• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs QUEENS PARK RANGERS OMT**

What will the outcome of this game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dropping Modric might not be the worst idea. Is it really in his best interests for Spurs to finish in the CL and Chelsea not?

Dropping Modric might not be the worst idea. Is it really in his best interests for Spurs to finish in the CL and Chelsea not?

No, that is actually the worst idea. Apart from outright ridiculous ones like playing without a goalie or using Gio as a target man and play Modric in goal to hoof the ball to him.

I don't understand why people are questioning Modric's effort or work rate/interests. He works his socks off game after game.

What happened?

They lost their last 5 games of the season...

Then lost 9 of their opening 11 games of this season before avenging the team that beat them 5-0 in the FA Cup semi final the previous season and battered them 5-0 in the league.. before then losing their next 5..

Then lost 9 of their opening 11 games of this season before avenging the team that beat them 5-0 in the FA Cup semi final the previous season and battered them 5-0 in the league.. before then losing their next 5..
:frown:

Wow.

That surely makes Owen Coyle favourite to take over at The Lane?

I watched the QPR Arsenal game and was impressed with them. Zamora bullied their defense all over the place and they were decent enough in attack. Pity its not a 3pm kick off aswell as at least other results wouldnt affect us.

--------------Friedel
Walker---Kaboul-----Gallas---Benny

Sandro---Parker---Livermore--Rose

------------Defoe---Bale

Park the bus , keep it tight and hit long balls to JD and Bale:-k

After Wigan, The Greatest Team on Earth, did us that favour, this game is now a.....

MUST

WIN

Come on you Spurs, prove you're not all spineless tossers. COYS!

No, that is actually the worst idea. Apart from outright ridiculous ones like playing without a goalie or using Gio as a target man and play Modric in goal to hoof the ball to him.

I don't understand why people are questioning Modric's effort or work rate/interests. He works his socks off game after game.

You really will defend Modric to the death wont you BrainE. It must be plain to you that he is the main reason for our sudden decline in fortunes. Quite simply he has been playing brick. No incisiveness to his passing (bar one against Swansea), no shooting abitity (he has missed so many good scoring opps), his dead ball kicking is a waste of time, his lack of assists is telling. Is he a defensive midfielder - no. Is he an attacking midfielder - no. Is he in the team to win us games - apparently not. To those who say, he recycles possession - frankly, so what. I want the creative hub of my team to Ffing well CREATE something, make things happen and not disappear from games when the going gets tough. He was our central midfielder against Arsenal (2-5), Chelsea (1-5) and City (1-5). While he is not solely to blame, as our supposed engine room dont you see the common denominator here.

You really will defend Modric to the death wont you BrainE. It must be plain to you that he is the main reason for our sudden decline in fortunes. Quite simply he has been playing brick. No incisiveness to his passing (bar one against Swansea), no shooting abitity (he has missed so many good scoring opps), his dead ball kicking is a waste of time, his lack of assists is telling. Is he a defensive midfielder - no. Is he an attacking midfielder - no. Is he in the team to win us games - apparently not. To those who say, he recycles possession - frankly, so what. I want the creative hub of my team to Ffing well CREATE something, make things happen and not disappear from games when the going gets tough. He was our central midfielder against Arsenal (2-5), Chelsea (1-5) and City (1-5). While he is not solely to blame, as our supposed engine room dont you see the common denominator here.

You really will pick me up on Modric every time I mention him? Even though we never get anywhere with our arguments? Even though I've explained to you multiple times what I think his position and role is and you still don't seem to even be able to even read the name of that role.

Common denominator? Really? Player X played in 3 games against good opposition, we lost and conceded 5 goals, obviously he can't be any good.

He was also in our team in our best run this season week in week out where we went third. Common denominator? Although you seem to think that we played 2 defensive midfielders week in and week out at that time so I wonder if you even watched our games...

I will probably defend Modric until he either leaves the club or he becomes poor. Neither has happened yet. I really don't see the point in us discussing Modric any further cause we're not getting anywhere with it and I don't understand why you feel the need to quote me every time I post something positive about him. Do you want to have another dragged out discussion about him? If so, please be ready to actually read and answer my posts and questions and we can have that discussion somewhere else, in the Modric thread for example. You could start by posting what you think I think his role is, trying to understand what I have already posted about his deep playmaker role instead of going on and on about him not being a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder. Or you could start by explaining how my comparison with other players that don't score or get tons of assists yet are highly rated isn't a good one. If not I'd appreciate it if you stopped quoting my posts just to point out that you still disagree with me and that you think I'm biased or whatever it is your point is.

Adebayor:

Sunday's defeat denied Adebayor his first appearance in an FA Cup final and he blames only one man. "To be honest, we have to blame the referee," he said. "I think we have done well and he has made a lot of mistakes and made a lot of wrong decisions.

"We are all disappointed. But what do you want me to tell you? How many goals scored this season were disallowed that were onside? To be honest, I'm just tired of it and everyone is talking about goalline technology. They have to make something happen because it's killing the league, it's killing the FA Cup, it's killing the game, it's killing everything."

Redknapp:

"We have to pick ourselves up. We'll finish fourth — I've got no doubts about that."

--------

I can feel the anger. But is it finally going to resonate with everyone at Spurs now that only we can help ourselves now and secure the fourth place we need. I'm fed up of words. I want to see action.

Back