• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

better this than the spammers or scum imo

This. As annoying as those Scousers are I'd rather us drop points against them than against Spammers or Scum. Hopefully we can make up for today' dropped points by silencing the Chavs next month.

I think we paid the price for Thursday night. AVB rightly wants to win the Europa League, but going to Anfield was always going to tough after playing such a high intensity game. Fatigue can lead to mistakes, and that's what cost us. We've left ourselves in a position where we have no squad depth at all and the one player he bought in - Holtby - you sense he's not sure about now.

We've got players out on loan who could have been very useful to us, Townsend and Rose in particular, and I think it was a mistake to loan them out/not recall them.

On a more positive note, we showed we were clearly superior to Liverpool and that AVB is a far more tactically astute manager.

Hello everyone! New poster, was on here ages ago, before the site change. But just had to vent. I cannot believe Defoe manages to chest and put a through ball for rat face. I do wonder if he had the same opportunity at the other end, that he just wouldn't have smashed it. I mean he doesn't usually pass. Was perfect waited pass. Why??! Had to turn off phone cos have a one idiot pool fan who just cant help himself. Walker...do we have nobody who can give that man a rest??
I am trying to find an upside.........and its hope that we do not implode like last season. Keep believing.

the annoying thing is sig and defoe both had opportunities where if they would have passed to each other we prob would have scored. i know defoe has just come back from injury but he was terrible today

His clever runs, his ability to hold up the ball, the fact that he is incredibly unselfish, and because he actually links up really well with Bale?

It comes as no surprise to me that Bale hit form when Defoe was out, he didnt look half as dangerous today.

completely agree

This. As annoying as those Scousers are I'd rather us drop points against them than against Spammers or Scum. Hopefully we can make up for today' dropped points by silencing the Chavs next month.

Setting emotion aside, the reason I see losing today as better than losing the two you mention is simply that today wasnt one which we would have been relying on winning. I view it as 1 point dropped rather than 3. The other two were much more winnable

His clever runs, his ability to hold up the ball, the fact that he is incredibly unselfish, and because he actually links up really well with Bale?

It comes as no surprise to me that Bale hit form when Defoe was out, he didnt look half as dangerous today.

He hasn't been holding the ball up lately. Ok Defoe made a huge error today, but I don't know how anyone can say he was worse today than Ade has been all season.

I don't think Bale's great form has anything to do with Ade.

well you didn't see it when people pointed it out during the last run of fixtures so i doubt you'd see it now :lol:

He hasn't been holding the ball up lately. Ok Defoe made a huge error today, but I don't know how anyone can say he was worse today than Ade has been all season.

I don't think Bale's great form has anything to do with Ade.

I'd be interested to see how many times Defoe touched the ball and compare to Ade v West Ham, and other recent games. My original comment was a bit of tongue in cheek, I think it's no secret that both have been poor for a while now.

well you didn't see it when people pointed it out during the last run of fixtures so i doubt you'd see it now :lol:

Mate, I realise your a big fan of his, but he's been awful this season and even worse recently. I don't know how anyone can say hand on heart that he hasn't been disappointing. Missing sitters, airshots, getting sent off, generally playing poor and taking forever to come back from the ACN.

Back