• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

The passing stats tell a story if you look at the pattern.

Our passes had little cross-over sideways, they were mostly forwards with some backwards, very few are just sideways. Most passes are along the axis of the pitch.

The United pattern is very different. Its a jumble of passes forwards, backwards and sideways, with the latter dominant. Most passes are across the axis of the pitch. Their long forward passes are rare and no more successful than ours.

I'll add that most of our long forward passes originated from the penalty area. although as I only saw the highlights :)() I can't say if they are goalkeeper or defenders.

The passing stats tell a story if you look at the pattern.

Our passes had little cross-over sideways, they were mostly forwards with some backwards, very few are just sideways. Most passes are along the axis of the pitch.

The United pattern is very different. Its a jumble of passes forwards, backwards and sideways, with the latter dominant. Most passes are across the axis of the pitch. Their long forward passes are rare and no more successful than ours.

I'll add that most of our long forward passes originated from the penalty area. although as I only saw the highlights :)() I can't say if they are goalkeeper or defenders.
Great post.

Ryan Giggs and Scholes are 38 and 37 respectively?! wow. Finally we have beaten them! woohoo. Jammy as hell but hey, we deserve that.

What was different between this performance and so so many others over the years at Old Trafford? I don't think we necessarily played better at all, just the Football Gods were smiling on us, just this once.

What was different between this performance and so so many others over the years at Old Trafford? I don't think we necessarily played better at all, just the Football Gods were smiling on us, just this once.

Howard Webb would have given them at least one penalty from their calls. I'm absolutely certain of it.

About time too. I well remember the time we were 2-0 up and fully in control of the game until Webb gave them that dodgy pen against Gomes and they came back and won. Thought for one moment that history might be coming back to haunt us once again.

About time too. I well remember the time we were 2-0 up and fully in control of the game until Webb gave them that dodgy pen against Gomes and they came back and won. Thought for one moment that history might be coming back to haunt us once again.

Me too. I wonder how many Spurs fans were thinking the same.

These hapless runs against a team like United go on for so long that none of the players or management were involved when it started, yet the pattern continues. The new players pick up on the history and nervousness. Thank GHod that one is over.

Years ago, I remember we had a record of not winning at Anfield since (I think) 1911. We finally ended that 80s, after more than 70 years.

Edit: It was 1912 when we won at Anfield and not again until 1985. 73 years! (link)

Last edited:
Me too. I wonder how many Spurs fans were thinking the same.

These hapless runs against a team like United go on for so long that none of the players or management were involved when it started, yet the pattern continues. The new players pick up on the history and nervousness. Thank GHod that one is over.

Years ago, I remember we had a record of not winning at Anfield since (I think) 1911. We finally ended that 80s, after more than 70 years.

Blatantly, we all jumped up and celebrated Bale's goals and then said "ffs what have we done". I think LOADS of spurs fans thought the same.

UNITED SIGN BALE!

P0057.png

One of our directors is a Man Utd fan and I've been on the wrong end of tinkletaking for far too long now.

I took the higher ground today though and refused to say a word about the match. I did make sure the girls in the office have him his coffee in my old "Spurs are magic" Junior Spurs mug though.

I found the following in the Independent funny.

Once, when he was asked why Sir Alex Ferguson was suddenly so nice about him, Arsène Wenger replied wistfully that he was no longer seen as a threat at Old Trafford.

Manchester United's great helmsman invariably lavishes praise on those he regularly beats. Usually, when they play Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Ferguson will highlight their open football, their readiness to make a game of it. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have not won at Old Trafford since 1972.

Tottenham Hotspur had not won there since 1989. In his programme notes, Ferguson was gushing: "Managers and coaches come and go but it seems to be in the genes at Tottenham that they will play with a quality and style that is good to watch."

He was not quite so complimentary after the final whistle, attacking Spurs goalkeeper Brad Friedel for time-wasting and claiming it was "an insult to the game" that referee Chris Foy had added only four minutes of stoppage time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-manchester-uniteds-patrice-evra-8191431.html

Back