• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Women

Are Spurs women run as almost a separate business within Spurs?

Reports were suggesting that our Performance Director, Gretar Steinsson, is behind the Beth England move. Steinsson was brought in by Paratici and is part of his team. Paratici's responsibilities cover the women's and men's teams.

I have wondered whether Vio might be doing work with the women's team. I am friends with Caroline from the N17 Women pod and asked her whether she had heard anything, and she hadn't.

Reports were suggesting that our Performance Director, Gretar Steinsson, is behind the Beth England move. Steinsson was brought in by Paratici and is part of his team. Paratici's responsibilities cover the women's and men's teams.

I have wondered whether Vio might be doing work with the women's team. I am friends with Caroline from the N17 Women pod and asked her whether she had heard anything, and she hadn't.

Be interesting if there is a market opp here, if an expensive Women's player is £250K, really for the price of a youth player we could make a big difference to the team, is there a value to being the top women's team early as the game grows?

Be interesting if there is a market opp here, if an expensive Women's player is £250K, really for the price of a youth player we could make a big difference to the team, is there a value to being the top women's team early as the game grows?

We are playing catch up with the established best women's teams. I think that it is difficult to break into because the top four teams hoard the best players. It is particularly difficult with English players where very few playing for clubs outside the top four are getting international call ups

We are playing catch up with the established best women's teams. I think that it is difficult to break into because the top four teams hoard the best players. It is particularly difficult with English players where very few playing for clubs outside the top four are getting international call ups

Didn't United just start their women's team from scratch a few years ago? How did they get half the England squad? I assume they threw a load of money at wages, Does anyone know?

Beth England on the scoreboard, but another defeat today, this time to Villa.

Good job Leicester look rooted to the foot of the table.

Finally, a Japanese player at Spurs! She’s very good too.

Shame she’s tainted by time in N5.

She's come in on loan from Arsenal, according to the Beeb, for game time before the world cup.

I'm trying not to be bothered by this but it's embarrassing, I'm guessing there'd be outrage on here if it was the men's team who'd done the same.

She's come in on loan from Arsenal, according to the Beeb, for game time before the world cup.

I'm trying not to be bothered by this but it's embarrassing, I'm guessing there'd be outrage on here if it was the men's team who'd done the same.

It happened last season too - Viktoria Schnaderbeck joined on loan from Arsenal.

Women’s football isn’t the same as men’s football.

It happened last season too - Viktoria Schnaderbeck joined on loan from Arsenal.

Women’s football isn’t the same as men’s football.

So because something has happened before that makes it alright?

And okay thanks for advising that women's football is different to men's football, incredible, astounding insight, if only I'd thought about that.....................................

So because something has happened before that makes it alright?

And okay thanks for advising that women's football is different to men's football, incredible, astounding insight, if only I'd thought about that.....................................

You’re welcome

Anyway, back to the women's team...

Yes, it is a shame our women's team is not at a competitive level and are getting short term scraps from our main rivals (the rivalry is based on history + geography rather than gender, I bet that's mind-blowing for you to learn), which is not a good look whether it's our men's or ladies team at any age group.

We're miles off the Goons so their scraps will probably be better than our level.

Bottom of the table Leicester at home on Sunday, if they manage to lose that we'll be right in the brick :)

We're miles off the Goons so their scraps will probably be better than our level.

Bottom of the table Leicester at home on Sunday, if they manage to lose that we'll be right in the brick :)

I'm going to assume that your first sentence was in reference to the ladies team :eek: there is a clearer gap so I can't dispute it but the difference in football fans being bothered (or not bothered) of rivalries is interesting.

Tommy kindly let me know that women's football is different to men's football, it's essentially more grown up if they aren't actually bothered about tribalistic rivalries.

Good to see the ladies getting a win yesterday either way though, I want Spurs to be competitive on all fronts but it still doesn't seem dignified taking on loanees from Arsenal, whether they are miles ahead or not.

Back