• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Stevenage OMT *

Though it looks like we've lost Dawson long-term, which is worrying. King won't last forever, and Nelsen isn't entirely convincing to me. Hope the mystery surrounding Gallas' injury is cleared up and we know exactly how long he's out for.

We made hard work of that, but at the end of the day we are 90mins from a Wembley semi.

Downside has to be Dawson out for the season, although Gallas back at the right time is a help. Hopefully, Lennon went off as a precaution, back in time for Bolton?

Forward pass wise, Parker isn't exemplary. It's true, Livermore does a better job of releasing the ball early, but has a tendency to get too close to a player when closing them down, which leaves gaps behind him. If he fills in that bit of his game (Which he is fully capable of doing) I'd say he'd be on the same level, ability wise, as Parker. But Parker's got something Livermore hasn't got yet; experience, and the leadership skills that come with it. That should see him start for at least another season or so, imo.
Dubai i'm not arguing for the sake or arguing but I see it differently. Parker dives in most of the time and that leads to three possible outcomes, him on a yellow, a good tackle or him on the deck whilst the opposition are free to waltz pass our midfield into our box. Livermore stays tight and stays on his feet against his man which limits the possibilites. Defensively I would say they are equal, parker's anticipation at clearances from balls into danger areas is better whilst livermore is brilliant at Anchoring and protecting the space in front of the defence from on coming attackers (partly due to his athleticism); with the ball Livermore is miles further. I believe that there is a massive onus on deep lying DMs to bring the ball from defence into midfield to gain the territorial advantage; parker does not do this well and as a whole we play deeper and our build up play is slower unless we are on the break.

Messi is phenomenal. But we knew that already. He's a cross between Gianni Riviera and Diego Maradona. But we knew that already. He's scored more than 200 goals in five seasons. But we knew that already.

And he's just 24.

But we knew that already.

Enjoy the sight of this lad playing, fellas, because there won't be another player like him for a long, long time.

you have started hobyhorsing your Livermore eulogies without trying to understand the point you are condemning.

are you related to him? Livermore is not as good or influential as either Parker or Ukelele. Parker creates space to play the game he does, Livermore plays in the space he has. They are different players, and whils JL has made fantastic strides, he is not the complete or finished article your recent posts appear that you are suggesting he is.

IMHO

Good post. Parker never stops moving to receive the ball. He just gives and goes and gives and goes all game. He just keeps things ticking along and is a massive reason why this season we are playing a short patient passing game. He isn't creative, but in our strongest team he doesn't have to be as that's Modric's, Lennon's, Bale's and VDV's job.

I think Lennon forced the issue by going to ground.....think he'll be alright [-o<

Amazing how good win feels right now, dont care who it against

Dubai i'm not arguing for the sake or arguing but I see it differently. Parker dives in most of the time and that leads to three possible outcomes, him on a yellow, a good tackle or him on the deck whilst the opposition are free to waltz pass our midfield into our box. Livermore stays tight and stays on his feet against his man which limits the possibilites. Defensively I would say they are equal, parker's anticipation at clearances from balls into danger areas is better whilst livermore is brilliant at Anchoring and protecting the space in front of the defence from on coming attackers (partly due to his athleticism); with the ball Livermore is miles further. I believe that there is a massive onus on deep lying DMs to bring the ball from defence into midfield to gain the territorial advantage; parker does not do this well and as a whole we play deeper and our build up play is slower unless we are on the break.

:lol: Funniest thing I've read on here for a LONG time!!

Messi is phenomenal. But we knew that already. He's a cross between Gianni Riviera and Diego Maradona. But we knew that already. He's scored more than 200 goals in five seasons. But we knew that already.

And he's just 24.

Enjoy the sight of this lad playing, fellas, because there won't be another player like him for a long, long time.

This is the OMT for Spurs v Stevenage

And he's just 24.

Luis Suarez?

Good post. Parker never stops moving to receive the ball. He just gives and goes and gives and goes all game. He just keeps things ticking along and is a massive reason why this season we are playing a short patient passing game. He isn't creative, but in our strongest team he doesn't have to be as that's Modric's, Lennon's, Bale's and VDV's job.

Bingo.

Now try telling Punk that :tumbleweed:

you have started hobyhorsing your Livermore eulogies without trying to understand the point you are condemning.

are you related to him? Livermore is not as good or influential as either Parker or Ukelele. Parker creates space to play the game he does, Livermore plays in the space he has. They are different players, and whils JL has made fantastic strides, he is not the complete or finished article your recent posts appear that you are suggesting he is.

IMHO

So according to a few i'm related to both Hudd and Livermore; could have saved a fair few on tickets if they were.

On the weekend Livermore created a lot of space out of tight situations on the weekend partly due to the fact that he can turn on the ball to face forward. Parker playing one two's with the centrebacks is not that good creating space nor is the spinny thing he does; this only invites pressure and allows the opposition to push up. Im not saying that Livermore is the complete player but he actually allows the team to flourish due to his positional discipline and his ability to be on the same tactical and creative wavelength as Modric, Rafa, Adebayor etc. Parker running around losing space and dragging our team deep doesn't allow us to do that. Parker may have leadership ability, but I saw nothing of that in the Arsenal game; we may have had Sir Clive Woodward there for his psychological boosts and he would have done as much as Parker did in that game. I would rather play Livermore than Parker if we needed a dedicated holder.

So according to a few i'm related to both Hudd and Livermore; could have saved a fair few on tickets if they were.

On the weekend Livermore created a lot of space out of tight situations on the weekend partly due to the fact that he can turn on the ball to face forward. Parker playing one two's with the centrebacks is not that good creating space nor is the spinny thing he does; this only invites pressure and allows the opposition to push up. Im not saying that Livermore is the complete player but he actually allows the team to flourish due to his positional discipline and his ability to be on the same tactical and creative wavelength as Modric, Rafa, Adebayor etc. Parker running around losing space and dragging our team deep doesn't allow us to do that. Parker may have leadership ability, but I saw nothing of that in the Arsenal game; we may have had Sir Clive Woodward there for his psychological boosts and he would have done as much as Parker did in that game. I would rather play Livermore than Parker if we needed a dedicated holder.

Livermore is also more wasteful on the ball, with an inferior first touch (massively so actually). If you're right, then Livermore will be at the Euro's and Parker won't be. My guess is that you'll be proven wrong.

I actually see the point you're making here, but think you may have over-simplified it.

Ultimately, Parker isn't as prone to the "bad ball" that Jake is still prone to, so on that basis alone parker still has the upper hand.
But I see Livermore developing, possibly under parkers guidance.

Back