• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ FK OMT ***

Boom shaka laka more time to prepare for the Chel53a game after this match. But still want us to field our best available team in this match. We under estimated Qarabag at home earlier. And they almost made us pay for that as they scored first. Fortunately for us, Son inspired us to come back from behind to win. So, we should take them seriously at their place now. Afterall, we lost to Anderlecht in our previous EL match. So, we need to get back into winning form in Europe. Hope we will do just that against Qarabag.

Hope Pochettino will play our best available players in this match, especially Kane. Kane has been in good goal scoring form recently. I am sure he wants to continue that run. You don't want him to lose his goal scoring momentum at this stage. Besides, we don't have any other consistent goal scorer now. Son has looked rusty since coming back from injury. After scoring 2 goals against Qarabag at home, hope he can find back his form in this match. Similiarly, want to see Lamela continue his good form this season, maybe scoring or assisting a goal or two. Eriksen is another player who can inspire us in this match if he is at his best. Wish Eriksen can score in this match as he is capable of scoring more goals for us.

Maybe we can reshuffle our midfield a bit since we seem to have a few options. Won't mind if we rest the likes of Alli and Dier. I think Alli needs some rest as he has been playing too many matches despite being only 19. Mason and Dembele can play in their place. Dembele has been in good form recently. Surely, we want him to continue this momentum.

Similiarly, want Vertonghen and Alderweireldn to continue their good performance in defence. Maybe, Pochettino will be tempted to play Vorm in place of Lloris. But somehow, I am still not convinced of Vorm as he makes too many mistakes. Regardless of who plays, just hope we can keep a clean sheet for once !

Can see Qarabag making it a difficult match for us. Just hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get the win !
Alli is suspended for the next league game, so he can put in a shift and get 10 days off after that to recover. As for playing Kane, I don't think he'll all of a sudden lose his goal-scoring touch if we rest him for a midweek game.

Everybody dance now!

Wish Chadli and Njie are back from injury. That would give us more attacking options. Performance is not really important in this match as long as we win. T

Not privy to the same information? Does Poch have a special Europa League Group J table were a loss today and a win against Monaco at home doesnt get us into the next room?

No but he does have data from the heart monitors and GPS trackers that the players wear in training. Medical reports. The output from Mitchell's magic black box. Conversations with the players and coaching staff. Reports from the team of analysts who watch every game. And a far better knowledge of what it takes to manage a professional football club than you or I.

In an ideal world if we can have the game wrapped up by half time we can then rest Kane and Eriksen and then take Dier off later on.

but knowing us it'll be 1-1 with 10 minutes to go and Kane will stay on.

No but he does have data from the heart monitors and GPS trackers that the players wear in training. Medical reports. The output from Mitchell's magic black box. Conversations with the players and coaching staff. Reports from the team of analysts who watch every game. And a far better knowledge of what it takes to manage a professional football club than you or I.

If he had the data that shows that travelling 5000 miles and playing a game arriving back 48 hours before the Chelsea game makes absolutely no difference then why did he say chelsea have an advantage! http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...help-ahead-of-5000-mile-qarabag-a6749521.html
If he thinks it gives chelsea an advantage and it doesn't matter if we win or lose tonight then why has he done this?

If he had the data that shows that travelling 5000 miles and playing a game arriving back 48 hours before the Chel53a game makes absolutely no difference then why did he say Chel53a have an advantage! http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...help-ahead-of-5000-mile-qarabag-a6749521.html
If he thinks it gives Chel53a an advantage and it doesn't matter if we win or lose tonight then why has he done this?

Because presumably this competition is a reasonably high priority for us and he does not want it to go to the last game to make sure that we progress.

Can you guys ever just admit Poch occasionally makes mistakes?
We all like the guy but defending him blindly over this is not productive.
I understand Gutter's Boy wanting to prioritise the Europa more than "the 10 hour round trip to Asia will have effect" "dont ever question Poch" argument.

The guy has even come out today and said he thinks Chel53a have a huge advantage http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...elp-ahead-of-5000-mile-qarabag-a6749521.html? and yet he still refuses to prioritise the league.
Blasphemer ! Out ye heathen ! All bow down before the altar of the Mighty El Poche !!!

Seriously, I do hope we come away with no injuries. And a win. I do think we need a good performance and result. Considering we host the chavs, on Sunday. A rather big game.

If he had the data that shows that travelling 5000 miles and playing a game arriving back 48 hours before the Chel53a game makes absolutely no difference then why did he say Chel53a have an advantage! http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...help-ahead-of-5000-mile-qarabag-a6749521.html
If he thinks it gives Chel53a an advantage and it doesn't matter if we win or lose tonight then why has he done this?

I think he is trying to create a mentality where the players...unlike the fans....don't think 'ah its Qarabag...Chelsea is more important...

The fixtures schedule is out of our control...what can we do?

Our full backs will be rested...as will the moose....we are creating an in it together mentality...everyone is fighting the cause no one is making excuses...this is the right way to go and I prefer this to Harry's I dont give a fudge about the competition approach...or the europa league is a hindrance...

We are always going to be up against it this week.....what do we do???? I would rather we don't go down the route of moaning and making excuses.

That was?

He said by playing on a Sunday can be a blessing or a curse. A blessing if the teams around you lose on the Saturday as it takes the pressure of for your Sunday game but when the teams around you are doing well and are winning on Saturdays you go into your Sunday games knowing that you have to win and the pressure can build.

Back