• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg OMT **

Heavy snow due from midnight. If it changes and comes in earlier could be an issue if the game goes to extra time / penalties.

I have browsed a couple of Sheffield Utd forums and at least 95% of them think they are off to Wembley.

Must be that dirty northern air

My team for tonight would be:

Vorm (last chance saloon for him!)

Walker -- Dier -- Verts -- Rose

Stambouli -- Mason

Townsend -- Kane -- Eriksen

Soldado​

COYS!

Heavy snow due from midnight. If it changes and comes in earlier could be an issue if the game goes to extra time / penalties.

Yes it is. From midnite. However.....

Its sleeting/snowing now and has been, on and off, for the last few hours. I am 700ft higher than the town centre, 3 miles away, to the centre west. Towards the Pennines. That makes a big difference with snow.

It is now just starting to lay on the ground here. Slowly. Buts its only 2.10PM.

Sheffield has to be the worst city in England for snow. Don't I know it!

Fingers crossed that Vorm doesn't make another late gaffe like Saturday, although he is far from solely culpable for our recent inability to keep a clean sheet.

Would be nice to see the Fazio & Vertonghen partnership back together, although Dier has looking decent at CB when he's been given the chance; unlike Kaboul who will hopefully be nowhere near the first team.

Well I think we are in for one hell of a ride later I really do. Either this will make warriors of some of our young squad and knit them closer together or all our frailties will be ruthlessly exposed by a hard working decent Blades side.

I think the longer it stays 0-0 the better for them as the tension will be hard for us....I don't expect them to fly at us early doors...I don't think things will open up until the second half....Ideal scenario is we grab an early goal...worst case they do.

we simply have to score and I think that will do for them!

Difficult game tonight....lose and Merson & Media will have a field day....Win and we have only done whats expected but made hard work for it.

I just hope if it does all go belly up then many of us will give the blades the credit they deserve rather than lamenting on our own shortcomings.

Ideally we should be able to score tonight and get the job done....but all my experiences as a spurs fan are telling me this is going to be one testing night.

Amen to all fellow Spurs brothers...into the cauldron we go for better for worse!

COYS!

Vorm has been a bit unlucky to be honest. He made a horrendous mistake but also made two incredible stops in the first half of that game. He's a good keeper. He's not Lloris but one of the best Number 2's around I would imagine.

Very worried. The type of conditions the old Spurs didn't like, a cold midweek night 'up north' If they score first...dont panic

Very worried. The type of conditions the old Spurs didn't like, a cold midweek night 'up north' If they score first...dont panic
I fully expect them to score first. Almost better than a last minute turnaround like against Leicester.

We will always play to do just enough. Twice I remember carrying handsome leads from the first leg by 3 goals, Burnley and Inter. We lost both games by 3 goals in the return (after 90). It's like we know we got 3 goals to play with so sub consciously we'll always play within that comfort. It's funny how the opposition get 3 and then don't get the fourth, we suddenly wake up. I just don't expect us to race away tonight. Not without being given an almighty scare first.

Thanks stinky & Cleveland!

Lets hope we do the business later and this place is upbeat and peaceful!

You summed up my thoughts perfectly! I am nervous as hell for this match more than any other in ages, want to see us desperately in a final. I fully expect us to concede first and from there who knows. It would be nice to get an early goal and put the tie to bed but the Spurs fan in me just knows that won't happen going to be a looong stressful night COYS!

Vorm has been a bit unlucky to be honest. He made a horrendous mistake but also made two incredible stops in the first half of that game. He's a good keeper. He's not Lloris but one of the best Number 2's around I would imagine.

I've no problem with him playing tonight. I just dont want him playing at wembley.

Back