• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg OMT **

Re: ** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg OM

Lloris
Walker - Fazio - Vertonghen - Davies
Stambouli - Mason
Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend
Kane​

Re: ** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United Capital One Cup Semi Final Second Leg OM

Lloris
Walker - Fazio - Vertonghen - Davies
Stambouli - Mason
Lamela - Eriksen - Townsend
Kane​

This but with Chadli for Lamela if he is back from bereavement leave.

Best 11 on form right
Now no time for flimflam so

-------------Lloris--------------

Walker-----Verts---Fazio------Rose

-----------Mason----Stambouli------

Townsend ------Eriksen-------Chadli

--------Harry F u king Kane----------

2-2 through on aggregate

So Vorm has played ever minute of our League cup games. Is Pochettino going to drop him now?
Surely he can't start the final instead of Lloris if we get there.

Paul Merson has Tottenham Hotspur in his sights, telling The Star they will embarrass themselves if they lose at Bramall Lane next week.

The ex-Gunner feels Spurs have done enough to get through courtesy of their 1-0 Capital One Cup first leg win, despite describing their performance negatively, insisting there is no way they should let it slip now.

He said: "I think it was ‘job done’ for Chelsea, getting away with a 1-1 draw. The same goes for Spurs. They were awful against Sheffield United but managed to win the game and not concede an away goal.

"If you lose against a League One team with a one-goal lead like that, you don’t deserve to be in the Premier League."

Bit harsh there Paul.

Our best chance of a bit of silverware so lets not muck about.

----------Mason----Dembele------

Lamela------Eriksen-------Chadli

-----------------Kane---------------------

This is a purely hypothetical question as we will smash them, but I'm wondering about the away goal rule. The rules say:

13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.
Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#rP38y5VwHv1yVfdw.99

So, if it's 2-1 after 90 minutes (2-2 agg.) There will be played 2x15 minutes of extra time. If after extra time it's still 2-1, we go through on away goals?

This is a purely hypothetical question as we will smash them, but I'm wondering about the away goal rule. The rules say:

13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.
Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#rP38y5VwHv1yVfdw.99

So, if it's 2-1 after 90 minutes (2-2 agg.) There will be played 2x15 minutes of extra time. If after extra time it's still 2-1, we go through on away goals?

Exactly. So like that game v Burnley a few years ago when we won 4-1 in the home leg, but lost 3-0 after 90 mins in the return. It went to extra time and had it remained the same we'd have gone out. Fortunately Super Pav and Defoe both scored to make sure we made the final.

I find this way of using the away goal rule to be very weird tbh. In my view away goals should count for the entire game, or not at all. Away goals only after extra time is just wrong.

Our best chance of a bit of silverware so lets not muck about.

----------Mason----Dembele------

Lamela------Eriksen-------Chadli

-----------------Kane---------------------

This for me but would have Stambouli in instead of Dembele

I find this way of using the away goal rule to be very weird tbh. In my view away goals should count for the entire game, or not at all. Away goals only after extra time is just wrong.
Yeah i find it a strange rule. Surely logically away goals should count at 90 minutes but not at 120 minutes. As one team would have had 90 minutes to score an away goal but another 120 minutes.

Yeah i find it a strange rule. Surely logically away goals should count at 90 minutes but not at 120 minutes. As one team would have had 90 minutes to score an away goal but another 120 minutes.

Should definitely count after 90 minutes.

120 minutes is more a matter of opinion as the home side has home advantage during extra time.

The away goals rule should be abandoned completely. It is a bizarre and entirely random way to decide the outcome of a football match. I am surprised it is never discussed, but it has probably been around for so long that no one questions it.

People complain about penalties being an unfair way to settle football matches, that it is a lottery and so on. But it is certainly a better way to decide a match than the away goals' rule. Success in a penalty shootout is down to striking the ball well, having a good goalkeeper and coping with the pressure. All important qualities in football. The away goals rule, on the other hand, is a technicality.

I suppose some of the reasoning behind the away goals rule is that it should encourage the away team to be more attack-minded, and that it will subsequently lead to more entertaining football, but it works the other way around most of the time. The away team (at least in the first leg) sits back anyway, but it also makes the home team more cautious because they are terrified of conceding an away goal.

The away goals rule should be abandoned completely. It is a bizarre and entirely random way to decide the outcome of a football match. I am surprised it is never discussed, but it has probably been around for so long that no one questions it.

People complain about penalties being an unfair way to settle football matches, that it is a lottery and so on. But it is certainly a better way to decide a match than the away goals' rule. Success in a penalty shootout is down to striking the ball well, having a good goalkeeper and coping with the pressure. All important qualities in football. The away goals rule, on the other hand, is a technicality.

I suppose some of the reasoning behind the away goals rule is that it should encourage the away team to be more attack-minded, and that it will subsequently lead to more entertaining football, but it works the other way around most of the time. The away team (at least in the first leg) sits back anyway, but it also makes the home team more cautious because they are terrified of conceding an away goal.

Agree 100% I never understood it. As you say in theory it is supposed to encourage attacking play but in reality it often means the first leg of ties are dire as 99 times out of 100 the team not favoured just sits back and plays for a 0-0 or they just soak up pressure and try to steal a goal on the break. I think if they did go to extra time and penalties after second leg it would encourage a lot more attacking play from both sides.

Neither side can "play for penalties" realistically over two matches and you wouldn't have cautious play in fear of an away goal chucking you out.

Agree completely about the away goals. I dont think the likes of Benitez and Mourinho and their defensive brand of football would have won them Champion's League without the away goal rule.

Back