vertonghen pushes forward but we've played with a 5 man midfield for much of the season so can't see why that should make a difference.

But overall so much for making light of a poor Inter side. Who themselves lost on the same patch to a poor Bologna side on the weekend. Don't exactly make a compelling argument against those accusing us of being a one man team does it?

I don't think we are Dembele is good, Defoe is average mid-table good, Vertonghen is world class, Lennon is class, Dawson is worth his weight in gold and Loris is world class but take Bale
out and you do wonder where the attacking threat is gonna come from. These are the stone cold facts and that ain't negativity it's reality.

Last edited:
Started watching the match at the parents house in Wales. Gave up the ghost when the 3rd goal went in. Back home in Warrington now.
How the f#ck have managed to get through?

That was shades of Burnley away in the CC a few years ago. Told them all at work, history has proved, if there is one club that can blow a 3 goal cushion its f#ckin Spurs.

Seriously worried we really are a one-man team. We are lucky we are at home on Sunday, anybody away and we would be losing for sure, maybe home advantage might just see us home, but after 120mins football tonight I am not confident we can secure all 3 pts.

Mr Jol, we may need a little bit of a favour

Yep, nailed just how I see it.

Tottenham players were reportedly subjected to racist chants by Inter Milan supporters, who were also seen waving an inflatable banana, in Thursday night's UEFA Europa League game.

Spurs lost 4-1 after extra-time on the night but progressed to the quarter-finals on away goals after the tie finished 4-4 on aggregate.

However, much of the aftermath to the thrilling encounter will surround what action governing body UEFA will take against Inter after racism seemingly reared its ugly head.

Monkey chants appeared to be aimed at several Tottenham players, notably goalscorer Emmanuel Adebayor, while a fan was seen with an inflatable banana.

Do you "realy" believe that ?

He's had a shocker of a season but we aren't exactly well furnished up front, our strikers have NO FORM except for his goal tonight, play him, let him build the confidence he so obviously lacks.

That was close. But so was it in the last round. And we are still in the draw tomorrow. Brilliant.

I missed it due to commitments, but Jesus Christ. What on Earth happened? Did the Liverpool result sap every last bit of confidence out of us? Are the lads that mentally weak?

The fact we went through is utterly, utterly irrelevant. We were destroyed, if that score-line is any indication. So what happened?

Back