• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs QUEENS PARK RANGERS OMT**

What will the outcome of this game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd genuinely just give up if that was the side. Lets not try and kid that it'd be "4231" when it'd actually be 4 4 big gap 2.

I'd genuinely just give up if that was the side. Lets not try and kid that it'd be "4231" when it'd actually be 4 4 big gap 2.

Why? Get the ball out to the wings quickly for a change and have two players in the box to finish not just one

Mark Hughes is gonna wind his players up big time for this one

we are gonna get splattered all over the shop

Buoyed by the success of his open, aggressive 4-4-2 formation in the 5-0 victory over Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the Spurs boss stuck with the same plan against Arsenal, Manchester United and Everton ÔÇô and lost all three games.

That was followed by a disappointing 1-1 draw with Stoke at White Hart Lane, giving Spurs a tally of one point from a possible 12 in the Premier League.

But Redknapp has now changed tack, opting for a 4-2-3-1 system which was born in a 2-0 win at Norwich in December ÔÇô and the result is a rejuvenated Tottenham who earned a crucial point at Stamford Bridge before beating Bolton and Swansea at the Lane, followed by a point at the Stadium of Light.

ÔÇ£I thought it [the formation] suited us at Chelsea especially,ÔÇØ said the manager. ÔÇ£You get outnumbered in the middle if you play with two central midfield players, so we matched them up in the middle of the park. It gives you a lot of control of the game playing that way.

ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs hard to play 4-4-2 these days. You can get away with it sometimes, when you are on top of games. But against better teams, when they play three in there, it can make it very difficult.

ÔÇ£With this system, you have an extra player in there and you can get more control of the ball, and more control of the game really.

ÔÇ£Ade [Adebayor] has done well up there on his own in the last few games ÔÇô I thought he was excellent against Chelsea. So itÔÇÖs a system I like.ÔÇØ

images

Harry Redknapp admits that he made a costly tactical blunder in yesterdayÔÇÖs defeat against Norwich.

Tottenham had taken just one point from four Premier League games against Arsenal, Manchester United, Everton and Stoke with an aggressive 4-4-2 formation, prompting the manager to switch to a more restrained 4-2-3-1.

The effect was immediate as Spurs picked up a valuable point at Chelsea, before beating Bolton and Swansea at White Hart Lane.

That caused Redknapp to reflect that ÔÇ£itÔÇÖs hard to play 4-4-2 these daysÔÇØ, and he also used his new formula at Sunderland on Saturday.

But, having been held to a goalless draw by the defensive-minded Mackems, the Spurs boss switched back to 4-4-2 for the must-win home game against Norwich on Easter Monday.

The result was a disastrous 2-1 defeat and Redknapp concedes that he regrets his change back to a system which once again left his side ÔÇ£miles too openÔÇØ.

ÔÇ£We were disappointing. I changed the system, I played 4-4-2, we played with four forwards and I really felt we were too open,ÔÇØ he said.

ÔÇ£WeÔÇÖre too open when we play that way, because we havenÔÇÖt really got forwards who get back into position and play the system well enough.

ÔÇ£People say to me ÔÇÿweÔÇÖre better when we play 4-4-2ÔÇÖ but I played that way this time and I didnÔÇÖt like the look of us. I thought we were miles too open.

images

The Blues set up a final against Liverpool next month with an emphatic victory, but only after Juan Mata put Roberto Di MatteoÔÇÖs side two up early in the second half despite replays showing the ball clearly did not cross the line.

Asked whether he felt the referee guessed the decision, Redknapp said: ÔÇ£He must have [guessed]. I donÔÇÖt think you can be sure, heÔÇÖs just made a mistake unfortunately.

ÔÇ£The second goal was a disaster, it was nowhere near a goal. HeÔÇÖs made a big mistake, he hasnÔÇÖt done it on purpose.

ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt see how he can give the goal, itÔÇÖs nowhere near over the line. There were bodies lying on the line, thereÔÇÖs no way the ball can go anywhere near over the line.

ÔÇ£ThereÔÇÖs nothing we can do about it now. You need goal-line technology surely, we canÔÇÖt keep going like weÔÇÖre going at the moment with important decisions not being correct.ÔÇØ

Atkinson, who missed a horror tackle by Mario Balotelli on Alex Song last week, spoke to Redknapp after the game and admitted he knew he had made a mistake.

Redknapp added: ÔÇ£I spoke to him and he said he feels worse than I do. I said ÔÇÿI donÔÇÖt think so!' He said he knows heÔÇÖs made a mistake and heÔÇÖs going to have a bad week as well.

