• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

Ok, i've taken a bit of stock now. Was watching on SkyGo from the other side of the livinbg room. Only saw second half and was mostly without sound.

Thought Verts gave away a pen against Sturridge and was happy ref blew before the contact (for offside?).

The ACTUAL PENALTY: WTF IS WRONG WITH BENNY? Crazy back-pass from Defoe (what was HE thinking?? Are too many thinking Lloris is that good at coming off his line???) but the seemingly casual reaction to giving away the penalty from BAE. I mean did he even CARE????? Because the sound was off I thought the ref had not given the penalty, so casual was Benny in his body langauge. WTF?!

So fustrated that those goons on RAWK are going to think they're 'back' now.

Livermore seemed steady, can't understand why he seems to be getting stick. Some lovely moves in the middle especially the one that led to a Defoe shot.

I had this down as gthe one in our current stretch from Jan that we woyuld lose so i shouldn't feel to bad; but to give it away like that? Maddening.

Still I'll probably forget this if we beat Fulham next week AND Arsenal don't win in Swansea.

COYS

Stayed away for two hours. Had a feeling this thread might be bedlam.

Just heard Rodgers saying his team showed characther..they didnt need too, quite frankly we handed them all 3 points. I didnt expect us to get anything today pre-kick-off, but to lose from the position we were in was heartbreaking.
Next 2 games are season-defining, get through v Milan will give the club a boost and then we need to go into the break with a win v Fulham to restore confidence.
Blow up v Inter and the season could fall apart quite quickly.

Very pleased we didnt appear to tire as much as I felt we might bearing in mind the intensity of the performance on Thursday night. That was a plus.
Failure to secure a Lennon-replacement and another striker in Jan cost us dear today. Defoe is getting a lot of stick, but I honestly believe we are being forced to play him when he is not 100% fit because of our striker situation.

This.

I said it at the time. A new top striker in Jan was a must. It is looking increasingly likely I was right (unfortunately). Unless Ade finds some form or Defoe starts banging em in again, we are making like its deja vu time all over again. The signs were on the walls, writ large - we just didnt see them. AGAIN

Stayed away for two hours. Had a feeling this thread might be bedlam.

Just heard Rodgers saying his team showed characther..they didnt need too, quite frankly we handed them all 3 points. I didnt expect us to get anything today pre-kick-off, but to lose from the position we were in was heartbreaking.
Next 2 games are season-defining, get through v Milan will give the club a boost and then we need to go into the break with a win v Fulham to restore confidence.
Blow up v Inter and the season could fall apart quite quickly.

Very pleased we didnt appear to tire as much as I felt we might bearing in mind the intensity of the performance on Thursday night. That was a plus.
Failure to secure a Lennon-replacement and another striker in Jan cost us dear today. Defoe is getting a lot of stick, but I honestly believe we are being forced to play him when he is not 100% fit because of our striker situation.

This.

I said it at the time. A new top striker in Jan was a must. It is looking increasingly likely I was right (unfortunately). Unless Ade finds some form or Defoe starts banging em in again, we are making like its deja vu time all over again. The signs were on the walls, writ large - we just didnt see them. AGAIN

First league defeat in months.
Gave this one away.
Season ends in May.
Have some faith mate...

First league defeat in months.
Gave this one away.
Season ends in May.
Have some faith mate...

Would love to have your faith Steff I really would, Today and recent games have felt like we are playing with 10 men. Bales heroics are not always going to get us out of trouble. A top striker is required to help share the load. Neither Ade nor Defoe leading the line are up to it. It is like make do and mend the whole time. I agree AVB is making the best of it but we have a glaring weakness up top which you seem to be in denial of.

Just noticed on MOTD that Benny didnt join in in the huddle at the beginning to the match. Is his heart really in it atm?

Hm, that could be why AVB hasn't warmed to him or Ade - he's pretty big on team spirit from what I've seen. Personally I think Benny would be one of our most gutted players if he left (the man doth protest too much) but quality-wise, both our FBs need to buck up at the ends of the pitch. We're not concentrating hard enough in our own third, and not clever enough in theirs. FBs were amongst the most important positions in AVB's system at Porto, so I would not be terribly surprised to see us buy some FB competition this summer (though you could say Fryers at 3m is kinda that, whilst Adam Smith and Rose are both doing very well on loan).

