• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich City OMT ***

Hang on. so let's get this right.

Ben, an ITK I really rate on injuries and stuff has said 4 weks out for JD, and aVB, who's the BIG ITK along with JD and his missus says he's playing tomorrow

WTF!!!!!!!

Some bruised egos tomorrow. Not that Ben cares, but I'll never trust him again if JD trots out tomorrow.

Of course I hope JD plays - Holtby too.

Hang on. so let's get this right.

Ben, an ITK I really rate on injuries and stuff has said 4 weks out for JD, and aVB, who's the BIG ITK along with JD and his missus says he's playing tomorrow

WTF!!!!!!!

Some bruised egos tomorrow. Not that Ben cares, but I'll never trust him again if JD trots out tomorrow.

Of course I hope JD plays - Holtby too.

AVB said that he's been carrying an injury but says he won't be needing surgery. I guess Ben got the info of Defoe needing surgery which would mean 4 weeks out. It looks like he'll play tomorrow now but it doesn't necessarily mean Ben was wrong.

AVB said that he's been carrying an injury but says he won't be needing surgery. I guess Ben got the info of Defoe needing surgery which would mean 4 weeks out. It looks like he'll play tomorrow now but it doesn't necessarily mean Ben was wrong.

Where did he say he's been carrying an injury?

and how exactly is Ben not wrong if he says Defoe is out for 4 weeks and he plays tomorrow?

"We are happy to take the risk and stay with the strikers we have at the moment, but that doesn't mean we are not looking at other possibilities," stated the Tottenham boss, who has again been linked with Brazilian forward Leandro Damiao in recent days.

"We have had good news on Defoe's injury and it is not true that he will require surgery, so this is extremely important for us and I am also extremely happy with the way Clint Dempsey is playing in the forward position.

"The goal that he scored on Sunday against Leeds showed that. It was a striker kind of goal and he made the run in the first place to score. Obviously, he hasn't been used too often in this position in England, but it doesn't mean he can't play it."

Fair comments. We'll see. But Ben was unequivocal AFAIK, JD out for 4 weeks. To me his credibility will be smashed to bits if JD plays tomorrow.

Need a decent performance. Last 3 games havent been up to scratch - QPR and Leeds performances were dire, ManU was average. Most alarming about these 3 poor consecutive performances is that it was around this time last year when our form plummeted as well

So let's recap - last 4 Rangers league games - beat champions of Europe, draw away to west ham, draw at home to the champions of England, and draw at home to us. Yet our performance is dire. As I said before I disagree, the City game now means I massively disagree.

I also disagreed about your call on Utd, and still do.

Can't see us winning this i'm afraid; Norwich will bully us I fear, especially now Sandro is not around to back-up Dembele in a more muscular way than Parker.

3-1 Norwich :(

Norwich-supporting mate of mine who's going tonight is in the depths of despair about their form. He reckoned on 4-1 to us. I had to ask him whether he'd seen our strikers! I won't do any predictions. Merely pitch-up and home it's something close to the quality of performance we put in last time at Carrow Road in the League. One of the best I've ever seen away from home.

Fair comments. We'll see. But Ben was unequivocal AFAIK, JD out for 4 weeks. To me his credibility will be smashed to bits if JD plays tomorrow.

which ITK first said Defoe had an MRI....correct because AVB confirmed it

Tottenham are using the once controversial blood-spinning recovery technique in an attempt to save Jermain Defoe's season.

The England international has been carrying a pelvic injury for a month and the problem has escalated so much that he was forced to miss Sunday's FA Cup defeat against Leeds.

Manager Andre Villas-Boas hopes Defoe can face Norwich City tonight, though there are fears that the striker could need surgery to cure the problem.

And the Spurs medical team are using the blood-spinning method in a bid to keep their top-scorer on the pitch during the crucial next three months.

The technique involves a small sample of a person's blood injected out of the body before it is spun to increase the concentration of the growth hormone.

The blood sample is then injected into the athlete's problem area which can help an injury heal five times faster.

In 2005, Chelsea, managed by Jose Mourinho, were warned by the World Anti-Doping Agency that their use of the method maybe be unlawful after it emerged the club used the technique to speed up Arjen Robben's recovery from injury. However, blood-spinning is more commonly used in sport today.

The Portuguese said: 'We acknowledged that resting him for Leeds was almost compulsory so we let him out of the game and he has made an excellent recovery so he is back on

'In muscle injuries there is always a risk of it showing up again, but the medical department feel positive about it and the player is positive and he knows his body well.

'He has had an injection and the MRI scan showed only a grade one injury. Normally grade one injuries can take various days to recover depending on the player's body. We are happy with the development of his injury and the player feels well about his body and feels no pain.

'We believe a lot in the treatment. It is a technique that we have been using since the beginning of the season. It is not common but does happen from club to club.

'The player adhered to the treatment very, very well so we can move forward.'

just realised Holtby is in the squad for this one, fudging A! goal on debut, bet my left nut on it.

Just as a matter of fact both diagnoses and recommended treatments can vary day to day.
And as a matter of conjecture it is better to have all your strikers "fit" if you are looking to buy another striker.

I thought we did not deserve to lose against Norwich in the League Cup. I would not be surprised if Verts does not start.
If Defoe does not start I would give Obika another chance.

Due to the FA Cup game being played on Sunday, the game was postponed last night and rescheduled to played tonight

just realised Holtby is in the squad for this one, fudging A! goal on debut, bet my left nut on it.

If you do lose I don't want your left nut, but I'm sure you'll find someone on here that will enjoy it ;)

I would be careful with those bets though, very likely that Holtby will start on the bench and only get half an hour in the second half or something like that.

Was the game postponed last night or is it tonight?

It was moved because we had the FA cup game on Sunday. So yes, it's tonight.

This is a tough game and the type we are bound to lose. We really need to win just to keep our noses ahead of the pack with some tough games coming up.

I am really concerned about the Sandro injury as he just gave us that steel that we need.

Bale is due a goal, and a good game, dembele could also do with a goal.

Back