• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ FK OMT ***

Can you guys ever just admit Poch occasionally makes mistakes?
We all like the guy but defending him blindly over this is not productive.
I understand Gutter's Boy wanting to prioritise the Europa more than "the 10 hour round trip to Asia will have effect" "dont ever question Poch" argument.

The guy has even come out today and said he thinks Chel53a have a huge advantage http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...elp-ahead-of-5000-mile-qarabag-a6749521.html? and yet he still refuses to prioritise the league.

If he makes a mistake yes, absolutely, he will be questioned. However, talking of 'mistakes' before there's any proof of them is folly. So i won't agree with that, no. As I like to, I trust the manager when the manager shows he's earned it. He knows more about the squad than we do. When it comes to tight international travel and 'grueling' schedules versus productivity, I have a clue.

No but he does have data from the heart monitors and GPS trackers that the players wear in training. Medical reports. The output from Mitchell's magic black box. Conversations with the players and coaching staff. Reports from the team of analysts who watch every game. And a far better knowledge of what it takes to manage a professional football club than you or I.

Too. Much. Logic.

He said by playing on a Sunday can be a blessing or a curse. A blessing if the teams around you lose on the Saturday as it takes the pressure of for your Sunday game but when the teams around you are doing well and are winning on Saturdays you go into your Sunday games knowing that you have to win and the pressure can build.

The issue a lot of players I've heard say is they hate staying away in the Thursday night then home and away the Saturday night

But brads logic so right and why we're always playing catch up

Perhaps it's simply we put out a strong team but play at a different gear than that in the Epl?

Was just thinking the same thing. Certainly looks like it at the moment. Not the same intensity in the pressure as against WH. Or it just might be a tiredness/motivation-issue. Hopefully it's the first.

If he had the data that shows that travelling 5000 miles and playing a game arriving back 48 hours before the Chel53a game makes absolutely no difference then why did he say Chel53a have an advantage! http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...help-ahead-of-5000-mile-qarabag-a6749521.html
If he thinks it gives Chel53a an advantage and it doesn't matter if we win or lose tonight then why has he done this?

Because he's hardly going to miss an opportunity to play some sort of media game if he can. Have you paid attention to how smart he's been with regards to media over the years? Come on.

Twice Christian has had a chance to pull the trigger and hasn't, suggests to me that pitch is playing very fast?

Scruffy first half. A bit more effort and a good deal more precision required in the second period.

Iffy first half, but we looked more like the home team, than the home team. Very low gear pressing, but we have numbers and speed.

We'll create a few chances in the second half, need to take them and put this to bed - we are defending very comfortably.

This is just fine if it goes like this to the final whistle.

They were content to sit deep with all players behind the ball, let us shuffle it around and out to Alderweireld, then try to push him out of the pitch as there is no space to pick a pass.

Given that, I think we've done OK to carve a few moves out and get a few half chances... they are pleased to sit in and try to catch us on the break.

Probably our worst moment was when they had 3 vs 1 on the break, we were very lucky to survive that.

Iffy first half, but we looked more like the home team, than the home team. Very low gear pressing, but we have numbers and speed.

We'll create a few chances in the second half, need to take them and put this to bed - we are defending very comfortably.

This is just fine if it goes like this to the final whistle.

agreed...we are playing within ourselves

Back