• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Luton OMT***

Bonkers will do!

Footage around 2:17 here:

Nothing too dramatic, but Luton away might be a good chance to put Richarlison down the middle and rest Son.

Do the Koreans literally turn up and only watch Sonny? Fair do's but they must have a really strange take on the way Spurs play.

That’s right. But if Maddison, Son or any other player is carrying a knock then resting against Luton is better than potentially causing more damage. We should have enough to beat Luton without one of them.

Again, that is only based on what I saw on Saturday. There’s every chance they turned up today and will turn up every other day this week without issue. In which case, they must play.
I doubt the goal scoring abilities of Richy and the creation and general incisiveness of our passing without Maddison. If we were to not start them this match becomes very tight and rather more difficult than it needs to be imo.

To a certain extent Liverpool exhibited to the rest of the PL our fairly obvious weakness. Which is that we need space to play our game. I'd expect Luton to play this one very tight, I think it's very unlikely to be a free flowing game. The chances we do get might be at a bit of a premium.

I'd rather start the key two, get a goal or two ahead and then rest and rotate the rest of the squad in unless they are literally on the red line before injury.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I doubt the goal scoring abilities of Richy and the creation and general incisiveness of our passing without Maddison. If we were to not start them this match becomes very tight and rather more difficult than it needs to be imo

Then we are truly fudged if either gets an injury. Surely it’s better to rotate a player or two as and when we can, to protect those players as well as help get the other squad players up to speed with the new style + motivate them; players will inevitably get frustrated if they realise they’re only ever going to get 10/15 minute cameos.

I wouldn’t rest both Son and Maddison, but I would consider resting one of them if they’re not fully fit, along with Royal for Porro, Johnson for Kulusevski or a number of other potential changes.

Again, only 1 or 2 changes to keep things fresh.

Did anyone watch some or all of the Luton v Burnley game yesterday? If so, any key takeaways that haven't been seen earlier in the season, e.g. has their coach changed any tactics recently and hence the win at Everton etc

Saw some… luton is tinkle poor defending corners and freekicks.
When they went 0-1 they moved the team up and only had 1 back, if they do that against us they are getting a trashing. Do we have Johnson back? I feel they are holding back but the press on the ball is bad..

Saw some… luton is tinkle poor defending corners and freekicks.
When they went 0-1 they moved the team up and only had 1 back, if they do that against us they are getting a trashing. Do we have Johnson back? I feel they are holding back but the press on the ball is bad..
Johnson’s not been called up to the Wales squad because of injury, so guess he’s out of this one.

In this like all other games we should play our best team based on form and physical condition, we have 9 players on bench and can use them. Let's try and put the rotation fad away for a bit, 8 games players should be hitting their peak not knackered.

If anything cut down their training during the week.

In this like all other games we should play our best team based on form and physical condition, we have 9 players on bench and can use them. Let's try and put the rotation fad away for a bit, 8 games players should be hitting their peak not knackered.
It's not as simple as to do with how tired players are though. You can't just play the same team every game week in week out because we are going to get injuries and suspensions and then be asking players to come in from the cold and perform who have barely had any minutes. And not just that but the squad cohesion element - Ange will want to make squad members feel part of the setup. Without Europe, we are going to have to give some game time to some squad players in league games and I'm not taking Luton lightly at all but this is the type of opposition where we must be considering this. Not wholesale changes, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a couple rotated.....

It's not as simple as to do with how tired players are though. You can't just play the same team every game week in week out because we are going to get injuries and suspensions and then be asking players to come in from the cold and perform who have barely had any minutes. And not just that but the squad cohesion element - Ange will want to make squad members feel part of the setup. Without Europe, we are going to have to give some game time to some squad players in league games and I'm not taking Luton lightly at all but this is the type of opposition where we must be considering this. Not wholesale changes, but I wouldnt be surprised to see a couple rotated.....

I'm not against selecting teams based tactical reasons or fitness but please dump the "rotation" word and I cant understand the give 'em a game theory, you need more than one game now and then to fit in the team effectively.

Back