ÔÇ£It was key moment but we were still bang in the game at 2-1. We were chasing the game and we ended up four forwards on the pitch. I brought another forward on and we looked to open. We got punished and they picked us off.ÔÇØ

images

I wont be able to watch this one, helping my dad move house, first game i think ive ever missed. If we win ill stay away for the rest of the season!!

and that is where Harry has made his big mistake. Playing 4-5-1 we create diddly squat. look at our goals record since the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. Sweet FA in the creativity stakes. Modric and VDV slow it down too much. Today Parker realised that and tried single handedly to make things happen. Modric has created nothing. Put in two genuine defensive midfielders, play the wings out wide and ATTACK teams. Harold seems to have forgotten that this got us to third NOT trying to overcomplicate things. Modric and VDV are just too deep. With Parker playing deep too, that just means three of our players are not attacking. Too many imo

and that is where Harry has made his big mistake. Playing 4-5-1 we create diddly squat. look at our goals record since the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. Sweet FA in the creativity stakes. Modric and VDV slow it down too much. Today Parker realised that and tried single handedly to make things happen. Modric has created nothing. Put in two genuine defensive midfielders, play the wings out wide and ATTACK teams. Harold seems to have forgotten that this got us to third NOT trying to overcomplicate things. Modric and VDV are just too deep. With Parker playing deep too, that just means three of our players are not attacking. Too many imo

Are you serious?

What got us to third was the exact same midfield and forward players as started against Chelsea. Bale, Modric, Parker, Lennon, VdV and Ade. Earlier in the season they played in a 4-4-1-1, against Chelsea in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 system to match Chelsea in midfield. And guess what, it worked! We were the better team up until they scored 3-1 at the very least. We did create chances, we just didn't take them. Meanwhile what they did was just lump the ball long to Drogba and he made Gallas look like a schoolboy and scored - hardly something you can blame on the formation/system.

We did not get to third playing two genuine defensive midfielders.

I think it's time we confused the brick out of the opposition and stop being predictable with our lineups.

----------- Friedel -----------
---- Walker Gallas Nelsen Bale ----
Gio Parker Modric Sandro Lennon
------------- VDV --------------

Are you serious?

What got us to third was the exact same midfield and forward players as started against Chelsea. Bale, Modric, Parker, Lennon, VdV and Ade. Earlier in the season they played in a 4-4-1-1, against Chelsea in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 system to match Chelsea in midfield. And guess what, it worked! We were the better team up until they scored 3-1 at the very least. We did create chances, we just didn't take them. Meanwhile what they did was just lump the ball long to Drogba and he made Gallas look like a schoolboy and scored - hardly something you can blame on the formation/system.

We did not get to third playing two genuine defensive midfielders.

This is the latest crack pot theory now going round the board. People want to get rid of Modric in the Summer and spend 50m on strikers that have no intention of joining us. The "we don't need Modric anyway" argument is a way of convincing themselves this will work.

Season's over, why not dingdong around a bit?

-------------------- Bale

VDV ----- Lennon ------ Modric ----- Ade

BAE ----- Walker ------- Friedel ---- Nelsen

----------- Parker ----- Gallas

18 - 0 Spurs. Glory fudging Glory.

Season's over, why not dingdong around a bit?

-------------------- Bale

VDV ----- Lennon ------ Modric ----- Ade

BAE ----- Walker ------- Friedel ---- Nelsen

----------- Parker ----- Gallas

18 - 0 Spurs. Glory fudging Glory.

I dont like VDV at right back, he is too one footed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont like VDV at right back, he is too one footed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surely you're reading that the wrong way 'round? It's Parker and Gallas in goal together.

Who fudging knows? First trip to Loftus Road I'll ever have made. Hopefully it'll end-up like the first trip to Carrow Road I've ever made too. Although I don't find myself holding out much hope for that right now.

Honestly, I was being optimistic a week ago, now that's all gone south. Losing 5-1 should never EVER happen if the team shows some balls and pride.

Don't even want to think about this game at the moment. With the current state of the team, I don't see us getting anything from this game.

I remember last year when Bolton got ripped for 5 in a FA Cup semi final, we all know what happened to them...

i think we're screwed... the head has gone.

the manner of the defeats to City, the goons and now chelsea and have done for us.

i never feel like this, but i just can't see us staying the course.

massive rebuilding job now.

Back