• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland OMT like ***

Id leave chadli up top ... he can hold on to the ball pretty well. And have him lay off to son, ali or whoever puts in the effort to follow up

Walker has been a threat. We should have had a blatant penalty. Chadli has been a ghost yet again. Son hasn't got involved. Alli has looked good in spells. Dier is covering well, Masons passing has been dreadful. Davies is dreadful. Alderweireld has been very poor too.

I'd get Rose on for Davies. Drop Alli into central midfield alongside Dier.
If anything, that was an obstruction, and thus should have been an indirect free kick.

Same old problems. No width except when the full backs are pushed up and then we are super vulnerable.
Struggling because we have no real creative players. Our two wide players are goalscorers but don't create. Neither do enough to get the ball back. They will be the first two subbed off.

Someone reassure me that if and when Poch finally gets us playing better and the wins start coming that we will actually be, not even exciting, but simply even "interesting" to watch.

I find myself almost forcing myself to watch us. Shifting around in my seat waiting for halftime so i can go and do something else more interesting for 15mins isn't what hooked me on Tottenham as a boy.

Hesitant, lacking confidence, lots of new players. Sunderland out to stop us playing and doing well.

Hope we can get more rhythm 2nd half. Is Dembele on the bench, he could ride some challenges and draw them in, creating space.

Son has given the ball away every time he has received it. Could see him getting tugged at half time. For who though is anyones guess.

Kane is too greedy

Alli has surprised me and looks great - basically the player Jenas should have been.

We look shaky at the back - ESP anderweilder and davies

If I was lloris I would want out of this heap of brick

That was a very poor half. The worst we've played this season for sure. Luckily, Defoe let us off the hook at least. He needed to come up against a Tottenham-defence to finally beat a man for pace over a longer distance, it seems.

We have created next to nothing. Slow build-up, no creativity, no movement, too narrow, seemingly no energy in the team. Sometimes I wonder if we train too hard during the week. When matchdays come, we are sluggish and second best to 50/50 balls. We are also very vulnerable to teh counter-attack today. Something is wrong with the balance when we go forward and Sunderland gets lots of space to break in, which happens a lot because we lose possession very often trying to force everything through the middle.

Dier has had some important defensive actions and has been our best player. Chadli has again been our most encouraging player going forward. Alderweireld is slower than I thought.

I thought Son looked good. Just team not looking settled or sure. A very young team. Oh for a leader in the middle. We miss Eriksen.

What did Alli do apart from that early nutmeg that are making people him say he looked great?

Not trying to knock him, just genuinely curious - I thought he was average at best.

Son has given the ball away every time he has received it. Could see him getting tugged at half time. For who though is anyones guess.

Kane is too greedy

Alli has surprised me and looks great - basically the player Jenas should have been.

We look shaky at the back - ESP anderweilder and davies

If I was lloris I would want out of this heap of ****
Lloris' performance in this match is nothing to write home about either.

Son has done alright imo. I wouldn't pick one player who has been poor. The problem is we aren't playing as a team.

Someone reassure me that if and when Poch finally gets us playing better and the wins start coming that we will actually be, not even exciting, but simply even "interesting" to watch.

I find myself almost forcing myself to watch us. Shifting around in my seat waiting for halftime so i can go and do something else more interesting for 15mins isn't what hooked me on Tottenham as a boy.
Every team has halves where things aren't clicking. We've played better more than we've played average in the past four games, so don't jump the gun based on one half of football.

It's definitely a worrying time at the moment.

There's no shape, no pace and a seeming lack of creativity. All that results in the less than average displays we've witnessed recently. I'm actually not sure how Poch can turn things around, not just in this game but for the rest of the season. Unless Njie turns out to be the missing piece.

Back