• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg OMT **

United have to come out and play. We are much better on the counter.
9 of our 11 will be Vorm, Walker, Vertonghen, Davies, Mason, Stambouli, Townsend, Eriksen, Kane.
The questions are Fazio or Dier? And which one of Chadli, Lamela or Soldado will start?

IF we get that far, I'd want to see Lloris lift the trophy and not the two other dinguses.

Its not even lifting the trophy. Its about leading them out and acting as a captain during the game. I believe this would affect the performance.

I really think Rose should start tonight as Campbell-Ryce caused Davies a lot of problems. Davies may well cope a lot better today though

Sorry if already posted (I didn't see it), but here's Poch's take and some selection news via the Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/football...tottenham-mauricio-pochettino-capital-one-cup)

Pochettino reckons this is the most important match of his Tottenham tenure. With a final at stake, and a slender 1-0 advantage to take into the game, the manager demands his team play with absolute focus.

“Our fans expect us to arrive at the final at Wembley,” he says. “But we need to play better than Sheffield, show more energy than Sheffield and try to fight. For me we need to go there thinking it is 0-0. I believe we will need to score. We have to forget about the first leg and show the mentality to win.”

Mindful of the spate of shocks in the FA Cup last weekend, with Bradford City and Middlesbrough in particular flying the flag so fervently for lower-league clubs, he urges Tottenham’s players to find the balance between being “careful” and “playing freely”.

Michel Vorm is expected to continue in goal despite a late blunder against Leicester that ended Tottenham’s participation in this season’s FA Cup. As to whether Pochettino would select him over Hugo Lloris if Tottenham do reach the final, the answer was a definite maybe. Harry Kane, who was on the bench against them, should return to the front line in place of Roberto Soldado.

Tottenham last won a trophy in 2008, when they defeated Chelsea in the Carling Cup final with goals from Dimitar Berbatov and Jonathan Woodgate. They returned to Wembley the following year in the same competition, losing to Manchester United on penalties.

Pochettino is hopeful that a positive outcome against Sheffield United can cement his relationship with the club and the fans at White Hart Lane. “Always when you get success it is a special thing for the fans and the club. Maybe if you win the final you go into the club’s history,” he says.

The nostalgia of his experiences with Newell’s remains strong. Pochettino is keen to write a new chapter to remember with Tottenham.

United have to come out and play. We are much better on the counter.
9 of our 11 will be Vorm, Walker, Vertonghen, Davies, Mason, Stambouli, Townsend, Eriksen, Kane.
The questions are Fazio or Dier? And which one of Chadli, Lamela or Soldado will start?

Rose should start ahead of Davies but agreed on the rest probably depends on fitness of Fazio and Lamela if they are fit they should start

We need to think it through re: Danny...hot-headed, icy/snowy pitch, hostile atmosphere, potentially card-ready ref...I will say IF we determine he can keep his senses then we would be set-up to kill on the counter!

We need to think it through re: Danny...hot-headed, icy/snowy pitch, hostile atmosphere, potentially card-ready ref...I will say IF we determine he can keep his senses then we would be set-up to kill on the counter!
That's really harsh on Rose he has only gotten one red for us in last two seasons, I think he has matured a lot this year. I actually feel more confident with him in the team rather than Davies at the moment. No slight on Davies I like him just think Rose offers more at the moment. Also, Campbell Ryce has a lot of pace which Rose is more equipped to deal with

You summed up my thoughts perfectly! I am nervous as hell for this match more than any other in ages, want to see us desperately in a final. I fully expect us to concede first and from there who knows. It would be nice to get an early goal and put the tie to bed but the Spurs fan in me just knows that won't happen going to be a looong stressful night COYS!
Have faith dear girl. We will come through.
I am facing Mount Kenya, and praying to the the gods atop.

Sent from my Tarzan DigiDrum using JungleTalk

Well I think we are in for one hell of a ride later I really do. Either this will make warriors of some of our young squad and knit them closer together or all our frailties will be ruthlessly exposed by a hard working decent Blades side.

I think the longer it stays 0-0 the better for them as the tension will be hard for us....I don't expect them to fly at us early doors...I don't think things will open up until the second half....Ideal scenario is we grab an early goal...worst case they do.

we simply have to score and I think that will do for them!

Difficult game tonight....lose and Merson & Media will have a field day....Win and we have only done whats expected but made hard work for it.

I just hope if it does all go belly up then many of us will give the blades the credit they deserve rather than lamenting on our own shortcomings.

Ideally we should be able to score tonight and get the job done....but all my experiences as a spurs fan are telling me this is going to be one testing night.

Amen to all fellow Spurs brothers...into the cauldron we go for better for worse!

COYS!

Spot on once again Nigeyman. Everything crossed for tonight. COYS.

Up and at them right from the start. Let's try for an early goal. That should help settle the nerves.

THFC team: Vorm, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen (c), Davies; Mason, Stambouli; Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen; Kane

THFC subs: Friedel, Fazio, Rose, Paulinho, Townsend, Adebayor, Soldado

THFC team: Vorm, Walker, Dier, Vertonghen (c), Davies; Mason, Stambouli; Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen; Kane

THFC subs: Friedel, Fazio, Rose, Paulinho, Townsend, Adebayor, Soldado

Dembele is the only shock.
We've done pretty well whens hes come on in that position to see out games and keep possession.
I have my reservations with him starting there.
Are we going defensive? Will he be able to link up with the other 3 or will he hold on to the ball too much. Similar reservations about Lamela holding on to it.
I think we'll might end up relying on Mason to link up with Eriksen and Kane.

Back