• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland OMT like ***

Hold my hands up. Subs made a big difference, Townsend dangerous, but lamela looked absolutely excellent. With eriksen injured lets play him in the number 10 again.

Best game from mason. Looked knackered early in the second half but got stronger and stronger before the injury.

Kane's performance is terrifying though.

really good to see you post that!

Yeah subs made a big difference....Lamela's pass was sublime....come to think about it the 14 before were not bad either!!!!

GHod it feels good to get the win!

Ha! Lamela and Townsend are 2 players I would not have been sorry to see go during the transfer window, but we looked much more threatening when they came on. I especially liked Townsend going on the outside and standing up some excellent crosses. Makes a change from cutting inside onto his lefttty foot and blasting it into row z. Also Dier looked good today. Still some improvement needed after a pretty average performance. Still onwards and upwards now.

It's a funny old game, as they say. Our worst performance of the season, but our first win. That was the most important thing today, even though the performance was slightly worrying. Shockingly, our substitutes, considering they were Townsend and Lamela, made a positive impact. Lamela with a lovely assist and Townsend did well and should have had an assist. I wasn't happy about Lamela coming on for Alli, who I thought was amongst the most likely to create something for us, but it worked out this time. And our goal was actually a superb attack. Well worked out between Mason, Lane and Lamela.

We started dominate around he 70th minute and got our reward for that. Once again we were under all kinds of pressure shortly after our goal though.

Dier deserves credit for his defensive work, Vertonghen had a very good second half, Walker did alright and Alli had his moments. Mason also finally got his reward for actually making runs positive runs into the box.

Did you? I'm not totally surprised you say that for some reason.. Lol

Did you watch the game? You prob wouldn't need to ask the question if you did.

i saw it flash up in the top corner. I watched it on a foreign river, it said 71-29 in Sunderlands favour.......maybe it was a short spell or something

Positives:

Mason
Dier
Lamela
Townsend
Back 5
3 points

Negatives:

We were out played by Sunderland!!! Should have had a penalty and hit the woodwork twice.
Kane needs a rest (but we have no alternatives)
Son was poor, weak, hope he picks up.
chadli was anonymous till late in the game

Great result, average performance.

Very disappointed that Poch did not start Son on the left- Chadli should be dropped, Son on the left Andros on the right, Chadli as an option to come on.

Still early days Poch has to work out what his best team is and for GHod sake get some creativity- not scoring goals when your creating is bad but not scoring and not creating is a very bad thing!

Still well done lads, first 3 pointer- hopefully more to come!

Positives:

Mason
Dier
Lamela
Townsend
Back 5
3 points

Negatives:

We were out played by Sunderland!!! Should have had a penalty and hit the woodwork twice.

I don't think we was outplayed - up until the goal it was a fairly even scrappy game, with the only real chance going to Sunderland, we could have had a penalty ourselves with a defender all over Vertonghen at a corner which they pointed out on NBC after the game. After the subs we were the better side and had a few chances to double the lead

Positives

3 points
No goals conceded
Another bricky away forums done and dusted
Dier showing a really composure and comfort playing on what we assume is a new position
Mason trying to dictate the show and sometimes coming off sometimes failing but still plugging away
Subs making a really strong impact

Negatives
Toby and Chadli looked really poor for me. Toby seemed to struggle against a. Mobile forwArd so we need to think about that when playing those players
Chadli was a really waste in front of goal. Tardy with his timing and generally spanking his shots
Kane keeps on plugging away but needs to play it's simpler and the league goals will come. He did as ever lead the line well though
Verts. Best game in a while for me

Positives:

Mason
Dier
Lamela
Townsend
Back 5
3 points

Negatives:

Agree - if we hadn't of got the goal I think there would have been a meltdown from some. I fear this is going to be a very long season, ESP after xmas when the games come thick and fast

Reactions: DTA
COyuhpGWoAIAMjk.png

:eek:

Nice to finally get 3 points!

Positives from today;
Dier was boss.
Verts played well.
Mason & the goal in general.
Nice to see Poch subs actually have a positive affect.

Negatives.
Wastefulness
Chadli - see above
Kane - see above
Dealing with pace.
Son - was hoping for a little more. Townsend looked much brighter.

Great winning goal today, Mason deserved that for his overall performance. Hope his injury ain't too bad.

Dier is growing into the DM role nicely.

Subs were good, both played well and had an excellent impact. We should keep using them in this way imo. They look better against tired opposition.

Back