• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City ***

Mate in future you have to believe and stop being so negative. You and Diego both suffer from this.

I'll try next time mate.
Hopefully Ade is ok, good cameo from Townsend. Parker back. Bale hopfully back soon. Sandro and Dembele simply immense.
Gallas and Verts good. Lennon and Defoe a little wasteful for me

With Parker, Assou-Ekotto and Kaboul all back in full match contention soon, the signs are promising considering where we are now.

Very good point. We are in contention despite Ade, Kaboul, Ekotto, Parker, Dembele being out for long periods.
Let's hope we finish the season stronger than last year.

Townsend: "When I got a chance I was desperate to impress the manager. I think I did that today. I'm delighted. Manager told me to get on the ball & make an impact. Massive week, especially after last week. Great win."

Andre: "It would have been difficult to accept if we hadn't won. We kept the ball and we kept pressing. We played extremely well. The pressing game is difficult as you have to put yourself on the line for the team. We did that very well today. They are good at moving the ball. They don't just lump it, we worked hard and deserved the win"

Townsend: "When I got a chance I was desperate to impress the manager. I think I did that today. I'm delighted. Manager told me to get on the ball & make an impact. Massive week, especially after last week. Great win."

he did well. impressed with him and that quote speaks volumes for avb's man management skills.

Andre: "It would have been difficult to accept if we hadn't won. We kept the ball and we kept pressing. We played extremely well. The pressing game is difficult as you have to put yourself on the line for the team. We did that very well today. They are good at moving the ball. They don't just lump it, we worked hard and deserved the win"

they had ZERO shots on target.

Townsend going to be a good replacement for Lennon soon

Have to say I may be eating some humble pie re Townsend, who did play well when he came on. I've always seen him as a Championship level player not Premier League but he looked sharp today.

Total shots: 29-3
On target: 8-0
Off target: 9-3
Blocked: 12-0

Offsides: 1-5
Fouls: 13-8
Corners: 9-3
Throw ins: 13-22
Dribbles: 4-3
Tackles: 19-19
Pass success: 89%-81%
Aerial success: 52%-48%
Possession: 50%-50%

Full credit to Swansea for making life difficult for us, but once we scored there was only going to be a Spurs win.

We looked far more likely to add more goals than Swansea were of getting an equaliser.

Every player today played his part for Spurs.

Townsend going to be a good replacement for Lennon soon

Have to say I may be eating some humble pie re Townsend, who did play well when he came on. I've always seen him as a Championship level player not Premier League but he looked sharp today.

Is that the first time you've been impressed with him? He has had a few good cameo appearances. Hasn't featured of late, good to see him back...

"I was very angry," Laudrup told Sky Sports. "I didn't ask for a free-kick or a penalty but if someone falls down like that, with a head injury, then there's only one thing to do - the referee has to blow the whistle.

"I looked at him when Michu goes down - the referee's watching him, the linesman's watching him and still they let the play carry on. That was poor refereeing.

"Michu seems ok, he's still a little (dazed). Luckily it wasn't serious so I'm happy about that but I'm still angry about the decision."

Laudrup's side have lost consecutive Premier League games after a previous seven-match unbeaten run but the Dane took positives from his team's performance.

"We knew it was a very good team, we knew the first half would be more difficult than the second and that was how it went," he added. "Even if we didn't play at our best, away to Tottenham, against a very good team, we were there until the last second.

"I'm still quite pleased with what I saw today. There are different ways of losing - I never like to lose, it's zero points - but I think the players did well.

"We just missed the last 10 per cent in the attacking half but we still created four or five chances."

"I was very angry," Laudrup told Sky Sports. "I didn't ask for a free-kick or a penalty but if someone falls down like that, with a head injury, then there's only one thing to do - the referee has to blow the whistle.

"I looked at him when Michu goes down - the referee's watching him, the linesman's watching him and still they let the play carry on. That was poor refereeing.

"Michu seems ok, he's still a little (dazed). Luckily it wasn't serious so I'm happy about that but I'm still angry about the decision."

Laudrup's side have lost consecutive Premier League games after a previous seven-match unbeaten run but the Dane took positives from his team's performance.

"We knew it was a very good team, we knew the first half would be more difficult than the second and that was how it went," he added. "Even if we didn't play at our best, away to Tottenham, against a very good team, we were there until the last second.

