• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol OMT ***

We really must start the game at a high tempo, especially at home.
If we can score early and keep the pressure up this game should be straight-forward, but Sherriff have someting about them so we shouldn't take them too lightly.

That said I really don't want a full strength team out so i would go with:

Friedel
Walker, Kaboul, Chiriches, Naughton
Capoue, Holtby
Lamela, Erikson, Siggy
Defoe

I think that's a pretty good team - bring Verts on for Kaboom if needs be, Moussa for Capoue after 60 miins, Lennon for Lamela - it should have goals and creativity in it. Pauly needs a break desperately as does Moouse as does Walker, but with no effective full back cover he to me is the fittest of our full backs so has to play.

COYS 3-1 lamela and Defoe x2

I disagree. If were going to base our play on a methodical and patient build up, then that's exactly how we should approach this game. We need to bed in our 'plan A' irrespective of the opposition. There is absolutely nothing to gain in looking at this game in isolation: it needs to be part of the bigger picture (I hope) we are trying to achieve and should be used as another stepping stone in integrating new star signings as well as our fundamental system.

I posted this on the 'other clubs and games' thread to bring up a point in another discussion, but duplicating it here since it's relevant to what AVB is trying to establish with his approach to EL play.

Like all good Spurs fans, you should have UEFA's competition regulations for Europa League memorised by now. Highly unlikely we'll meet Dortmund in the next round if we win our group.

The 12 group winners plus the four top ranked CL third placed teams go in one pot. The other pot features the 12 group runners-up and the four lowest-ranked CL drop-down teams. At this point, Dortmund -or Napoli - look likely to be one(if not the best) of the top four drop-down clubs.

Might not be bad to play them, though, with sulky, wantaway Lewandowski eager to leave on the asap. They might recoup some decent cash selling him in January.

BTW, our UEFA co-efficient ranking is 19th overall, with several clubs above us - Inter, Lyon, Marseille, CSKA - all due to lose a big number when their 09-10 earnings are dropped from their points equations. Valencia is also above us but a non-factor.

Steaming up right behind us are PSG. City and Juve could add some decent points and pass us if they advance very far and we go out early after group stage play.

Liverpool lose 24.585 points next year and could drop out of the top 50.

We will only lose 3.585 points when 09-10's numbers drop. So these unheralded achievements in EL are, little by little, doing us a service that should see us end up as a second seed when next year's CL group-stage draw is made.

Last edited:
The 2009-10 coefficient points will still be taken into consideration for next year's UEFA competition draws. 2009-10 will drop out and be replaced with the points earned in 2014-15 to determine the ranking for 2015-16.

Soldado should plat tonight. We don't want Defoe scoring twice against a nobody to throw more cats amongst the pigeons. We need Soldado integrated and scoring.

Agreed. I'd like to see Roberto link up with Eriksen plus Lamela tonight and score a hat-trick so they'll all be on the same wavelength and full of confidence for our next league game.

Agreed. I'd like to see Roberto link up with Eriksen plus Lamela tonight and score a hat-trick so they'll all be on the same wavelength and full of confidence for our next league game.

Agreed - We know Defoe will smash them in against Cup teams, he's done this his full career, we need Soldado/Lamela to get goals, get the media monkey off their back a bit.

Would be very tempted to give Soldado 60 mins, then let JD get some time to go for record at end.

Brad

Walker (If naughton is not fit)
Dawson
Vlad
Verts

Capoue
Dembele

Lamela
Eriksen
Sig

Defoe

I disagree. If were going to base our play on a methodical and patient build up, then that's exactly how we should approach this game. We need to bed in our 'plan A' irrespective of the opposition. There is absolutely nothing to gain in looking at this game in isolation: it needs to be part of the bigger picture (I hope) we are trying to achieve and should be used as another stepping stone in integrating new star signings as well as our fundamental system.

I agree

Tottenham Hotspur v Sheriff Tiraspol

P0364_zps288db442.png

Back