• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich City OMT ***

......................Dempsey
Bale........................................Lennon
....................Sigurdsson
.........Dembele..............Parker

BAE.....Verts................Dawson...Walker

......................Lloris

Need a decent performance. Last 3 games havent been up to scratch - QPR and Leeds performances were dire, ManU was average. Most alarming about these 3 poor consecutive performances is that it was around this time last year when our form plummeted as well

I would play Bale up top if Defoe isn't playing. He destroyed Norwich last season when in a central position and i think he can have the same sort of effect. Dempsey drifting in from the left and Sig just off Bale (altough i wouldn't mind Dempsey starting centrally and Sig drifting from the left either).

Actually i think it would work better if Sig drifted from the left and Dempey attacked the area:

---------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------

Walker--------------Dawson----------Vertonghen-------------Ekotto

Lennon---------------Dembele-------Parker---------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------Sigurddson--------

--------------------------------Dempsey---------------------------------

----------------------------------Bale------------------------------------

Last edited:
(altough i wouldn't mind Dempsey starting centrally and Sig drifting from the left either).

I like this idea too. Sigs best performances have been whilst he's been on the left and we prob need to keep Dempsey central as he is the form man when it comes to goals.

....maybe Bale would convert to a striker like another winger who played down the road.

I would play Bale up top if Defoe isn't playing. He destroyed Norwich last season when in a central position and i think he can have the same sort of effect. Dempsey drifting in from the left and Sig just off Bale (altough i wouldn't mind Dempsey starting centrally and Sig drifting from the left either).

Actually i think it would work better if Sig drifted from the left and Dempey attacked the area:

Agreed.

I said to my mate this could well happen... I might tweak that shape a touch, but can see Bale uptop for a game for sure!

no no no no no. One of Harry's failings, particularly in the second half of last season, was to try to compensate for one player being out by moving other players out of position (worst case being playing Modric wide at times when Lennon or Bale was out). Generally, should keep your best players in their best positions and then if someone is out bring in the next best in that position. Whats the point of moving a decent player out of the best position and into a position where they are less effective (if they were more effective in that position then thats where they would always play). Would mean that you've lost on eplayer and are compounding it by weakening other positions

Need a decent performance. Last 3 games havent been up to scratch - QPR and Leeds performances were dire, ManU was average. Most alarming about these 3 poor consecutive performances is that it was around this time last year when our form plummeted as well

Cheer up mate, dont worry about something before it happens :)

I like it, let Bale run riot and give him license to roam and cause as much damage as possible.

no no no no no. One of Harry's failings, particularly in the second half of last season, was to try to compensate for one player being out by moving other players out of position (worst case being playing Modric wide at times when Lennon or Bale was out). Generally, should keep your best players in their best positions and then if someone is out bring in the next best in that position. Whats the point of moving a decent player out of the best position and into a position where they are less effective (if they were more effective in that position then thats where they would always play). Would mean that you've lost on eplayer and are compounding it by weakening other positions

This would be fair comment....................IF we had a proper replacement for a CF. But we don't. So I'm willing to stick bale in there.

This would be fair comment....................IF we had a proper replacement for a CF. But we don't. So I'm willing to stick bale in there.

Yeah, its more a case of "Desperate times".

Essentially it's only moving Bale, and on the plus side we could just revert to Dempsey upfront and sig behind if it's not working out.

Maybe they could even rotate positions throughout the game..., surely got to be better than the Leeds performance.

Bale couldn't even play upfront effectively against the bloody New York Red Bulls in pre season.
He pulled out of every aerial challenge and was easily bullied off the ball.

Yes he was the technique and the physique to play upfront but he not ready to put his body on the line against a centre half or a keeper the way a top forward does.
He doesn't have it in him mentally to play that role.

I have to disagree with this, we played well v Utd and did okay v QPR.

Back