"I'm still quite pleased with what I saw today. There are different ways of losing - I never like to lose, it's zero points - but I think the players did well.

"We just missed the last 10 per cent in the attacking half but we still created four or five chances."

Think Laudrup is spot on there. I like him as a manager.

I thought Gallas was good but Swansea really didn't come to do anything other than pinch something on the break. What a negative side! Reminded me of Wolves but better technically.

Interesting to see AVB make the switch at CB and bring Verts in to his natural position; he really is excellent there.

I felt we were very unlucky last weekend, desperately unlucky that one mistake cost us the match, and it's nice to see that (as we know) AVB directly addresses situations and as such we shut down higher up the pitch and thus kept the panic stations to the last three mins when Swansea started lumping it around in hope that someone could get on the end of it.

Lloris finally got the clean sheet I think he deserved for WHU at home and last weekend, and he had to earn it. Great punch that. I was actually pretty tinkled off at some of the drama and play-acting from Swansea, specifically Flores, who made a 4 course meal out of Defoe's challenge and then started throwing his handbag around after the Lloris/Michu clash.

For me, we actually looked a little BETTER once Ade went off (?) be interested if others agreed, and there is no doubt at all that Townshend's bit of pace opened things up. I wonder if he was put on the right to keep him honest (????) or to counter a perceived threat from Swansea? Be interested to hear about that...

A fine win.

COYS

I thought Gallas was good but Swansea really didn't come to do anything other than pinch something on the break. What a negative side! Reminded me of Wolves but better technically.

Interesting to see AVB make the switch at CB and bring Verts in to his natural position; he really is excellent there.

I felt we were very unlucky last weekend, desperately unlucky that one mistake cost us the match, and it's nice to see that (as we know) AVB directly addresses situations and as such we shut down higher up the pitch and thus kept the panic stations to the last three mins when Swansea started lumping it around in hope that someone could get on the end of it.

Lloris finally got the clean sheet I think he deserved for WHU at home and last weekend, and he had to earn it. Great punch that. I was actually pretty tinkled off at some of the drama and play-acting from Swansea, specifically Flores, who made a 4 course meal out of Defoe's challenge and then started throwing his handbag around after the Lloris/Michu clash.

For me, we actually looked a little BETTER once Ade went off (?) be interested if others agreed, and there is no doubt at all that Townshend's bit of pace opened things up. I wonder if he was put on the right to keep him honest (????) or to counter a perceived threat from Swansea? Be interested to hear about that...

A fine win.

COYS

Agreed, but no reflection on Adebayor who had one of his better games.
4231 looked better than 442 in that situation is all.

As for Townsend I reckon AVB didnt want Naughton and Townsend on the same side as they could be vulnerable.
Lennon did a lot of work defensively in front of Naughton at the end.

Last edited:
Total shots: 29-3
On target: 8-0
Off target: 9-3
Blocked: 12-0

Offsides: 1-5
Fouls: 13-8
Corners: 9-3
Throw ins: 13-22
Dribbles: 4-3
Tackles: 19-19
Pass success: 89%-81%
Aerial success: 52%-48%
Possession: 50%-50%

We spent the entire game in their half, with the ball... I would imagine possession was more like 75:25 and I'm being generous to the "pass masters" of Swansea, who are the most negative team I can remember.

Totally different prospect next - Stoke will be lumping it into the mixer and hoping our fragile Frenchies don't like it up 'em

Aparently Kyle Walkers shot at the 38 minute mark of the first half, was one of the hardest shots ever recorded. Was mesured at 141 km/h.... The keeper didn't have time to put his hands up at a shot from 25/30 yards out!

Aparently Kyle Walkers shot at the 38 minute mark of the first half, was one of the hardest shots ever recorded. Was mesured at 141 km/h.... The keeper didn't have time to put his hands up at a shot from 25/30 yards out!

Makes sense, I couldn't believe how fast it travelled.

If he hits it any harder it will probably burst en route to the goal and swerve into the net, flat.

We spent the entire game in their half, with the ball... I would imagine possession was more like 75:25 and I'm being generous to the "pass masters" of Swansea, who are the most negative team I can remember.

Totally different prospect next - Stoke will be lumping it into the mixer and hoping our fragile Frenchies don't like it up 'em

It did look like we dominated possession but according to Sky Sports it was 52.8/47.2% in first half and 46.2/53.8% in the second :-k

Back