• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Scum OMT ***

.....................Hugo.................

Walker... Dier... Verts.....Rose

...............Victor......................

Son.... Lamela....... Dele......Nkodou

.................Kane.................

I would go with the above team unless Lamela is not available in which case I would go with

.....................Hugo.................

Walker........ Dier........ Verts..........Rose

...............Victor...Winks...................

Son............ Dele.............Nkodou

.................Kane.................

I do not expect Kane to last 90 minutes so he can come off when he has run out of steam

A lot of (imo misplaced) optimism in here.

From a tactical point of view i can't see with our absentees and form how we can get even a draw, and more likely i think we will get what's arguably been coming to us, a spanking: our creativity and gameplay has been getting progressively worse each game and if Bayer had the finishing ability that Arsenal do we could have been a absolute national laughing stock at Wembley on Wednesday.

But let's discuss the game tactically anyway; i have one main question that relates to last season's game at the Lane, the 2-2 draw: How did we not only draw a game when we were playing with an extra man, but actually look like in the end we were lucky to even get the draw? Tactically, how was that even possible?

A derby is never a normal game, and very unpredictable, so a draw is not out of the question. Highly doubt we'll get anything though. I'm sure we will raise our game, but Arse look very solid now.

I'll take anything but a hammering, tbh.

And I sincerely hope they don't take any risk with Kane. We'll need him fully fit for the rest of the season.

2-0 Arse, first PL loss of the season.

There's talk of a pain killing injection for Harry.
:mad:

Surprising, as you'd imagine that fitness would be a much bigger issue than pain, considering he's been training for the last two weeks and has had a ton of time off. I think if he's still having serious pain, there's no way I'd bring him back for the NLD. We'll see what Poch does.

Surprising, as you'd imagine that fitness would be a much bigger issue than pain, considering he's been training for the last two weeks and has had a ton of time off. I think if he's still having serious pain, there's no way I'd bring him back for the NLD. We'll see what Poch does.

That was my take.

A lot of (imo misplaced) optimism in here.

From a tactical point of view i can't see with our absentees and form how we can get even a draw, and more likely i think we will get what's arguably been coming to us, a spanking: our creativity and gameplay has been getting progressively worse each game and if Bayer had the finishing ability that Arsenal do we could have been a absolute national laughing stock at Wembley on Wednesday.

But let's discuss the game tactically anyway; i have one main question that relates to last season's game at the Lane, the 2-2 draw: How did we not only draw a game when we were playing with an extra man, but actually look like in the end we were lucky to even get the draw? Tactically, how was that even possible?

We shouldn't get carried away. Certain styles of play are more successful against another particular style. We have come unstuck against teams that press us well. For instance Liverpool, Dortmund and now Leverkusen. Even Bournemouth caused us problems early on as they pressed us.

One, we need to find a better way of playing through a press. Secondly, we have tended to do very well against Arsenal since Pochettino has come in so this fills me with some optimism that our style is more than capable of getting a result. We have dominated large spells against them also. Each game follows its own narrative and we need to get back to basics. What we know is Pochettino has given us a blueprint which works well against Arsenal. Don't just write us off just yet.

We shouldn't get carried away. Certain styles of play are more successful against another particular style. We have come unstuck against teams that press us well. For instance Liverpool, Dortmund and now Leverkusen. Even Bournemouth caused us problems early on as they pressed us.

One, we need to find a better way of playing through a press. Secondly, we have tended to do very well against Arsenal since Pochettino has come in so this fills me with some optimism that our style is more than capable of getting a result. We have dominated large spells against them also. Each game follows its own narrative and we need to get back to basics. What we know is Pochettino has given us a blueprint which works well against Arsenal. Don't just write us off just yet.

That all sounds fair ; but on closer inspection you realise our performances vs Le Scum have gotten progressively less effective since Poch's first season.
It's also notable that our one league win has come when we had a whole week to prepare rather than a midweek PL or European game: which highlights to me our reliance on the fitness/running side of things (not that is bad per say, but i do think it limits us, certainly in this situation right now).

Finding a better way of playing through the press is certainly needed; we are likely to not have a fully-fit Dembele so that looks like a long-term goal rather than one we can sort out by Sunday sadly..

Edit: i am still to hear how/why we let our lead slip last season at the Lane when THEY had 10 men...

That all sounds fair ; but on closer inspection you realise our performances vs Le Scum have gotten progressively less effective since Poch's first season.
It's also notable that our one league win has come when we had a whole week to prepare rather than a midweek PL or European game: which highlights to me our reliance on the fitness/running side of things (not that is bad per say, but i do think it limits us, certainly in this situation right now).

Finding a better way of playing through the press is certainly needed; we are likely to not have a fully-fit Dembele so that looks like a long-term goal rather than one we can sort out by Sunday sadly..

Edit: i am still to hear how/why we let our lead slip last season at the Lane when THEY had 10 men...

These things happen unfortunately. Bad mistake by Lloris and we lost our way when we substituted Lamela for Mason if I recall. Perhaps you are correct, Arsenal have some very good players and we are missing some key personnel. But I have faith in the system.

We simply ran out of puff. We conceded so many crucial late goals last season - it was our undoing. Leicester, Arsenal, WBA and Chelski immediately spring to mind.

These things happen unfortunately. Bad mistake by Lloris and we lost our way when we substituted Lamela for Mason if I recall. Perhaps you are correct, Arsenal have some very good players and we are missing some key personnel. But I have faith in the system.

Fair enough..

We simply ran out of puff. We conceded so many crucial late goals last season - it was our undoing. Leicester, Arsenal, WBA and Chelski immediately spring to mind.

This is the worry; even if we did, in the case of the Arsenal match we had an EXTRA man and we still couldn't close the deal. This is my worry: we are more an athletics outfit and less a well-oiled football outfit in the long-run..

2016%2f11%2fARSvTOT.jpg

Back