• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Swansea City OMT ***

Chelsea look like you could throw a hundred balls in the box and they would not break a sweat. As soon as one drops in our our guys just panic.

Have we tried Dier and Fazio? or is Verts undroppable? he is not playing well.

To be honest most teams in world football look like clowns defensively with a ball fired into the box. Its only certain teams or rather managers who spend ages with their defenders on the training pitch about dealing with the ball in the air and defending. I've seen comedy defending from Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Southampton, pretty much everyone. I think Chelsea and West Ham are the best at defending the ball fired into the box, but then even then I look at West Ham versus Palace and they were all over the shop and Chelsea looked completely clueless against us defensively at WHL and panicked every time we went forward.

I just think modern top flight football is so technically and physically perfected and the pace is so fast that the art of defending tactically and calmly is dying in favour of instinctive blocks and lunges and high energy pressing high up the pitch to prevent the attacks coming in the first place.

As I postulated at the start of this thread, is it time to go with three centre backs? Clearly two isn't working. No matter which two we play.

Our whole philosophy is based on high risk, high reward.

We will never look totally comfortable at the back. Our CMs will make several passes a game that are intercepted. And our AMs will keep shooting from distance.

But it is calculated, and we will keep getting better results than if we were conservative (or turgid as it became known).

What a feckin effort and bare in mind these were the kids that just lost a cup final...

We were awesome! Yes we made a lot of mistakes but we were huuuuge!

I love this young side, sooo much potential and so much effort...

Seriously - COYS

COME ON! YOUNG SPURS!
THFC Young Boys!

Other than injury time. I loved the second half, thought we were brilliant. Well done lads.

Yeah. Our collective passing and movement is becoming the best I remember since the 1990-1 Gascoigne/Samways/Nayim/Stewart/Allen midfield

Why do we always have to make it so fudging difficult for ourselves? Incapable of winning by more than 1 goal.

Why do we always have to make it so fudgeing difficult for ourselves? Incapable of winning by more than 1 goal.

I don't think that really matters. We are winning these games, which is key. Any more than 1 goal is wasted energy!

Poch clearly isn't happy with his options in there, and this summer we will see an addition of that nature I believe...

I'm not sure we need to, with Alli, Winks and maybe Carroll coming into the mix. Hopefully one of them will be able to be a better Mason understudy than Paulinho

Big 3 points. It was always going to be difficult after the crushing week we had, so to come out and score three times and grab the points was big. Proud of our boys tonight! Onward and upward, another 3 points on Saturday and we are right back in the mix. COYS

So, who do you bring on when you need a goal? Not that fusking pimhole Soldado, he will just hide and shirk responsibility. He doesn't deserve to be on the pitch, same as Townsend. We just don't have a goalscorer to bring on, shame we don't have Patinkle Cisse or Demba Ba or someone like that.
Patinkle Cisse? Lol!

Im still worried about Bentaleb he seems to get a knock on about 70mins every game and then hobbles (slight exaggeration) through! Really need to find a way of reducing his workload - trouble is he really is key

Im still worried about Bentaleb he seems to get a knock on about 70mins every game and then hobbles (slight exaggeration) through! Really need to find a way of reducing his workload - trouble is he really is key

Stambouli covered his ACN absence well. We need to use him more IMO.

That was also our last midweek game of the season. So the run-in now should be much easier on bodies.

The win against Swansea means that Spurs are still 6 points up on their identical matches played last season.

We won 9 of the 11 remaining fixtures last season with an away draw at Everton and a home defeat to Emirates Marketing Project the only chances to add to those 6 extra points gained.

So despite a rather disappointing season, it could well turn-out to be one where Spurs set a new club Premier League points record.

Funny old game, football.

Back