Again, slight annoyance with the fact that players who get into slight 'fisticuffs' with opposition players are often fighting battles on theor own. Talking especially about the slight scuffle at the end involving Suarez. Oh for a Graham Roberts to get a late red for a crude reducer as retaliation for other challenges.

Shame Sandro aint available to play City and snap Lescott in two....:twisted:

Last edited:
I have just got in and have only read the last few posts. Our strikers did not make us lose. Our defence made us lose and only because of the excellence of Suarez.

What a couple of fudge ups. And to do it against those ****s. Bloody hell. Love Rodgers trying to credit his boys for a fantastic performance. Not hard to win games when the opposition gift wrap it for you.

Really disappointed by the defeat. After being unbeaten in the league for so long, it is really difficult to accept it. But we have only ourselves to blame. I think over confidence and complacency cost us this match. There were too many players not playing to their best. Maybe they are tired after playing against Inter in midweek. But still there is no excuse to lose this match the way we did it. Just like against Everton, we have wasted a lead to lose this match which is really difficult to accept.

It is easy to blame the defence for conceding the 3 goals. But I blame Sigurdsson for missing the chance to put us 3-1 after the brilliant run and cross by Bale. He should have passed to the unmarked Defoe when the tie was 2-1. If we had scored that chance, that would have destroyed Liverpool and they wouldn't have come back. Sigurdsson also wasted a good chance in the first half. It is really disappointing Sigurdsson has not continued his good form he had shown n recent matches.

We had rely on Bale's goals to win matches for too long. It is hardly surprising that we have lost our unbeaten record once Bale has stopped scoring now. It was not surpring that he was tighly marked. He did well to create the goals for Vertonghen but other than that was largely quiet. I think we badly missed Lennon in this match. He could have exploited the Liverpool defence concentrating on Bale. Players like Defoe, Dembele and Sigurdsson just didn't do enough to support our attack. Even Holty was disappointing when he came on.

I think our entire defence was at fault for this defeat. Dawson was at fault for the first goal, Walker and Lloris for the second goal and BAE for stupidly conceding the penalty for the third goal. Even Vertonghen was lucky not to give away a penalty. Vertonghen did well to score 2 goals but wish he had helped us to stop Liverpool scoring instead. Our defence got complacent at crucial time of this match. I can never understand why players make back passes to the goalie when under no pressure, especially when they are long way from the goalie. This would always put undue pressure on the goalie. Don't know why managers don't want to ban the back passes to the goalie. We tend to do it all the time. And it cost us badly this time. Walker was really stupid to make that long back pass to Lloris. Lloris for his part should have done better with the clearance. Dawson also was guilty for not stopping the pass to Suarez for their first goal. But the most annoying mistake was when BAE conceded the penalty and didn't even protest to the ref. I think the ref was influenced by BAE showing no emotion as if he was guilty.

It is really disappointing to lose our 12-match unbeaten record in the league like this. It would have been easier to accept if we had not taken the lead. But to lose despite leading is really annoying. It shows we still need to improve our mentality especially in defence. Now we need to recover fast from this defeat to get back to winning ways. Hope we will be in better mood when we face Inter in the EL.

More worrying stat : we have now lost every "big" match in the league after playing midweek EL matches : ManCity, Everton and Liverpool. Tiredness the reason ? If we do progress to the QFs of EL, it will come betore the Everton and Chelsea matches.

By the way, who is Shaquile Coulthirst ? Have never heard about him before but suddenly he is on the bench against Liverpool. Is he really that good or is AVB showing too much confidence in young players ? He even has his own twitter account : https://twitter.com/ShaqCoulthirst

More worrying stat : we have now lost every "big" match in the league after playing midweek EL matches : ManCity, Everton and Liverpool. Tiredness the reason ? If we do progress to the QFs of EL, it will come betore the Everton and Chelsea matches.

No we lost them because were 3 hard away games.
Each of the European games before them were played at White Hart Lane.
So its nothing to do with travelling and tiredness.
In fact we have won the weekend after all 4 of our european away games.

Back