• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs MAN UNITED -OMT***

Ive already answered that. Given that we dont have Parker I think we should be careful - I probably wouldnt start VDV.

Clearly though VDV was not fit last week, hasnt played in ages and so will not be 100% today at all. So it seems like a pointless question.

Oh i agree, he can perform several roles, but performing some of them at the same time is more difficult. If he is dropping into midfield to shore us up and aid us in dominating possession, people will give him flack for not getting into goalscoring positions.

It is a dilemma i do not think he can win in some fans eyes.

Perhaps, but for Harry and for Spurs the ability he has to perform different roles is a big positive for us and gives us real options in formation/style.

Perhaps, but for Harry and for Spurs the ability he has to perform different roles is a big positive for us and gives us real options in formation/style.

It would give us more if the team could react to him/his movements more intuitively.

given his tendancy to roam around we need to compensate quickly in filling the spaces he vacates, I feel we dont do this well enough at all.

It seems that you wanted to prove something given the context of the conversation at the time. As I said, typical straw man kind of argument being formed.

Otherwise it seems a little... random.

Fair enough though. In your hypothetical situation, is Parker available? As Ive already stated twice, Ive answered your question already otherwise

I think so.

Utd will have numbers in the middle and pace on the flanks, we cannot go 442 against them. And with VDV we will be going 2 v 3 in the middle quite a lot - with VDV not getting in to support our 2 often enough.

I would probably go Livermore and Sandro as defensive shield and Modric in the more advanced role.

I think we are more secure like this, with Modric offering more balance than VDV - on the proviso Lennon and Bale do their damndest to support Adebayor.

Also, given the shape of Utds defense these days it would suit a more counter attacking style with Adebayor and that pce on the wings.

I think so.

Utd will have numbers in the middle and pace on the flanks, we cannot go 442 against them. And with VDV we will be going 2 v 3 in the middle quite a lot - with VDV not getting in to support our 2 often enough.

I would probably go Livermore and Sandro as defensive shield and Modric in the more advanced role.

I think we are more secure like this, with Modric offering more balance than VDV - on the proviso Lennon and Bale do their damndest to support Adebayor.

Also, given the shape of Utds defense these days it would suit a more counter attacking style with Adebayor and that pce on the wings.

With the exception of the match against Liverpool Man Utd's defeats have been against teams playing 2 strikers this season. Gerrard play as a second striker and VDV lacks the strength, discipline and work ethic to do what Gerrard does

I think so.

I actually think Man Utd's central midfield is nothing special, it is on the flanks and up front where they cause all the pain - I would go 442

VDV is one of our World class players and is a MUST to play, if fit! He can link play between midfield and ADE up front and finds himself all over the pitch where he needs to be as he is also the cleverest footballer we have. Our system should be our tried and tested formation of 4-4-1-1, which has taken us to 3rd in the table. Playing Bale in a free role is our downfall over the last few weeks and blame must go to Harry 'run about' Redknapp! Today, I go for
Friedel
Walker Kaboul King BAE
Lennon Modric Livermore Bale
Van Der Vaart
Adebayor

And then Victory will be ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COYSCOYSCOYSCOYSCOYS

With the exception of the match against Liverpool Man Utd's defeats have been against teams playing 2 strikers this season. Gerrard play as a second striker and VDV lacks the strength, discipline and work ethic to do what Gerrard does

Have i missed something here?

United might have lost to teams that listed 2 strikers in their starting X1 but there was no way they played 2 up top during the match. Against Blackburn Yakubu was clearly up top by himself and they packed the midfield. Against City they played Balo up top with Aguero , Silva , and Milner supporting. That was 4-2-3-1.

If anything they've lost all 3 games to teams that played 1 up top.

Back