• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Swansea City OMT ***

Good game to watch. We have been by far the better side, quicker to the ball, really good tempo. Problem is the lack of composure around the box and the want to shoot at every given moment. Our approach play can be lovely at times and then we take a little too long to get the ball into areas that will really do damage, primarily at the feet of Kane and Eriksen.

Credit Swansea. A competent premier league side who aren't pushovers. It feels a little Fiorentina (home leg) again where we threatened to blow them out the water. But their leveller came at a perfect time for them and then that gives them belief in their original plan to stay compact and not come apart at the seams. We need some patience.

I was a little frustrated with Townsend and at times Walker. They for me are the two players who hold the ball or take a touch too many on nearly every occasion. Everyone else is shifting it nicely and playing the obvious short passes.

All in all that was a good half. Shame about the score line. Need to be a bit more patient and decisive when attacking.

Lamela for Townsend at HT.
a. This game isn't about pace and high tempo.
b. This game isn't about long-range shooting, because probably about 70% of our shots were blocked.
c. We need some additional brains in attacking third.
d. They give our attacking players enough space, so it should be easier for Lamela, because he often looses ball when being pressed.
e. He is 23 today and should do something useful as a present for himself and Spurs fans.

Love you enthusiasm but Lamela will do no better than Townsend. They are both brick.

No idea why we sold Siggi. I didn't want him to leave. Likewise, I never wanted Holtby or Sandro to go. Interesting dealings. :(

Siggi wanted first team football, and lets be honest he struggled at Spurs for whatever reason, Holtby was the same and Sandro sadly is very injury prone, and we're not talking short injuries so cashing in made sense, plus he clearly had issues with Sherwood during his reign and who knows how far up the ladder that went.

Jesus, Townsend is so so poor. I mean how many chances does a mediocre player deserve ??

I mean is there for example anyone on this forum that thinks Townsend is a good player ??? I mean Poch have eyes don't he ??

Lamela hasn't exactly set the world on fire , but atleast you can see something in him. Townsend reminds me of Jenas, not the same player, but english "youngish" has a great game once a decade and gets alot of gametime even though he is mediocre .

So, who do you bring on when you need a goal? Not that fusking pimhole Soldado, he will just hide and shirk responsibility. He doesn't deserve to be on the pitch, same as Townsend. We just don't have a goalscorer to bring on, shame we don't have Patinkle Cisse or Demba Ba or someone like that.

Love you enthusiasm but Lamela will do no better than Townsend. They are both crud.
I suppose this is exactly the kind of the game where Lamela will feel himself really comfortable and will be able to give some end product for Kane/Chadli.

Good game to watch. We have been by far the better side, quicker to the ball, really good tempo. Problem is the lack of composure around the box and the want to shoot at every given moment. Our approach play can be lovely at times and then we take a little too long to get the ball into areas that will really do damage, primarily at the feet of Kane and Eriksen.

Credit Swansea. A competent premier league side who aren't pushovers. It feels a little Fiorentina (home leg) again where we threatened to blow them out the water. But their leveller came at a perfect time for them and then that gives them belief in their original plan to stay compact and not come apart at the seams. We need some patience.

I was a little frustrated with Townsend and at times Walker. They for me are the two players who hold the ball or take a touch too many on nearly every occasion. Everyone else is shifting it nicely and playing the obvious short passes.

All in all that was a good half. Shame about the score line. Need to be a bit more patient and decisive when attacking.

Thanks for that summary. I was wondering what Walker was doing as I hadn't heard his name mentioned in the OMT that half. It seems like our right side isn't functioning at all. Need to address this. is Lamela the answer though?

Thanks for that summary. I was wondering what Walker was doing as I hadn't heard his name mentioned in the OMT that half. It seems like our right side isn't functioning at all. Need to address this. is Lamela the answer though?
It's not completely awful. A lot of our football has gone through that side. I mean the only thing truly separating the right and left is Rose's excellent cross for the goal. In fact more has come down the right, I think we have more creativity on the left with Eriksen and Chadli interchanging. I really think Lamela can give us a spark on that right side. Sure he has terrible games occasionally but he has something in his locker no one else does.

Back