• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ FK OMT ***

When does the Monaco game fall?

I between WBA A and Saudi Sportswashing Machine H to answer my own question

There a difference between pointing out when he makes a mistake and wanting him out of the club.
The guy is doing a great job but repeatedly messes up with prioritising the wrong games.
Unfortunately if anyone mentions anything slightly against him on here now 10 people jump on their backs with the nauseating "in poch we trust" bs.
The guy is allowed to make mistakes. But they are mistakes. He's not infallible.

I'd written a whole diatribe but what's the point? You're on one and anything I say will just cause you to dig your heels in deeper and make more comments about people being 'nauseating'. So...have at it...but still fascinated to see how what he did constitutes a 'mistake' given we haven't played the Chelski game yet and we won this one? Or given how you have absolutely no idea what his plan for this season is...

Nice result!
Listened to the end on talkbricke, Danny murthy singing toby's praises "not a foot wrong", "not a single misplaced pass".
This being talkbricke he mentioned he should be a target for the top European clubs....
On the Durham an Goff programme there was continual Kane to scumsea talk.
Trying to unsettle us before we dismantle chelscum in my view.

On the Durham an Goff programme there was continual Kane to scumsea talk.
Trying to unsettle us before we dismantle chelscum in my view.

Indeed, except in truth it would only work if the bloke had any interest. Which he hasn't. So it's funny really. Wait until Roman tried to nick Poch hahahahaha. Wannnkkers.

Let's see, shall we?

'We have a coach who doesn't understand the club...'

You know, I think speaking of recent years, he might be right Milo. Poch doesn't understand why we should constantly fudging settle for the odd moment when we have the potential, class and quality to really take it to the league for years to come. Not only is this squad tough they play some great stuff too. Low concession and high scoring, bigger goal difference than I can remember in years and consistently undefeated. Yup. He doesn't understand why we should not be the giants we once were, and he is making damn sure that not only do we go for that again, but when we get there, we stay!!!! So in fact, hats off to Modric! He knows! ;)

'We have a coach who doesn't understand the club...'

You know, I think speaking of recent years, he might be right Milo. Poch doesn't understand why we should constantly fudgeing settle for the odd moment when we have the potential, class and quality to really take it to the league for years to come. Not only is this squad tough they play some great stuff too. Low concession and high scoring, bigger goal difference than I can remember in years and consistently undefeated. Yup. He doesn't understand why we should not be the giants we once were, and he is making damn sure that not only do we go for that again, but when we get there, we stay!!!! So in fact, hats off to Modric! He knows! ;)
yeah.....and if he was playing for us we would have been so much stronger....lol...oh well, I wonder if Modders and Bale are looking over their shoulder...what could have been.All about the money though innit.... |If they had stayed with us they still could have been loaded and made some Real Hotspur history into the bargain with us. Let's not forget how we have missed out and it was us that helped to bring those players through to where they are now.

Its all starting to go a bit pear-shaped for them now. :cool:

Turns out if he had stayed at home with the first team and sent Ugo Ehiogu and the u21s an lost say 4-0 it wouldn't have made much difference.
A draw at home against Monaco would have sent us through anyway.

Not sure about that tbh

If we had lost say 3-0
Anderlecht 7pts +1
Tottenham/Qarabag 7pts Level GD
Then both final games finish as draws I think Anderlecht would finish as Group winners and Qarabag 2nd as they would have had a better head-to-head against us.

I could be wrong through

As it is, we look good now to finish top. Had a quick scan through the current 2nd place teams in the other groups....you know we are going to draw Villareal in the Last 32 (although I would love to see us play St Etienne - old school Euro night)

Not sure about that tbh

If we had lost say 3-0
Anderlecht 7pts +1
Tottenham/Qarabag 7pts Level GD
Then both final games finish as draws I think Anderlecht would finish as Group winners and Qarabag 2nd as they would have had a better head-to-head against us.

I could be wrong through

GD wouldnt come into
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_UEFA_Europa_League

Tiebreakers
The teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss). If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine the rankings (regulations Article 16.01):[4]
  1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
So in the 3 three team mini league Qarabag would have 7, us 6 , Anderlecht 4.

GD wouldnt come into
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_UEFA_Europa_League

Tiebreakers
The teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss). If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine the rankings (regulations Article 16.01):[4]
  1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
So in the 3 three team mini league Qarabag would have 7, us 6 , Anderlecht 4.

Ah, cheers for that.

Any idea what happens if we lose v Monaco and Anderlecht beat Qarabag. We both beat each other 2-1 in our home legs. Would GD come into then to determine Group winners?

Turns out if he had stayed at home with the first team and sent Ugo Ehiogu and the u21s an lost say 4-0 it wouldn't have made much difference.
A draw at home against Monaco would have sent us through anyway.

Also turns out that by the time the Monaco games comes along we may have some injuries to key players making a draw a tough ask. Monaco are no mugs. It's better to secure your future early, imho.

We are qualified now. If we lose on Sunday, it won't necessarily be as a result of this fixture and the truth is we will never know. We are not playing the Chelsea of a few weeks ago, they've played themselves into a bit of form. They are still a dangerous team and have players that would walk into our team.

I don't understand why you are getting so upset about this given that you don't even know what the Chelsea result is. If we beat them, will you apologise and admit that you are wrong?

I don't recall anyone on here saying that goals are never scored from crosses or corners.

But some have argued that they aren't worth practicing. A crucial goal against Spam and the winner tonight merely adds weight to the counter argument that is all.

Also turns out that by the time the Monaco games comes along we may have some injuries to key players making a draw a tough ask. Monaco are no mugs. It's better to secure your future early, imho.

We are qualified now. If we lose on Sunday, it won't necessarily be as a result of this fixture and the truth is we will never know. We are not playing the Chel53a of a few weeks ago, they've played themselves into a bit of form. They are still a dangerous team and have players that would walk into our team.

I don't understand why you are getting so upset about this given that you don't even know what the Chel53a result is. If we beat them, will you apologise and admit that you are wrong?

In fairness to him, this is part of a consistent attempt to decelerate the Poch love-in which Modric feels has been in effect all season. In fairness to those of us enjoying the love in, there's been little reason not to enjoy it for the moment. Thus we have two viewpoints. The issue I have is with the criticism of 'mistakes' which haven't yet happened. Of course (and as you point out) Sunday's result will have nothing much to do with this game in the end (probably the bigger point will be how we do without Alli - I think we will be OK) but the table has been set. I believe we will continue our undefeated streak.

But some have argued that they aren't worth practicing. A crucial goal against Spam and the winner tonight merely adds weight to the counter argument that is all.

How does it show that they are worth prioritising in training (my understanding of your argument has always been that they should be prioritise over other areas)?

Shouldn't we expect to see sequences where we are scoring from corners regardless ofwhether we put in additional training on this?

Last edited:
Back