• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg OMT **

Any official team news yet ?

Feeling very nervous already. We only need a draw but we should try to get an early goal to settle us down. Just hope all the players will give their best to get us to the Final.

So you have a very good 2nd choice keeper who has probably been told that he will start cup games, We get to a semi final and we drop the lad. Now looking at it like that do you still think its lunacy? or do you think it might be a great way of keeping him smiling and around the place? because lets face it Loris will probably not be around the season after next.

Yes it is lunacy. Tonight is not about next season or the season after next, its about getting to the final so you pick your best team. Simple.

Vorm is the number 2 keeper. He joined the club knowing he is number 2 and he will always be number 2 as long as Hugo is there. If we go out tonight not playing our best players then that is plain stupid. Poch doesnt need to weaken our chance of winning just to keep the reserve goalie "smiling". If we had a big lead from the first leg then maybe I would understand, but we dont, because Poch's poor team selection and tactics meant we barely scraped a one goal win. Therefore this game is on a knife edge. Loris must start. If he doesnt Poch deserves everything he gets.

Play the same side as he did against Chelski,bring Ade on in the last 15/20 mins because if we are still winning they be pumping that ball in the box like anything so we need height etc.

Love Davies to play but this game suits Rose ,and tell him to defend, defend and defend,no need to play as a wing back and not to get booked in the first ten minutes.

not predicting anything since what happened up in burnley years ago....nervous like heck.........may go out and watch a film perhaps and watch the game on catch up on fast forward x30....

C'mon uuuuuuuuuu ssssssppppppuuuuuuuurrrrrssssssssss,we can do it......

Imagine we actually rock up there tonight and just smash them 4-0. Would be so un-Spurs like.

Thing is we've become accustomed to doing just enough to win games, hence the 1 goal winning margins so often.

I find it a bit odd if Nacer is left out of the squad altogether due to doubts about his physical condition. I am not a sports scientist, of course, but Chadli is undoubtedly a very fit individual, and he hasn't been injured. Before this ten day absence he was training well and playing games regularly for a fairly long spell. I can't see that ten days without training (and I would be surprised if he has been completely idle whilst at home anyway), would make it impossible for him to at least play some part in the game.

Chadli is, after all, one of only three players we can rely on for coming up with goals/assists on a fairly regular basis. It would have been good to have on the bench at least, in case we need a goal.

------------------Vorm------------------
Walker---Fazio--Vertonghen--Rose
----------Stambouli---Mason----------
Townsend------Kane---------Eriksen
-----------------Soldado---------------

Although tempted with:

Townsend----Lamela----Eriksen
---------------Kane------------------

I find it a bit odd if Nacer is left out of the squad altogether due to doubts about his physical condition. I am not a sports scientist, of course, but Chadli is undoubtedly a very fit individual, and he hasn't been injured. Before this ten day absence he was training well and playing games regularly for a fairly long spell. I can't see that ten days without training (and I would be surprised if he has been completely idle whilst at home anyway), would make it impossible for him to at least play some part in the game.

Chadli is, after all, one of only three players we can rely on for coming up with goals/derriereists on a fairly regular basis. It would have been good to have on the bench at least, in case we need a goal.

you know nothing about top level sport then

Chadli is, after all, one of only three players we can rely on for coming up with goals/derriereists on a fairly regular basis. It would have been good to have on the bench at least, in case we need a goal.

Gets very speculative very fast. We have no idea how Chadli has reacted to what happened and how close he is to being ready.

Having him on the bench if he's not ready is no good, look no further than Balotelli for Liverpool yesterday for an example.

I trust Poch and the backroom staff to make good judgments on stuff like this. At least they have all available information at hand.

------------------Vorm------------------
Walker---Fazio--Vertonghen--Rose
----------Stambouli---Mason----------
Townsend------Kane---------Eriksen
-----------------Soldado---------------

Although tempted with:

Townsend----Lamela----Eriksen
---------------Kane------------------

I would go for Lamela if he's physically ready to play again so soon and there's no additional risk of injury.

Decent game for Townsend. They have to get forward a bit at some point, lower league opposition that won't be as good at crowding him out and tackling. I would be very tempted by the second one you put up there.

Gets very speculative very fast. We have no idea how Chadli has reacted to what happened and how close he is to being ready.

Having him on the bench if he's not ready is no good, look no further than Balotelli for Liverpool yesterday for an example.

I trust Poch and the backroom staff to make good judgments on stuff like this. At least they have all available information at hand.

I would go for Lamela if he's physically ready to play again so soon and there's no additional risk of injury.

Decent game for Townsend. They have to get forward a bit at some point, lower league opposition that won't be as good at crowding him out and tackling. I would be very tempted by the second one you put up there.
His mental state is a different matter. I was talking about his physical condition. I don't think it would have been a problem for him physically to play a part in the game.

Please Please put Kane back at the point of attack. He is not getting around the edge of the box anymore to get the chances, 1 goal in his last five since we started dingdonging his position about. Also lets bring back Lamela as we need so spontaneity around their box.

-----------------Vorm------------------------

Walker----Dier-------Vertonghen------Rose

--------------Stambouli---Dembele------------

Lamela-----------Eriksen-----------Townsend

---------------------Kane--------------------------

His mental state is a different matter. I was talking about his physical condition. I don't think it would have been a problem for him physically to play a part in the game.

Ah, ok. Not sure there's a reason to think he's being left out solely because of his physical condition? There can be physical reactions to changing mental states, but at least as an option off the bench I imagine he would be ready. For this too though Poch and the backroom staff knows way more than us and I trust them to make smart decisions. Could be a combination of many things. Lacking training, lacking game preparation due to being away, not fully back yet mentally etc...

Back